2S4U, Cardalicious, and some CPS fun!

January 20, 2009

Good Tuesday morning all! So, I know I said I would update my blog over the weekend...but we had some major issues on our desktop computer, which is what I normally use for photos, posting, etc. Josh is still working on the desktop, so I finally just used the laptop to do everything this morning, and will transfer everything over when it is back up and running. Ugh- computer issues!!
I have a few things to share with you this morning! First up is this week's sketch from the 2 Sketches 4 U blog, Kazan sketch #18. Really fun sketch this week...I took those lines pretty literally! I used this cute paper line by Sassafras Lass called "Hog Heaven". Just love this line...kind-of how I love every line that Sass puts out! :) Next up is the card I did for the Cardalicious #10 challenge. The challenge was to use a circle, a flower, and something sparkley. Got it all covered in this card below, and used up some Sassafras Lass "Happy Place" scraps! (The second image is the inside of the card.)
And last but not least, is a card I did with the scraps from my CPS card this week. So- you are getting a little sneak peek at the paper I chose, and the theme! This is the cute line called "Chick-a-Doo" by SEI. My CPS card will be posted on Thursday, so be sure to check back! It is pretty darn cute...I like it! :)
And a little more CPS stuff to let you know about. I am providing the giveaway this week at CPS for one lucky participant. We are doing a review of sketches 1-99, so pick your favorite sketch from here, and whip up a card with it. Then post it on your blog or in your gallery, and link it in this cool new feature we are adding to the blog HERE. I will be picking a random winner from this list of links on FRIDAY...so be sure to use the Mister Linky's Magical Widget. How cute is that name?! Hee hee! The prize is an awesome one....this pack of Basic Grey "Ambrosia" paper. So, get going on some fabulous cards using past CPS sketches.
And next week marks the 100th sketch at CPS! I can't believe how fast time has gone by, and how awesome it has been to work with Tami, the other CPS girls, and all our readers! We have some amazing celebrations planned at CPS starting next week, so be ready to stop by a lot in the next few weeks!
Well, I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend! I had a long weekend, as my company uses banker's holidays...so I had Monday off. Here is a recap of my weekend. Friday night I worked on some crafting stuff. On Saturday I drove up to Ronan to get my hair done. I went to lunch with my cousin Jamie, and then went to visit my grandparents for a little bit. On my way home, I stopped to see the preschool that Jamie opened up this year. It is fabulous...such a great place for kids to spend their day learning and having fun! Congrats Jamie...you did an amazing job with it! On Saturday night, Josh and I played a video game together that he just got from Gamefly called Eternal Sonata. It is fun, and I like the fact that I can play with him on the same team. My parents came on Sunday, and they took us out for another birthday dinner, and then I got to open some more presents. Monday I did some cardmaking, and then went to visit some friends with my parents. And Josh and I played that video game together again last night! Lots of fun this weekend...I hope you had lots of fun too!
Well, that is about it for me for now! Have a great start of your week!
~Lea


45 comments

  1. Wow Lea, these cards are fabulous! Of course I love the Sass Lass cards, but the baby boy one is totally adorable too!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I can't believe how detailed these cards are! Hooray for playing along at Cardalicious! You couldn't resist the use of sparkles, could you, lol. Congrats on 100 cards for CPS! That's very exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Lea. I love your style. And your pics are great too! I MUST go over and check out what's going on at CPS. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW the inspiration my friend! wow, wow, wow! can't wait to see your CPS card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, those are just gorgeous! I love all the Sassafrass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love everything you create! I especially {heart} the sassafras'alcious ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the cards are amazing but your cute card for 2S4Y certainly put a smile on my face :)
    Thanks for playing
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work on all the cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are FABULOUS girl--totally eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you have done with sketch #18 and the sassafrass lass papers - they are so whimsical and you have dressed them up in a really fun way

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! awesome cards! i seriously am in love with your colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What amazing eye candy Lea, love each and every one of your creations. Awesome take on Kazan's sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable cards all , Lea ! so hard to pick a fave amongst them !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is so unique! I love the papers you used! Great cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh your cards are so sweet!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are alays so pretty! You are so creative.
    Happy belated Birthday! You are not even 30!
    I will have to check out that new feature on CPS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous card for the sketch Lea and I love that Hog Heaven paper...so cute
    Hugs
    Kath]xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love what you are doing with the Sassafrass Lass papers!! You work them perfectly!! Love the inside of the thanks card!! Pure genious!! The bling is perfect!! Can't wait to see your next CPS Card!!

    I have never been to Ronan, but I didn't think it was a very big town. I will have to keep my eyes open next time we are in that neck of the woods! I am so happy you had a great weekend! I hope this week is just as fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow Lea, these cards are just so gorgeous, brigh and vibrant. You are very talented. Mmm ... a busy weekend you seem to have and by the sound of it, you had a birthday recently. Hope you had a wonderful day and that the year ahead will be blessed with love, happiness and good health. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  20. I left you an award on my blog!! You rock girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!!! Beautiful cards!!! I love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lea!! I love these!! I don't know if I have told you this, but you ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards are absolutly gorgeous, Lea!! Love every deatail on it!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh GEEZ!!!!
    what can I say- gorgeous gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such beautiful cards!! i love the Basic Gray!! Very yummy!! ;) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card are always so bright and fun! Love them!! And you rock Sassafrass like it's nobodys business!! Fabulous!

    My spending freeze is doing good so far! Only CS & Adhesive.. feels good actually using up what I have kwim?? I have too much... *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow and double Wow. i love your 2nd card. the layout the colours and the way you have put it all together so inspiring

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, these are *amazing* Lea.. love all the detail and blng! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. All of the cards are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. All of these are awesome! I love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Lea! Your cards are just beautiful! I can spot yours anywhere because of the colors, so bright and cheerful! BTW I do adore my Hello Kitty cricut cartridge, it's amazing what you can make with that little thing!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous cards, Lea. You really ROCK the Sassafras Lass papers. The one with the SEI papers is beautiful too. I definitely plan to play along with CPS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow Lea, your cards are just soooooo gorgeous - love them. I really like the Sassafrass Lass papers you use, I think I need to look out for those. They are so cute and fun! Your CPS card is gorgeous too.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOWzer Lea your cards are all just totally gorgeous! Great awesome cards using up those scraps. Don't you just love it. You ROCKED all the challenges and sketches! Woohoooo you go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. These cards are awesome Lea!
    Beautiful.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  36. gorgeous cards!!! I really like the new SEI line!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous cards! I can't wait to get my hands on the new Sassafras Lass, its so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  38. All your cards are so Cool! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fabulous cards, Lea!!!
    Love your take on Kazan's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  40. SIMPLY `STUNNING` EACH AND EVERYONE RAE:)~x~

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow, Lea! You so rocked the 2S4Y sketch! I love your 'literal' take :) Your other cards are awesome too. 100 for CPS?! So cool, I will definitely be by to check out the celebration!

    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥