Never Ever Give Up Hope

October 8, 2012

Happy Monday, friends!!  I hope you had a super wonderful weekend, and that the start of your week has been a good one so far.  So, we had a bit of a crazy mishap in our house late last night.  We were watching a movie together, and all of a sudden it sounded like a bomb went off in the other room.  Two growlers full of home brewed beer that Josh made with a friend had completely exploded (something about too much sugar, yada yada....).  Folks- there was glass shrapnel embedded in our walls.  There still is one piece that Josh couldn't get out with his fingers...needless to say, the walls in the guest bedroom are going to need some patching and painting done.  We are still doing laundry from the aftermath, letting the room air out, and will be getting the carpet cleaners in this week. The very tops of some of my scrapbooks were affected.  :(  But, what can you do.  They weren't completely ruined, and mishaps happen in life...  Although...I am pretty sure I am over beer being brewed & stored at my house.  Tee hee!  :)

As you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Pink is everywhere right now, and now it is going to be on my blog too!  While I have never been personally affected by the disease so far in this life, I am not naive enough to think that I will never be affected by it.  So, I created a card of encouragement that could be given to any woman going through this disease, or any type of hardship.  I used the Glitz Design "Hello Friend" collection for my card, and let me just say....it couldn't have been more perfect.  This line is all about friendship & encouragement & love, and just full of pink.  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from oatmeal cardstock.
2. Adhere heart bokeh transparency to the front, then trim off the excess.
3. Layer two bits of washi tape underneath a chevron frame sticker to the front.
4. Adhere the banner & heart sticker across the bottom of the frame, then accent above it with another sentiment sticker & rhinestone.
5. Cut banner edges to the teeny alpha stickers, and adhere below the banner.
6. Add the "you & me" sticker over the other strip of washi tape, then adhere the women stickers to the middle of the frame using foam adhesive.
7. Accent with clear jewels to finish.

Challenges:
-Raise the Bar #114 - Sketch
-CAS-ual Fridays #73 - For The Girls
-Flourishes October challenge - Think Pink
-Charisma Cardz #39 - Bling










I have to share a super cute photo that I took on Instagram while I was getting this card created.  My little pup really wanted to be right in my lap, instead of laying next to me on the floor like he normally does.
Isn't he just darling?!!  He did finally get tired of my moving all around and squishing him when I would lean over...but he stayed there for quite awhile.

James 3: 1-5
I'm sure you've heard the saying, "You are what you eat."?  So, how do you feel about, "You are what you say."?  Matthew 12:34 says, "For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks."  James 3:5 says, "Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts."  What we say can really, really affect others.  As kids we used to sing, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!!!"  That, my friends, is CRAP.  Words do hurt.  Words damage.  Words leave wounds.  I know I've hurt people with my words.  And people have hurt me with theirs.  I am making a much more conscious effort these days to really watch what comes out of my mouth.  To be more loving & encouraging, and to find healthier ways to voice my anger & frustrations.  It truthfully is a daily prayer for me, and something I have to be mindful of. 

Until later,
~L.

20 comments

  1. This is so clever and creative. Beautiful job. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Great design and colours. Love your crafting buddy. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on CFC and I love it! And your puppy is so adorable, sleeping on your lap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card! love, love, love the layout! thanks for joining us at charisma this challenge!

    Lisa xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love it!
    Your little pup is adorable!!
    Lucky no one was in the other room when it exploded! You must have got some fright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely GORGEOUS card lea, wow i love this so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous, Lea! I love every element of this card! Thanks for stopping by my blog! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Wow! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card, great work!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you layered up all those fun elements and still have a CAS card.... great design :0)
    Thanks for getting crafty with us at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous and LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely lovely card! Oh, what a fright with the beer explosion! Glad you are all OK!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so beautiful. ;-) I love the two female figures together - it speaks to how things are! and I love each of the elements you chose. It's perfect. ;-)

    The photo of your pup on your lap - priceless!

    I hope no one was injured in the 'blast!' Oh my word, I think I would freak out from an experience like that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this, Lea! Like Virginia said, you did an amazing job at incorporating so many wonderful elements while still staying pretty CAS. Awesome! And how crazy is that beer explosion?!? Thank God nobody was nearby!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! And thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So so beautiful, Lea! I love the image and all of your beautiful embellishing. Thank you so much for joining in on our sketch challenge this week at Raise The Bar!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lea, this is perfection, as always! And I love your pup! Is he a Yorkie? I have a sweet and fun Yorkie mix and he's my daily dose of sunshine. Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lot of lovely elements rolled up to one perfect card! Love it! Thank you for joining us this week at Raise The Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome job on your card.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, love the design of this card!
    Love the sparkle and bling too!
    Thanks for joining us at Link Up For Pink!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥