♥♥Friday - {Love # 1 ♥}

February 7, 2014

Happy Friday, friends!  How has your week been?  I've had a good one so far...I've been going crazy getting my digital product organized this week...it has been quite a process, but SO fun.  I got rid of the items I know I will never use, & filed them on my computer in ways that I will know how to find everything & give credit properly to the designer.

I am SO excited for the Olympics!  I watched the two new events last night, & it just made me super excited!  I can't wait to see the Opening Ceremonies tonight, & I've been avoiding as many online news outlets as possible so I won't see any spoilers!!  Eeeek...can't wait!!  And now, it's time for...


1. I am pretty excited about this news.  Sigh- someone pinch me, because I think I might be dreaming.  SO excited to be the newest project designer for My Mind's Eye! One of my new cards will be shared below!

2. This could be the nicest post anyone has ever written about me.  Ever.  It seriously warmed my heart {& my cheeks a bit}, and I am very grateful that she included me. 

3. I am SO inspired by the Birthday Bash going on at Pixels and Company.  The challenges are on my to-do list tonight, & tomorrow while watching the Olympics.  {Thus all the digital organizing above!!}

4. The Glitz Design blog is ON FIRE this week.  Our creative team took on a fabulous color trend challenge this week, & they rocked it.  Did you know that we giveaway three prizes each month?!  More details on that this weekend...so be sure to check back.

5. You know those Facebook movies that everyone was posting this week, since FB turned 10?  I LOVE them.  I know that people were making fun of them, but I loved watching them & seeing a little snippet of the past years of family & friends.  Here is a link to mine, if it worked anyways. 

There you have it...five things that I am loving right now.  How about I share a card now?  This is one of my first MME cards!  I used the new Record it! "Pretty Things" collection, combined with the Now & Then "Mildred" collection.  It also fits the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to use hearts
"Hello Love" Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from cream cardstock, then round the bottom corners.
2. Trim a 4x6 journal card, then adhere to the front.
3. Trim a 4x6 laser cut card & adhere the trimmed excess from the background card to the top of it.
4. Adhere to laser cut card to the front, adding foam adhesive underneath the lettering.
5. Cut the doily from a 3x4 journal card, then adhere to the upper left corner.
6. Thread a chipboard banner with metallic twine, & tie into a bow.
7. Layer the stickers, chipboard & other accents to the top of the doily as shown..
8. Layer a gold heart sticker & twine threaded chipboard banner to the top of the laser cut lettering.
9. Accent with a blue enamel heart & gold enamel dot to finish.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  I hope that you've enjoyed my post, and my card using some of the newest My Mind's Eye product.  Have a wonderful Friday & start to your weekend!!

Until later,
~L.

6 comments

  1. I really like your card. The laser cut hello looks amazing on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lea! They are so lucky to have you. Have fun crafting and watching the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy and excited for you on your MME DT position!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Congrats on making the MME team! So awesome! I just love the card you made with their projects - pink and navy have been a big favorite of mine lately, and I love how you've used them here! You are gonna do amazing things with MME products - they're lucky to have you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo on the MME team!! I'm so happy for you! They always have such fab projects, and I know you will rock that team! Your card is stunning. I really love the pp you picked for the negative space, and the clustering is fantastic.
    Hooray for Taheerah's post (and P.S., it was all true). :)
    Have fun watching the Olympics and doing some digi work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card! Just stunning! Wonderful design!!

    Congrats on the MME DT!! Well deserved!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥