Finding new color combos....

February 9, 2010

....that I wouldn't have really thought about with these new PTI stamps, along with their papers, buttons, and ribbons.  And I am loving it!  I have two cards to share with you today....both with new PTI and both based on this week's sketch at CPS again.  Told you I did quite a few cards this week!
Up first is card number one, using the new stamp set called Asian Fusion.  This set has really pretty flowers and vases....but my favorite part is all the amazing sentiments.  A large portion of the sentiments I am using on all of these cards com from this set.
"With Deepest Sympathy" supplies:
Stamps/Paper/Ribbon/Button: Papertrey InkCardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper Frill: Doodlebug Designs
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Twine: Darice Inc.
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: cranberry, mint)
Corner Rounder: EK Success 

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a strip of aqua leaf paper and adhere to the bottom.  Round the top corners of a block of white cardstock and adhere to the front.  Add red paper frill to the aqua paper, and then tie ribbon around the seam.  Attach a button to the bow using twine.  Stamp the vase and flower stems to red leaf paper and cut out.  Stamp the aqua flowers directly to the white cardstock, and place the vase below them.  Stamp the sentiment to the right of the flower vase, and then accent the card with pearls.  

This next one uses two new sets, "Dot Spot", and the sentiment is from "Year of the Flowers: Violets".  
"Thanks for Everything" supplies:
Stamps/Paper/Ribbon/Button: Papertrey InkCardstock: Bazzill Basics
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Ink: Clearsnap (Chalk: toffee & Pigment: cranberry)
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold light brown cardstock in half to make card base.  Round the corners of a block of red leaf paper and adhere to the front.  Stamp the dot spot image to a block of kraft cardstock using toffee chalk ink.  Stamp the sentiment to the top half using cranberry pigment ink.  Add a strip of brown leaf paper to the bottom, and tie ribbon around the seam.  Accent the middle of the bow with a button.  Accent the entire block with jewels, and round the top hand corners.  Adhere to the middle of the card with dimensional adhesive.

Well, that is it for me today!  I have some work I need to get done, so I am going to sign off for now!  I hope that you have a wonderful Tuesday! ♥

Until later,
~Lea

22 comments

  1. Gorgeous Lea! I love these color combinations!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pattern on pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love what you did with those stamps and those papers! The addition of the jewels is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so gorgeous!! Love that pop of color on the first card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More fabulous cards, Lea. I love your color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous cards! Awesome - you are always so sweet to leave such kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! I love your button bows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are gorgeous Leah! You are fantabulous with color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word...I love this one...just love it...it is GORGEOUS!!!

    And you know what? Your photograpy skillz are SHOWING girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely lovely cards as usual Lea! I particulary like the button and bow on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous stamping, Lea. And I agree, the color combinations are heavenly!! These cards are seriously beautiful, my dear!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is delightful. Loving the colours and design. Wishing you a lovable Valentines.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow Lea.....great colours...love that new PTI set...lol ofcourse I love them ALL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lea, these are gorgeous!!!! I love your color combo...and LOVE PTI stamps and of course anything you touch is AMAZING!!!! Hugs, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are gorgeous, Lea. I love the way you used the PTI goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards seriously blow me away every time!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty cards! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful, Lea! love your style:) will you send your email address to me?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! These are gorgeous Lea! I might have to get some of that pp! I started to when it came out but I didn't! You may have convinced me to order some!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooo....absolute gorgeousness!!!
    Psst ~ I've got a giveaway on my blog...a new release ippity set!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love, love, love these color combos!!! Brilliant my dear, just brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥