We Click

October 29, 2012

Well, happy Monday everyone!!  I hope that you had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was nice & relaxed, while still spending time with friends.  We had an amazing dinner on Friday night with our friends Grant & Meagan, plus Grant's dad.  We spent pretty much the entire day at their apartment on Saturday (minus the seven trips we made to the grocery store- no joke. Tee hee!) watching football, carving pumpkins and all that.  Yes- I carved another pumpkin!!  We accidentally left it at their apartment...so hopefully they have better luck with them not getting stolen from their front porch.  :)

I have a really simple but really fun card to share with you today!  It uses a small bit of paper from the Echo Park "Everyday Eclectic" collection, and stamps from the new company, Mama Elephant.  I am loving these fun new stamps from this cute little company...I am excited to see what they come out with next!  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock, round the bottom corners & dry emboss the front.
2. Stamp the Polaroid frame to a patterned paper block, then cut out the window.
3. Adhere the frame to the front, then accent the right corner with a piece of washi tape.
4. Stamp the first part of the sentiment to the frame, then the people inside of the cut-out window.
5. Stamp the camera to white cardstock & matching patterned paper, cut out & layer together.
6. Add glitter glue to the flash & two jewels to the camera, then adhere to the card front with foam adhesive.
7. Stamp the rest of the sentiment to the bottom of the card, then accent with a rainbow of jewels.

Challenges:
-Sketchbook Saturday #82
-Do You Stack Up #95 - Embossing
-Crafty Friends #9 - Glitz & Glam
-Stampin' for the Weekend #20 - Anything Goes










I hope you enjoyed my cute little rainbow inspired friendship card today!  I know it is a lot more clean & simple than I normally create....but I actually really like both types of styles!  I love cards with lots of layers and products....and I love cards with clean lines & minimal embellishing.  It's the best of both worlds!! :)

I have some Bible study notes to share today...so let's just get right to it!
James 5: 1-6
As a society, especially in America, we put a lot of priority on wealth.  "He who dies with the most toys wins" comes to mind.  I pretty much despise that saying.  Mostly because it goes against everything I believe, and partly because it is just gross.  Blech.  Trust me...I like things.  Especially clothes.  And boots.  And coats.  And jewelry.  And cameras.  I think you get the picture. :)  I don't think there is anything wrong with having things and having money.  But it is definitely a fine line.  When money and selfish wants & desires come before God, then there is a big problem.  I wrote awhile back that the one thing I know about myself is I could live without everything I have it God asked it of me....or if I just had to due to life situations.  And I stand by that.  I don't store my treasure in things on Earth.  I store them in Heaven.

Until later,
~L.

14 comments

  1. Love this card! Love the embossing, the gemstones, just a great combination of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card. Loving the Polaroid stamp and the little gems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful, Lea...all those lovely colors against the kraft background is so striking!
    And I want to thank you for all of your wonderful comments lately...I so appreciate each and every one! (Especially coming from an insanely talented crafter like you!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love your new blog. Thank you for your sweet comments. Totally agree with what Andrea said above!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. Love the images and the fab design.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card I have to get me some of that Doodle bug bling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A-dorable! Love the texture in the background, the colors and that fun sentiment! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAB card--LOVE the papers with those gems! FAB use of all those images too!

    And I LOOOOOOOOOOVE your little Bible study notes:) I have wanted to share something on Fridays on my blog but wasn't sure what I should do....Glad others are sharing God's love and Word!!! THANKS for the inspiration!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea, I absolutely LOVE this card!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends challenge!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful Lea. I love the design and the fabulous detailing.

    Thank you for taking part in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovin this card!! And your Bible study notes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥