ME Stamp Highlight: Hustle

July 19, 2013

Happy Friday, all!!  Welcome to the weekend!  What do you have on your plate for the next few days?  Me- I'm editing photos & finishing up some last minute packing today.  Tomorrow I have a wedding to shoot, so I will be at that all day long.  Then Sunday we are moving the rest of our stuff to our storage unit, doing the last minute cleaning of the house, & then moving in with our friends for the next month.  And on Monday...I leave for Summer CHA in Vegas!!  So excited to meet so many people in person that I feel like I "know"...and just have a great time!

Today is our final release day for Mama Elephant, and we are showcasing the "Hustle" stamp set.  This set is full of super fun & trendy sentiments!  I chose a bright, rainbow color theme to pair with the fabulous #YOLO sentiment. I made it a birthday card by adding the Let's Celebrate from the "Say What" stamp set!  This is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from red cardstock.
2. Add a polka dot paper strip across the front of it at an angle.
3. Stamp the top sentiment in white, & the bottom sentiment in black.
4. Wrap twine around the middle, and finish with a bow.
5. Add the printed cut-outs & wood veneer @ symbol to the upper left corner.
6. Adhere a glittered photo corner & dotted rhinestone to the bottom right corner.
7. Add an arrow sticker pointing to the bottom sentiment to finish.

This card makes me think of my Aunt Amy & her daughter, Molly.  This motto has been their mantra lately,  and the bright colors are just so fitting! They both even wear pretty bright colors most of the time!!

"Hustle", along with all the other new stamp sets are available for purchase right now at the Mama Elephant store!  Be sure to head on over and pick up your faves!

The other Mama Elephant card designers have also created some fabulous projects using today's stamp set as well...be sure to check them all out!

Savannah O'Gwynn - http://savannahland2.blogspot.com/
Mariana Grigsby - http://marianagrigsby.wordpress.com/
JJ Bolton - http://www.jjbolton.org
Cheiron Brandon - http://www.cheironbrandon.typepad.com/
Alice Wertz - http://aliceslittlewonderland.blogspot.com/
Pearl Liu - http://kraftypearl.blogspot.com/

Well, I hope you've enjoyed my rainbow birthday card today!  I have a super busy weekend, so I doubt I will be posting anything until next week...live from Summer CHA!! :)

Until later,
~L.

Supplies
Cardstock:  WPlus9 (red) Patterned Paper: Glitz Design (Color Me Happy 6x6)  |  Stamps: Mama Elephant (Hustle, Say What)  |  Ink: Tsukineko (onyx black) & WPlus9 (white)  |  Other: Studio Calico (printable cut-outs, wood veneer symbol)  |  Glitz Design (jewel, arrow sticker)  |  Martha Stewart Crafts (glittered photo corner)  |  May Arts (natural twine)  

Challenges
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch - card
-CASology #53 - cool
-Moxie Fab World - birthday creations 
-Seize the Birthday - anything goes
-Word Art Wednesday #89 - anything goes

11 comments

  1. Such a bright and fun card, Lea. I'm SO in love with the wooden pieces, and still need to get me some! LOVE this, and thanks SO MUCH for sharing with us again this week. Your art always blesses me!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, what a brilliant cheerful card !!! I LOVE IT !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so totally cute! I love the bright, fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the happy colors with this new stamp! Very cool take on this stamp set! I am envious that you will be off to CHA!! Enjoy the trip and take tons of photos to share later here! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your version of freestyle...it's so pleasing to this CAS girls eyes. great fun color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of cool detail here - I know a couple of cool teens who would love this! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you have all those details on there but it still feels CAS. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is FUN! :) Love the happy colors and the wonderful blend of elements on this! Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! I hope you finished up your move smoothly! That's never an easy job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing project! Thanks for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card Leah - love all the detail! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Lea! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥