Pink Paislee - {Love 3x}

February 4, 2014

Hey there, blog friends!  How is your Tuesday going?  I will admit...I'm being a little lazy today.  I guess that is okay....but I do need to get going on some things.  So- after writing this blog post, it will be time to get to work!  On a good note- I worked out yesterday, & have plans to do the same again!  Got to get my body back into swimsuit mode for summmer.....lol.

I have a sweet little love card to share with you today!  And while it is about love, it isn't your usual Valentine's colors/look...so it can be used at any time. {Which is my fave type of love card!!}  I used Pink Paislee's Colorwash collection on this card & some other bits & baubles...check it out!
"Love You More" Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut background paper slightly smaller, then adhere.
3. Stamp the three watercolor paint brushes to the center of the card.
4. Diecut a tag from vellum, then stamp the word "LOVE", cover in embossing powder & heat set.
5. Tie a double bow from metallic gold twine.
6. Adhere two tags, a circle sticker & twine bow together with an enamel topped brad.
7. Tuck the pink label sticker through the diecut letters on the bottom tag, then adhere the entire tag to the front.
8. Accent with gold star sequins & enamel dots to finish.

Card Challenges:
-Retro Sketches #100
-Simon Says Wednesday - twine or string

Quick Tip: I only had really bright yellow inks, & I wanted the stamped watercolor brush to be a lot lighter.  So, I put popcorn colored ink on the stamp first, then added the canary yellow ink to the top of it very lightly.  This gave me the exact shade of yellow that I wanted!!  I tried it out on a scrap piece of white cardstock first, to make sure I didn't need to make any adjustments to the ink amounts.

I love how this turned out...I haven't quite had the guts to jump into the whole paints, mists, artsy type of crafting, but I really do love the look of it.  I was happy that I was able to achieve the look with patterned paper & stamping.  I hope you like it too....I would love to hear what you think!!

That is all I have for you today....have a wonderful Tuesday!

Until later,
~L.

“Love You More” Supplies: 
Cardstock:  WPlus9 (white)
Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee (Color Wash 6x6 paper pad)
Stamps: Pink Paislee  (Color Wash)
Tag Die: WPlus9 (Timeless Tags 2)
Ink: Clearsnap (Top Boss, Zen Garden, Popcorn, Canary) & Tsukineko (Aloe Vera, Pixie Dust)
Embossing Powder: American Crafts (Glitter Glitter zing)
Large White Tag: Pink Paislee (Color Wash)
Pink Label Sticker: Pink Paislee (Sentiment Series)
Green Circle Sticker: American Crafts (Dear Lizzy "Lucky Charm" accent & phrase pad)
Metallic Gold Twine: Lawn Fawn
Enamel Topped Brad: My Mind's Eye (Now & Then "Mildred")
Glittered Enamel Dots: Freckled Fawn (September 2013 Oh Deer Me kit
White Enamel Dots: Basic Grey
Tools:Cuttlebug machine, heat gun
Craft Supply: gold star sequins, vellum

14 comments

  1. Beautiful!! Love the soft colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lea :-) the whole design of this is absolutely stunning !! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great little card. I'm loving that twine and your layered love. Love you more, love tag, love die cut

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO GORGEOUS Lea!!! Love the soft hues! So Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a gorgeous card and such beautiful details.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful and artful! LOVE the soft and airy shades you used for this card! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lea this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love the layers and how soft and beautiful your creation is!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is really beautiful! Loce the clean and simple style and - of course - the GOLD!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you seen this really nice write-up about you and your work on Taheerah's blog today?! She got me overo check out your site, and I'm sure glad she did! AWESOME work you have here, hun! I love it all :) http://littlemisst-papercraft.blogspot.com/2014/02/followfriday-no-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your LOVE card, Lea! It is gorgeous! You have the BEST touches when it comes to layering and adding embellishments! Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day! What a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mega, mega gorgeous! I already pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the layered tags and the stars. What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥