Studio Calico - {u r amazing}

February 19, 2014

Happy Wednesday, blog friends!  How has your day been?  Mine has been good!  I went to Costco...alone.  Never a good thing.  I go up & down every single aisle, ultimately finding things that we probably wouldn't normally purchase because we didn't know it was there.  Lol!!  The toothpaste we prefer & the vitamins I've been wanting to try both had a great instant coupon on them.  Then I found my Tazo chai tea concentrate in a 3 pack....saving me a good amount of $$$ from buying it at the grocery store.  Woot!  Then I grabbed some Udi's bread & gluten-free pancake mix that actually looks like it will taste decent.  And they had the mangos that I love in stock, plus strawberries were a great price...I think you're getting the picture.

I also have a card to share with you today, using some items from some of my past Studio Calico kits.  I went pretty clean & graphic with this card, & used lots of one of my latest fave things....stars.  Check it out!
 Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut white star paper slightly smaller.
3. Cut orange ombre paper at an angle, then diecut a star from the right side of it.
4. Add a blue star paper block to the background paper where it will peek out from the diecut star, then stamp the sentiment to the white & orange papers.
5. Adhere the orange paper strip with foam squares, then wrap twine around the top of it.
6. Adhere the entire paper block to the card front.
7. Tuck the yellow star flair under the left side of the orange strip, then accent with a twine bow & striped brad.
8. Add letter stickers above the stamped word "amazing" to complete the sentiment.
9. Accent with wood veneer stars & enamel dots to finish.

Card Challenges
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch
-The Paper Players #183
-Runway Inspired #54

I love how this card turned out...the colors are so outside of my norm, but I really dig how they look together!! It's always good to step outside of your comfort zone at times...don't you think?  Well, that is all I have for you today!  I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening!!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies:

12 comments

  1. Gorgeous card! Such an unexpected color mix- it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Lea!! You have such a gift for selection and placement of elements - everything looks pike it has always belonged together which is astounding! Love that one big negative die-cut star and that hand lettered effect sentiment! Amazing card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lea! So in love with the "amazing" sentiment :) The color combo is Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, this is FANTASTIC! Love the placement of all the elements and how they are perfectly balanced with fun pops of color. Your day at Costco cracked me up--I'm the same way at Target, LOL! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I like this a lot, Lea! Great layout, great patterned papers and I love the collage style of the card. Perfect for our challenge! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is "amazing"! Love the different types of stars you used and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is a gorgeous blend of whimsical, bold, clean and simple - all at the same time! Love the way you've used that sentiment too! Thanks for joining us on the Runway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Lea! All the colours you have used look so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute & fun....I couldn't see the "u r" until the second photo and it is adorable! I love all the stars you were able to incorporate and still keep it CAS! Thanks for playing with my starry challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore how you use the two tones for the card front! Each element has its perfect place!! Love this so much, Lea! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, this is stunning! I always love how you mix colors and patterns. Thank you for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥