Paper Bakery - {2 Cards 1 Way}

February 10, 2014

Happy Monday, blog friends!!  I hope your week has started out wonderfully so far!!  Have you been enjoying the Olympics?  I LOVE the Olympics!!  We've been recording every minute of it so we don't miss a thing.  Some of the sports don't interest me, but it is nice to have in the background while working on other things.  And of course, the events they show during primetime have me glued to the television!!  So happy that the U.S. medaled in both of the brand new Olympic events this year...such an awesome accomplishment!

I have some cards using the January LOVE POTION #9 card kit, where I focused on the papers, stickers, rub-ons & sparklets.  {I used a little bit of the ribbon too!}  I wanted to share with you how to get the most out of all the amazing sketches that are out there by using them twice {or more!!}.  I chose this sketch, and I used it as shown for one card, then flipped it 180 degrees & used it again.  I chose grey as my neutral color for both cards, then created a girl card using pink & a boy card using blue.  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut grey background paper slightly smaller, then adhere.
3. Cut an angled paper strip, & adhere to the front.
4. Add the rub-on sentiment & borders at the angle, then accent with jewels.
5. Cluster the stickers, banners & jewels in the corner as shown.
6. Add a bow to the pink card to finish.

Card Challenges:
-Retro Sketch #101
-CAS-ual Fridays #127

Using a sketch multiple times is a great way to make a set of cards that have a cohesive design, but don’t look exactly the same.  If you wanted to create a set of 4 cards, you flip the sketch at 90 degrees, 180 degrees, & 270 degrees for even more options! 

I hope that you have a wonderful Monday!  I will be back tomorrow with a card using some brand new WPlus9 product!!

Until later,
~L.

9 comments

  1. Love how you created both a masculine and feminine card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super cute! I love the slant.
    Hugs,
    Sami
    Thescrapmaster.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great duo of cards! I love the Olympics too! Curling is my favorite but we are not doing so well at this point. Keeping hope alive though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cards. Congrats on your big news on MME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lea, gorgeous set of cards! I love all of the elements and your banners that go over the edge! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sparkly circles on these. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥