WPlus9 - { love you }

February 17, 2014

Happy Monday, friends!!  Did you have a wonderful Valentine's weekend?  What did you do on Valentine's day?  Josh cooked us an AMAZING meal....manchego stuffed pork, garlic mashed potatoes & sauteed asparagus.  I baked some sparkling red wine cupcakes that were gluten-free and SO good...you would never know they were GF.  I was born allergic to wheat, & I never really grew out of it.  Thankfully it does not cause an anaphylactic reaction in me, but I don't feel well when I do eat it...so I just try to keep it out of my system as much as possible. 

Today I wanted to share a card that I created for the WPlus9 blog last week.  We were showing ways to add dimension to our projects, so I chose to use heat embossing, layers, & foam adhesive. I combined silver & gold on this card...& I love how it turned out!  If there is a rule about mixing metallics....well, I think it's plain silly.  :)  Here is what I created:
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cover the top with a chevron paper strip, then round the upper left & bottom right corners.
3. Stamp the triangles to each corner, cover in gold embossing powder & heat set.
4. Stamp the stars, cover in platinum embossing powder & heat set.
5. Wrap silver metallic twine around the seam of the chevron paper strip.
6. Add the journal card to the front on foam adhesive.
7. Diecut the feathers from white cardstock.
8. Ink the bottom of the larger feather, cover in gold embossing powder & heat set.
9. Stamp the smaller feather, cover in gold embossing powder & heat set.
10. Layer the feathers, chipboard banner, gold star, twine bow & gold enamel dot to the corner.
11. Add the glitter thickers to the middle of the journal card to finish the sentiment.
12. Add a twine threaded arrow to the left of the "love" part of the sentiment.
13. Accent with wood veneer stars, & silver glitter enamel dots to finish.

Card Challenges:
-Sketchbook Saturday #115
-Sisterhood of Crafters "Love is in the Air"
-Just Us Girls #228
-Word Art Wednesday #119

I will be back tomorrow with another WPlus9 card, using this week's challenge which is all about trends!  I will add all the details to my blog post tomorrow, but if you participate in this week's challenge you could win a $100 gift certificate to the WPlus9 store!!  Check out all the details on Dawn's blog!

That is everything I have for you today!  I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your Monday!

Until later,
~L.

“Love You More” Supplies: 
Cardstock:  WPlus9 (white)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye  (Charmed 6x6 paper pad)
Tag Die: WPlus9 (Fanciful Feathers)
Ink: Clearsnap (Top Boss)
Embossing Powder: American Crafts (Gold Glitter zing) & Ranger (platinum)
3x4 Journal Card: My Mind's Eye (Charmed)
Chipboard Buttons: My Mind's Eye (Now and Then "Dorothy" Celebrate)
Silver Glitter Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye (Now and Then "Izzy" Happenings)
Metallic Silver Twine: Lawn Fawn 
Glitter Thickers: American Crafts (Amy Tangerine white)
Wood Veneer Stars: Studio Calico
Tools:Cuttlebug machine, heat gun, corner rounder
Craft Supply: gold star sequin

12 comments

  1. WOW! Dimension rocks this page. The embossed triangles at the bottom add so much. The gold and silver is always a winner.Thank you for sharing this lovely art with us. Please come back soon.
    Blessings, Carole Word Art Wednesday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely card! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The gold embossing is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card! I love all of the texture. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card, love the 3D effect and the GOLD!!! Wow! I just want to touch it, how can you resist heat embossing? Thank's for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card...love all the wonderful textures!! Thank you for joining us in the challenge at "The Sisterhood"!
    Diane Hover
    Sisterhood of Crafters DT
    Nellies Nest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for blessing us with your talents at Word Art Wednesday! We look forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully designed! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘LOVE YOU’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This beauty stopped me in my tracks. Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card. Love the black and gold and all the fabulous details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a stunner! Gold AND silver embossing?? GET OUT! <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥