ME Stamp Highlight: Big Words & Up And Away

July 12, 2013

Hey all...long time no blog!  Hopefully you didn't think that I just up & left & decided to quit crafting.  Tee hee!  Totally not the truth....my life has just been really crazy.  I will do a quick catch up.  I had surgery on June 14th.  I'm not much for disclosing really personal things in my life on my blog, but I will leave the surgery at it was necessary, unplanned & I am now fine.  :)  After recovering to the point where it didn't hurt as much to move around, I had to clean my house from top to bottom, packing away clutter & unnecessary things.  Why, you might ask?  Well....my husband took a job in Fargo, ND & we needed to get our home on the market.  On June 25th it went on the market, & we were under contract in about 4 hours.  Ha!  Crazy, right?! 

So then Josh & I took a trip to Fargo (and all over North Dakota so he could meet his employees & managers from the local Best Buy stores) to look for a new home for ourselves.  We found a model home that we completely fell in love with, and thankfully they had one under construction already that we could still pick out all the colors, upgrades, etc...  We are SO excited!  I will be sure to share photos of our new home once we are settled in & it is mostly decorated.  Since returning home, I've been packing, editing wedding photos, shooting weddings & still continuing to heal from surgery.  While physically I feel fine, I am still healing internally...so I've had to take it easy from working out, etc.  Thankfully I am the packer & Josh is the hauler.  It works out. :)

With that being said...I have had basically NO time to blog, create anything that isn't for specific assignments, etc.  Because of my surgery, I totally dropped the ball on blogging in June...and I still have my last two cards from the June Mama Elephant release to share...so I am going to do that today!

Up first is this sweet little love card that I created using the "Big Words" stamp set.   I combined it with some fantastic Elle's Studio product, and a scrap of Dear Lizzy pink patterned paper.  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Add tabbed block to the front, then layer a pink paper strip to the left side.
3. Add the chalkboard card to the front using foam adhesive, then tuck the glittered tab & red tab under the left side.
4. Stamp the sentiment to vellum, cut a banner edge to the left side,then layer over top of the chalkboard card.
5. Wrap the excess vellum around the side of the card.
6. Add a glittered arrow to the top, then layer with a plastic ribbon accent.
7. Accent the front with wood veneer stars to finish.

Up next I kept it clean & simple with the "Up and Away" stamp set!  I love the look of white ink stamped directly to kraft cardstock, and the little pop of color the jewels add to it!  Check it out!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock.
2. Stamp the sentiment to the lower right corner.
3. Stamp the bunny right above the beginning of the sentiment.
4. Stamp the balloons coming from the bunny's top hand.
5. Accent with jewels to finish.

We are going to be starting our July release this coming Monday with the Stampede, and I promise this time I will be on top of my blogging this time around!  :)  Be sure to come on over & check it out!

Well- I am going to get back to packing.  We close on our home here on July 23rd, and I will be in Las Vegas at CHA during that time.  So- we are moving all of our belongings to our friends' garage...and then will be living with them for about a month until we close on our home in Fargo.  They lived with us for a few weeks while waiting for their home to be ready, & now they are returning the favor.  It is so wonderful to have such amazing friends.  Have a great weekend!!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies:

XOXO card
Cardstock:  WPlus9 (white)  |  Paper: Dear Lizzy (Lucky Charm 6x6) & The Paper Co. (vellum)  |  Stamps: Mama Elephant (Big Words)  |  Ink: Clearsnap (strawberry)  |  Other: Elle's Studio (tabbed card, chalkboard card, red tag)  |  Studio Calic (wood veneer stars)  |  Martha Stewart Crafts (glittered photo corner)  |  Jenni Bowlin (plastic bow)

Hang In There card
Cardstock:  WPlus9 (kraft) Stamps: Mama Elephant (Up and Away)  |  Ink: WPlus9 (white)  |  Other: Doodlebug Designs (jewels) 

5 comments

  1. Lea, your cards are always so awesome...I am happy to hear that you are okay. This is quite a load to handle... Good luck with the move and new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Good luck too! I love your big words card! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Miss Lea... Hope you're healing well and feeling better and getting around more and more every day. But but but WHAT is with these super clean cards of yours? This one and the one up on the latest post. So not like you. But still you make it look effortless. Unfair. Have a good day, sweets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle...I appreciate it! Your totally making me giggle over here!! :) I tend to create a little more CAS with my Mama Elephant stamps. But, the majority of my supplies are also packed away...so I am working with minimal stuff right now too! :)

      Delete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥