Thank You So Much

October 7, 2012

Happy Sunday, all!!  Did you have a wonderful Saturday celebrating WCMD and creating the day away?  Well...I actually only got a couple of cards done, one of which I am going to share with you today...but that was kind-of perfect for me.  Unless I am creating for CHA...I am not much of a "binge" card maker.  I prefer to make just a couple, and make sure that I add every detail that I want to it.  Plus- I was watching football.  The Griz finally won!!!  It was a good win, and we looked better....let's hope we keep improving from here on out....and win out the season!! :)

For my card today, I used all my fun papers & accessories from My Mind's Eye "The Sweetest Thing - Lavender" collection.  I just love the soft pink/aqua/cream color combo of this collection, and the feminine feel of it.  It is one of my latest favorites from MME!!  Here is what I created!
 Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from vintage cream cardstock.
2. Cover the front with a cream paper block.
3. Add crochet trim to the top of a pink chevron paper strip, and adhere to the bottom.
4. Cut a thin strip of grey striped paper, and adhere to the top.
5. Wrap light brown baker's twine around the top, then top the bow with a chipboard button.
6. Adhere an aqua label sticker & tiny word stickers to the upper right corner, then trim the excess.
7. Layer a strip of washi tape, a banner sticker, the aqua label excess and a heart circle sticker to the lower left.
8. Stamp the sentiment to the banner sticker, then accent the aqua label with enamel dots.
9. Change the brad in the doily diecuts, then adhere to the card front to finish.

Challenges:
-Two Peas Saturday Card Sketch
-Annabelle Stamps Say It With - Thank You
-Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #189 - Think Pink
-Really Reasonable Ribbon #57 - Pretty in Pink
-Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday - Doilies










Thanks for taking the time to check out my cute little thank you card all full of pink today!!  I hope that you have a really wonderful & restful Sunday ahead of you.

Until later,
~L.

13 comments

  1. This is soooo pretty! Love those doily stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! Love the colours and the doilies. So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness Lea. I just love your style. You combine the best elements together and bring out the best of them! :) Thank you so much for all the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am utterly in LOVE with this card, Lea! The colors and all the elements are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Stunning as always, Lea!! I love, love your soft style and design embellishments! You really blow me away with every card you create :)

    Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

    ~ Amanda :)

    PS. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog, I sincerely appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Lea! I have some of these pretty papers and stamps.....yet to use but you have me inspired! Thanks for joining in with AnnaBelle this week and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My! So beautiful. Love that flower. Pretty colours. Love your card, Lea! Thanks for playing along with us @ AnnaBelle stamps:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous design, Lea! Love all your elements on this! Thanks for sharing it at Really Reasonable Ribbon~!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Lea, love everything about it!
    TFS :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful Lea! Your flower is gorgeous and love the papers you used!
    Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  11. your cards are beautiful! i love the idea of using newsprint but don't know where you find "good" newsprint to use. the papers are only full of stuff i wouldn't want to use.

    i need to make some thank you cards for some friends who sent sympathy cards/gifts to me (my mother passed two weeks ago) and i love the idea of using a combination of your christmas card and this thank you card.

    take care and glad to see your works of art.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥