February - {Blog Your Heart}

February 1, 2014

It's February 1st.  Seriously?!  Seriously...  Time just seems to fly by these days.  Sometimes I feel like I am watching it go by at warp speed, almost like it is passing me by.  But before I get into all that...
Stephanie Howell does this on her blog, and I've decided that I want to follow suit {ie: copy her. Lol.}on my blog.  My reasoning?  Ever since moving, I've found that I ponder on things a little more.  I find my heart to be heavy at times, elated at others, struggling sometimes, but hopeful most of the time.  And I want a little place of my own where I can type everything out...and it will always be there.  I lose notebooks & journals all the time...& adding them to my blog just feels like it is a little more permanent, I guess. 

So, here is what has been on my heart & on my mind recently.

1.  I miss my girls in Missoula.  I miss my best friend, Meagan.  I miss being able to just head over to their house or vice versa & hang out.  I miss how I could sit there & tell either of these girls anything...with no judgement & with open hearts. 
It takes time to develop relationships like the ones I have with these girls.  It also takes time for me to really open up to people, & really truly let them in my life.  I don't know if I will find friends like these two in Fargo.  And that is okay...I have to remember that they are just a phone call, text or Facetime away.  But I also need to keep putting myself out there a little bit more each time, & continue finding a group of friends here in Fargo.

2. Speaking of Meagan...we are going to read a book together {once I finally get it from the library....it's taking FOREVER!}.  She sent me this article link with a list of books to read before they come out in the movie theater.  There are so many books I want to read on the list, but we are going to start with "Winter's Tale" by Mark Helprin.  I am actually excited to see the movie as well...but I will probably wait until it comes out on DVD...so we have plenty of time.  And I am really excited to read a book with Meagan, & have our own little long distance book club.  Thinking about it makes me smile.  :)

3. I read this excerpt from a book about Bono, and it just resonated with me.  I found myself shaking my head, & just agreeing with each sentence as I read it.  We drove all the way to Salt Lake City a few years ago just to see the U2 360 concert....& it was AMAZING.  I find his faith refreshing, & how convicted he is over social problems in the world.  He's got a pretty amazing philanthropic resume...I was quite impressed the other day as I started reading everything he is involved in.  He feels like a celebrity you can actually not be embarrassed to like.

4.  So, I've booked 4 weddings so far here in Fargo....2 for this summer & 2 for next summer.  I feel really good about that.  I have several other inquiries as well, and an entire list of brides & grooms that registered at the Bridal Prevue I was part of in early January.  I feel good about the fact that my business is going to grow here...I feel really good about it.  And that makes me very happy.

5.  I have some exciting crafty news that I get to share with you this month, and I can't wait to share!!  My creativity finally feels like it is coming back to me, & February is the month that I am going to get back to "normal".  Posting more, creating more, and getting out there & seeing what all my crafting friends & muses are up to.  I feel like I've failed this little industry that I love so much over the past few months...and I'm over it!  I promise...I will be at your blog to see things AND leave comments of encouragement.  I promise you will see more projects on my blog, & more posts.  Sometimes they might just be some personal photos...but this blog is going to be way more active!  I hope you'll join me!! :)

6. And last, have you seen that amazingly cute Budweiser puppy commercial that they released before the Super Bowl this year?!
I've watched it at least 5 times so far...if not more.  It just warms my heart when I see it, & makes me appreciate the two sweet pups I have in my life.  They keep me company on the days that I feel so lonely in Fargo...unconditionally loving me, & not mad at me for moving them away from their best friend, Trigger.  (Who mostly just tolerates them, but I prefer to think he just feels like he has to set a good example for them.  Lol!)

So- there you have it.  Nothing earth shattering, but me sharing a little piece of how I feel lately.  I would love to hear back from you....anything that you want to share.  It could be your thoughts on my thoughts (lol) or just something that has been on your heart lately.  I would love to hear it.

I will be back tomorrow with a new card to share with you...I am IN LOVE with this card.  I hope that you are going to love it to.

Until later,
~L.

11 comments

  1. Can't wait to see your card and you have me curious about your scrappy news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet! I'm excited to share my news too!! I think I get to announce it around the 6th or so!

      Delete
  2. Lea, you've had a lot going on. Things will get better as you settle in your new home. As for your creativity, I don't know what you are talking about. All the layouts and cards I've seen on your blog are just amazing. I can't wait to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww....thank you so much Kym. That is SO sweet!

      Delete
  3. Wow, isn't that funny that I didn't even know but was doing it too!??!! Thanks for popping in Lea...and whoa girl...you sure have alot on your plate!!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to see you join in this month and I loved learning more about you. Lea, I so hear you on #1. I miss my Savannah girlfriends so much it makes my heart hurt. It's the hardest part of moving for SURE. So excited for you and your business growth and ESPECIALLY excited about your crafty news. ;) ;) xoxoxo S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is...I moved once when I was younger, & it devastated me. As an adult I am not devastated because it was my decision, but it doesn't make it easier. The friends thing is definitely the hardest part..that & leaving family.

      And "wink wink" on the crafty news....lol!! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi, Lea. This is the first time I have visited your blog (coming from retrosketches) so I don't know anything about you, but I have enjoyed reading this post of yours!! I have only seen your last 2 cards, but I can't wait to look at all the rest!! I wish I could express myself so well with words as you have done here (my home language is Afrikaans so I struggle a bit with the English sometimes)!! I want to wish you all the best for your business and in your new home and I can't wait to hear your crafty news!! I am going to sit back now and enjoy all your creations!!
    Hugz from South Africa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Petra!! Welcome to my little space on the internet! I'm so glad that you've stopped by & checked it out!! Thanks so much for the sweet comment, and for wishing me the best. I really appreciate it!!! :)

      Delete
  6. Moving away from your close friends is tough! Glad that you are slowly adjusting to Fargo! Thanks for sharing this heartfelt post! I love that Bud commercial and had watched it about 4 times (that is a lot for ME!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember it took me a long time to develop really close friendships with new people after I moved to a new city in 1999. But at the same time, I feel like it's something that you really can't rush--it's something that just has to grow naturally, probably when you least expect it. So, hang in there. Also, it's great that you're still keeping in touch with your old friends. There's an old Russian saying that goes, "one old friend is better than two new friends." :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥