Sunday full of cards!!

January 11, 2009

Happy Sunday! I hope that you have had a wonderful weekend so far. We got some much needed grocery shopping done yesterday! Nice to have some food selection in the house again...hee hee! I also was feeling super crafty...and got some cards done!! It is nice to get that feeling back again. I think the busyness of the holidays sucked it all out of me, but now I am back on track!!

Josh and I are in savings mode right now, so I won't be spending much (if any) money on scrapbooking product for awhile. (Thankfully I have an ENTIRE room stocked full of product to use up, and just got some amazing goodie boxes from Cards Magazine. Those will come in handy while I am on a spending freeze!) I am in a Valentine's/love mood these days, so I am very thankful that I have quite a bit of this My Mind's Eye paper collection left. It is one of my favorite Valentine collections ever, and I think that is why I didn't use much of it. I just wanted to look at it! Hee hee! So, I busted it out last night and made up these two cards. I am trying this new thing where I immediately use as many of the scraps to make another card, and then toss the tiny peices that are left. I notice that I never go through my stack of scraps...so using it up is the better idea!!

First up are the two Valentine's cards that I got done, and used the majority of my scraps up on the second one!! Isn't the ribbon on that first one GORGEOUS! I had a store credit to Michael's, and one of their sections of ribbons was 50% off last week. So, I did stock up on some ribbon with the store credit since it was such a great price!
Next up are some cards with the FABULOUS Ambrosia line by Basic Grey. I just love the colors and patterns of this line, the grey and orange are awesome!! That cool sun looking accent was cut using my Cricut Expression and the Accent Essentials cartridge. That is one of my all-time favorite carts...and it comes with the Expression. Gottta love that!! The second card used up almost every single scrap from this first card, minus the butterflies.

And last, but definitely not least....I got this cute little card finished. I just love this cute stamp set called "The Birds and the Bees" from the Kim Hughes collection by Cornish Heritage Farms. Be sure to check out the entire collection if you have a chance...it is just utterly adorable! I see many more super cards to come with it!
Those are all the projects I have to share today!! I am going to do some more cardmaking today, so be sure to check back soon and see what I have posted!!! I am especially excited about how my CPS card turned out this week...so check back on Tuesday when I post it!!

Now a random music interlude for you....I love all kinds of music. I was only born in 1980, but I had young parents, aunts and a couple of cousins that I spent a lot of time with. So, I have a love for 80's music. I spent every summer away from my mom, and in Montana with my dad. Lots of songs remind me of the happy times during the summer, even though I missed my mom so much. I am reminded of hot days at the lake, boating and swimming. I remember riding with the top down or all the windows down and feeling the warm wind rush through my hair and past my face. I am reminded of tater-tots at Lynn's drive-in almost every single day with my aunt Amy, and my cousins Tammy and Cassie. I am reminded of the fact that me and my cousin Brandy would wear swimming suits all day long because you just never knew when we were going to jump into grandma's pool, or take a trip to the lake. These memories make me smile. This song was a favorite of many of the adults in my life, so I remember it well. It is one of my favorite 80's songs ever, I smile whenever I hear it and think back on those good times. Little trips down memory lane are fun...thanks for taking a small one with me.


Have a very happy Sunday,
~Lea

18 comments

  1. Love your cards Lea! Beautiful! Thanks for the video too! It was a nice walk down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lea! I love you cards! the one with the bee is so cute!!! :) and I love that song to! I am a huge fan of the 80's and 90's music

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards...especially the valentine's day ones...

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cards rock! That song does bring back memories....the video cracks me up a bit (we weren't allowed to watch them growing up) it isn't what my mind imagined...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Lea I am just loving all those cards... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lea! Thanks for visiting my blog today..I just realized I didn't have you on my blog list, so you've been added! lol I love all of your beautiful cards! And I can SO relate...Christmas took a lot out of me too and I didn't feel like scrapping for weeks. I think I'm back again finally!
    hugs~
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Lea! I'm with you on the spending freeze unfortunately mine lasted until about January 5th LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these.are.amazing my friend, wow!!!
    i absolutely ♥♥♥ your "be mine" card, this is so amazing!

    (my layout was hybrid, forgot my supplies list last night in my stupor & have been trying to be better, so I am so thankful you sent me a note, I really want to be better about that this year, thank you my friend, gave me a chance to (ETA)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work Lea! That is so funny about grocery shopping:) My daughter says all the time "my favorite thing ever...is to come home to a stocked refrigerator and all the laundry done" LOL
    Have a great day!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards. ALL of them! Oh and I have to say that my DH has the biggest 80's song selection ever! Gotta love Pet Shop Boys! LOL!
    Hugs, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, what fabulous cards. And such a great idea about using scraps to immediately make another card.I have boxes of scraps I save and never use.

    Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just absolutely beautiful cards...so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word you have been one busy little bee! I love these cards but that bee one is just over the top KEYUUUUUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are gorgeous, Lea! You have been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great cards, Lea! I so love the valentines themed ones and the ones with that orange collection of papers are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, Love, love your work!! Awesome!! I am on a spending freeze too!! Using up my scraps to make some cards is a great idea!! I am going to work on some later this week! Thanks for the inspiration!! I have been meaning to check out the CPS Blog for a while now and it will be a good time for me to have some fun with my cricut and make some cards!! I can't wait to see your CPS card!! Hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards!! I especially love the 'many thanks' card.. stunning!!

    80's music rocks!! lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥