ME Stamp Highlight: Lights Out

July 18, 2013

Happy Thursday, everyone!  How are you doing today?  I'm doing really well!  We're almost to a point where most things are boxed up...even the food in the kitchen.  We kept the boxes open in case we need something, but they just need to be taped shut when it's time to go to the storage unit.  I have anything that has been opened in a bag to take to our friend's house, where we are staying the next month.  We just need to pack up our closet, the rest of our bathroom, & our bedding...then some odds & ends here and there.  Today I get a little break from it all, and am running up to Ronan to get my hair done.  Yay!!  It needs it badly, so this will be a nice treat!

Today we are showcasing the new "Lights Out" stamp set for the Mama Elephant release week!  I chose to focus on the stars with my card, adding gold glittered & wood veneer stars all along the edge of the title card. I added the sentiment from the "Lights Out" set directly to the top of the title card to really make the theme of the card shine! Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut yellow sunburst paper slightly smaller & adhere to the front.
3. Layer the gold zigzag border, yellow tag & sentiment card to the lower left corner.
4. Add the date tag to the top & accent with jewels.
5. Stamp the sentiment & star want directly to the card front.
6. Accent with gold glitter & wood veneer stars to finish.

"Lights Out", along with all the other new stamp sets are available for purchase right now at the Mama Elephant store!  Be sure to head on over and pick up your faves!

The other Mama Elephant card designers have also created some fabulous projects using today's stamp set as well...be sure to check them all out!

Savannah O'Gwynn - http://savannahland2.blogspot.com/
Mariana Grigsby - http://marianagrigsby.wordpress.com/
JJ Bolton - http://www.jjbolton.org
Cheiron Brandon - http://www.cheironbrandon.typepad.com/
Alice Wertz - http://aliceslittlewonderland.blogspot.com/
Pearl Liu - http://kraftypearl.blogspot.com/

Well, I hope you've enjoyed my starry encouragement card today!  I will be back tomorrow with another card featuring a new Mama Elephant stamp set!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies
Cardstock:  WPlus9 (white) Patterned Paper: Glitz Design (Sunshine In My Soul 6x6)  |  Stamps: Mama Elephant (Lights Out)  |  Ink: Tsukineko (onyx black)  |  Other: Studio Calico (glittered stars, wood veneer stars)  |  Elle's Studio (tags)  |  Teresa Collins Designs (gold glitter border strip)  |  Chic Tags (printable sentiment card)  |  Michael's (jewels)

5 comments

  1. Awesome creation. Love the cheerful yellows and the stars. All the best with the move - quite stressful I am sure.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! loving all the stars and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so so so pretty!!! and i love that sentiment in the background too!! (the song is stuch in my head!)!!

    thanks for sharing your crafty-ness while you're moving!! and good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the glitter and colors! This is like a boutique card that I would actually buy! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥