Some "Sassy" challenge cards...

January 29, 2009

Well, my past few posts of cards haven't used any Sassafras Lass product, and I think subconsciously I was going through withdrawal! I just noticed that all three cards I have to post today use Sass product. Hee hee!

First up is my card for sketch #100 at CPS! Like I said a few posts ago, we are having a HUGE celebration, because not only did we reach 100 sketches, but our 2 year birthday is the week of February 14th! So, we are having a huge party for the next few weeks! This week my sponsor was Cornish Heritage Farms, and we got this gorgeous stamp set called "Vintage Butterflies". It really is a beautiful stamp set, be sure to check it out if you get a chance! The best part about this card is I used up a every Sassafras scrap I had from the "My Dearest", "Pocket Full of Rosies", and "Woodland Whimsy" lines. Gotta love that! Next up is my card for the Cardalicious #11 challenge, to use a journal card/tag, green, and orange. I wasn't too fond of this card until I added the sticles (they look better in real lfe. Glittery, not chunky), but now I love it! This uses the "Happy Place" line by Sass...one of my faves!
And last, but not least, is my card for Sketch This: 76. I am so glad that this sketch blog is back up and running after a bit of a break! It is one of my faves! Be sure to check it out...they post layouts and cards for each sketch! I used the "Hog Heaven" line by Sass for this one.
So, has everyone had a good week since my last post? Like I said, we went to watch Casey play basketball on Tuesday night. They lost by three points, which was a bummer, but Case had a great game! He made 2 of his 4 3-point shots, and 4 of his 7 field shots. I don't know his other stats, but he played hard. They really should have won...but played a really bad 4th quarter, and dealt with some bad reffing the entire game. Oh well...nothing they can do about that now. I got some good shots of Case playing...if I think about it, I will share them when I get a chance!

Nothing else real special going on here! Just normal stuff, like work, dinner, cardmaking, and hanging out with Josh and the pups. Oh- our poor Bailey dog (the yorkie) hurt his leg on Monday night, and I had to take him to the vet on Tuesday. Thankfully he is okay, and was sent home with some anti-inflammatory medicine. He is back to his normal self, but we are trying to keep him from rough housing with Sadie (the cocker). That is what caused it in the first place! She isn't agressive with him, but he is with her...so I daresay that his knee injury is HIS fault. Hee hee!

Until later,
~Lea

24 comments

  1. Wow! Some definite Sassy Goodness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the 3d butterflies on that card! The colorful card is a beauty! Thanks for stopping by my blog! You have some beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all!!

    Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh love the sassafras

    these are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You provide the yummiest eye candy Lea! These are fabulous! I love me some Sass Lass!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cards are full of sassy goodness...fun and funky...love em Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, how gorgeous are they. All of your creations are awesome, Lea!
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh Lea, these are ALL so fabulous. I love your butterflies in the CPS, be still my heart with your "color my world" card, wow, and your cupcakes are always the BEST anywhere! I hope your pup is better soon, we just had an incident with 2 of ours but they're all fine now, not fun. So glad to have an update on Casey, sounds like he had a stellar night regardless. Buh is having a great season too, loving every minute of basketball (it's his favorite sport, then football ;) have a great weekend my friend! hugs & so much love! danni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...gorgeous! Love those butterflies :)

    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning cards Lea. I just love your great vibrant style. So glad the yorkie is okay, it does goes to show, you don't have to be big to be brave! Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU have got a GIFT! My goodness you're so talented Lea! I love your cards. I'm serious now..you should write a book!

    I'd be the first in line to buy!

    Hugs & happy weekend!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! gorgeous! wish i could do some pretty cards like that!
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Gorgeous cards! I love the bright colors you use.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards - so vibrant and I love the butterflies on the top one.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards! Colorful and the butterlies are lovely.
    Great job!!!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Sassy lass creations! Really love your bright colour pallette just so heartwarming and your stamping is fantastic!!!
    Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comments!

    I hope poor Bailey is better soon,
    HuGs Kim :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. BEAUTIFUL cards Lea, I just love your choice of colors...so bright and cheerful. Sassafrass Lass should definitely put you on their payroll! I didn't know you were a doggie fan, I love my doggies better than anything! I've got a little Jake (Jack Russell) and Gracie (Schnoodle) and they rough house all the time and I just know they are going to get hurt! Guess I'm being an overprotective Mama! Glad your Bailey is feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The butterflies are so pretty! Love how you colored them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your cards!! They are so bright and cheery!! The butterflies are beautiful too!! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Diggin' the Sketch This card...but they are all very delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥