CPS Review, Cuttlebug Challenge #15, and Jan. Provo Craft

January 22, 2009

Happy Thursday everyone! I have quite a few things to share with you today. First up is my card for this week's sketch review at the CPS blog. I chose sketch #92, because it was a week that I had to actually miss out on due to my schedule...so it is my first time using it! We also suprised Tami Mayberry, the creator of the blog and all the sketches, and did all baby boy cards this week in honor of the latest addition she has just added to her family. Don't forget I am doing a giveaway at CPS this week, so check out the blog or my last blog post for the details! (And there is something about this paper line and my room- they are HARD to photograph. The colors don't come out very well...so please excuse this less than mediocre photo.)
Up next, I did two cards for the Cuttlebug Challenge #15, using a Becky Fleck sketch and my Cuttlebug. This first card uses up some fabulous scraps of the "Sunshine Lollipop" by Sassafras Lass that I have been holding on to (I know I use Sass product a lot...it is one of my faves!). The circles are also all embossed using my Cuttlebug, and either the Houndstooth or Swiss Dots embossing folders.
This second card uses some Scenic Route "Loveland" papers that I have never cut into...it was good to make myself use them! I just love the hearts! It also uses the Floral Fantasy embossing folder...I have had this one forever and never used it! So glad I am breaking out items that have been sitting in my stash forever!
Up next are my January projects for Provo Craft. I was assigned to use my Cricut and non-licenses cartidges, on projects that don't pertain to any type of holiday. The first project is this cute Strawberry Gift Set, which uses the "Indie Arts" and "Street Signs" cartridges.


Next up is this Tree Card & Envelope set, which uses the "Wild Cards" cartridge. This was my first time using this cartridge, and it was fun! (This is card set #7, also called .) Lots of great things you can create with this one! Love it!


And last, but not least, is this What A Hoot card, using the "Storybook" cartridge. There are TONS of fabulous cuts on this cartridge, and the greatest part about the letters....they easily cut at small sizes. The letters on this card were cut at 3/4 inch, but I had also cut them out at 1/2 inch to see which size I wanted to use...and those smaller ones cut out perfectly as well. Just be sure to have a sharp blade!
That is everything I have to share today! I know- there was lots! Hope that it inspired you a litte, at least! I will be doing some more cardmaking tonight, as Josh is having a video game night with a friend of his. So, expect another post in the next couple days with more to share!

Until later,
~Lea

31 comments

  1. I love all of these. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great projects Lea! The first photo isn't as bad as you think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL of your work is amazing! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-mazing, I love Sassafras too, I hoard it....

    Great stuff here today (as usual)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Lea, you are one very busy and talented lady!! These are great projects! I love the Floral Fantasy and hearts card with that gorgeous bow! So many wonderful things to mention.....I really enjoyed your blog. Thanks for taking part in the Cuttlebug Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are just beautiful - i am adoring that big pink bow on the 3rd card! so glad you joined us this week on the be inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You ALWAYS have such great projects to share....love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea I'm so excited that you made a card for the Cuttlebug Challenge! I can't imagine my life as a scrapper before the Cricut and Cuttlebug - technology has spoiled me:) Your cards are fabulous and I am loving the preview of Cricut cartridges I will have to have! I do have the Storybook cartridge and adore it, amazing what that little thing will do! My favorite card tonite has to be the strawberry, I'm on a strawberry and butterfly kick right now! Can't wait to see more cards this week.
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow love your projects - so inspiring.
    Thanks for joining in the Cuttlebug Challenge this week.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Lea, you have been a busy bee. Your creations are all beautiful and I love your happy and bright colour choices. Have a great weekend. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many fabulous cards Lea! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Girl! I'm LOVING your cards. Holy Moly your CPS card and that Cuttlebug card are to die for!!!
    Hope all is well. I miss you and the other CPS girls a ton. TTYS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you sure have been BUSY BUSY BUSY!!! I love the last card....it is just a "hoot" to look at! So great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! Lots of yumminess going on here!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Lea
    Your projects are all so very beautiful!! I love the polka dots heart background on your Cuttlebug challenge card....super-cute!!!
    Peace & love
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lea, these projects are all fantastic!!

    I wanted to let you know that I received the blog candy (sketch book and scrapping papers) and I love it all!! Thank you so much!!

    I also have left you an award on my blog......stop by and check it out!!

    http://scrappingmommy.blogspot.com/

    {{{Hugs}}}
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lea, you are such an inspiration! I love your work and these are such beautiful creations (as always!) My favourite has to be your second card for the Cuttlebug Challenge - just gorgeous gorgeousness!!! Love the colours, of course the embossing, and the bow is beautiful. I can't believe I'm saying to you 'thanks for taking part in this weeks challenge' but thank you for sharing such beautiful creations with us!
    Mrs Jx
    P.S. sorry if I've gone a bit overboard with the gushing - I just couldn't help myself, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You are so talented and creative. Everything is amazing! I actually came here to comment on your Cuttlebug Challenge card and was treated to so much more. Thanks for playing along with us on this week's challenge.

    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic interpretation of the sketch, love both of them. Your other creations are beautiful too. Thanks for joining in the Cuttlebug challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. `Gorgeous` Gorgeous creations Lea..I love them all..TFS
    eNJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEKEND:)~x~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow....your cards are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. "inspired a little"? a lot!! there's some serious eye-candy here!! Fabulous artwork. I love all your detail and colour combinations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous work, you always inspire me : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. wauwie beautiful cards!

    tnx for reaction on mine blog!

    greetings Willeke

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! Everyone of these is cuter than the next!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  26. What great cards. Would love to receive any one of them.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  27. O my god, your cards are so gorgeous!!! Great, Lea!
    Simone from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic cards all of them. I LOVE the 'Sweet baby boy' one with the moon & stars.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Woah...let me pick up my jaw off the floor...LOL! I LOVE all of these projects, Lea! You're always creating such wonderful things, and it's always a pleasure to be able to see them!

    Thanks so much for the inspiration and for participating in the Cuttlebug Challenge, too! :)

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥