ME Stamp Highlight: Stitches

July 16, 2013

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!  How was your Monday?  Mine was busy...like everyday has been for the past month!  Josh had to work remotely all day & I needed to work on wedding photos...but we packed more in the evening & ran a bunch of stuff to the recycling center.  That really needed to get done...so that is a great thing!

I received a comment from my friend Michelle yesterday that made me giggle.  She asked me what was with all the super clean & simple cards as of late...it's a great question considering I am typically the queen of layers!  Ha!! Well- sometimes a sentiment or a pattern just screams to have a CAS design with lots of white space...and I notice that a lot with my Mama Elephant stamps.  And I love the fact that the stamps bring out the more graphic side of my skills!!  The other side of it is my entire scrap room is packed up, apart from a few items I have kept with me in a tote.  So- I am pretty limited on what I have available to work with...which means cleaner designs. :) 

This week the Mama Elephant design team is showcasing our projects using all the new stamp sets from July's release!  Today we are focusing on the "Stitches" stamp set, which has a super sweet sewing theme to it.  Once again...I have stuck with a super clean design, stamping the image directly to kraft cardstock with white ink.  The main part of this sentiment is so intricate & frilly...I really felt it needed to stand alone on my card!  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock, then round the lower right corner.
2. Stamp "Thanks" to the right corner in white ink.
3. Add the rest of the sentiment below it in white ink as well.
4. Thread three buttons with twine, then next to the smaller part of the sentiment to finish.

"Stitches", along with all the other new stamp sets are available for purchase right now at the Mama Elephant store!  Be sure to head on over and pick your favorites up!  I would love to hear which set (or sets!) are your faves from this release....I think mine is definitely "Hustle", although I love them all!

The other Mama Elephant card designers have also created some fabulous projects using today's stamp set as well...be sure to check them all out!

Savannah O'Gwynn - http://savannahland2.blogspot.com/
Mariana Grigsby - http://marianagrigsby.wordpress.com/
JJ Bolton - http://www.jjbolton.org
Cheiron Brandon - http://www.cheironbrandon.typepad.com/
Alice Wertz - http://aliceslittlewonderland.blogspot.com/
Pearl Liu - http://kraftypearl.blogspot.com/

Well, I hope you've enjoyed me sweet little thank you card today!  I will be back tomorrow with another card featuring a new Mama Elephant stamp set!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies
Cardstock:  WPlus9 (kraft) Stamps: Mama Elephant (Stitches)  |  Ink: WPlus9 (white)  |  Other: My Mind's Eye (buttons)  |  May Arts (natural twine)  |  Creative Memories (corner rounder)

Challenges:
-Inspired by Stamping #59 - cream, kraft, peach
-Charisma Cardz #27 - no designer paper

7 comments

  1. Simple but effective, love the buttons! This is a great sentiment stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooooooove your CAS card-- I LOVE the buttons below that beautiful sentiment! LOOOOOOVE:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous CAS card ! Magnificent buttons. Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet...love that new stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and simple, I love it! Thanks for joining us at IBS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely CAS card! Beautiful! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stylish, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. xxx,

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥