Rainbow of hearts....

February 23, 2010

....so have you checked out the Moxie Fab blog post today?  If not....you need to check it out right now, because Cath is giving away a huge set of Gina K Stamps.  This includes Tami Mayberry's Happy Hearts set, and Nina Brackett's Lovely Labels set.  I happen to have both of these sets, so I did up a couple of cards using them! 

This first card uses both stamp sets, and Sweet Sunday Sketch 57.  Have I shown you lately how much I love to use rainbow colors?  ♥♥♥
 "Have A Sweet Day" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamps: Gina K Designs (Happy Hearts & Lovely Labels
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: scarlet, orange, canary, lime, surf, violet, black)
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Button/Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Folder: Swiss Dots by Provo Craft 

Instructions: Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Emboss the front using the Cuttlebug machine and Swiss Dots embossing folder.  Stamp the hearts in rainbow colors to a block of white cardstock, and round the bottom corners.  Stamp the label & sentiment to white cardstock and cut out.  Tie ribbon around the heart block, and attach a button to the bow with twine.  Adhere to the stamped label below the bow, and accent with jewels.

This next one is super clean and simple, and a little eclectic.  But, I love how it turned out.  It is based on sketch 79 at the Clean & Simple Stamping blog....loosely based, but still inspired by nonetheless.  
 "Happy Ending" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamps: Gina K Designs (Happy Hearts) & Kitchen Sink (Plaid Plus) 
Ink: Clearsnap 
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Rub-on: Cosmo Cricket
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Folder: Love Languages by Provo Craft

Instructions: Fold red cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Emboss the front of the card using the Cuttlebug and Love Languages embossing folder.  Stamp the hearts to the lower part of a block of white cardstock.  Add the strip of jewels to the upper left spot, and add the rub-on sentiment to the middle.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card. 

And one last little thing....the design team for Gina K is doing a blog hop!  Start here, at Gina's blog and get started....lots of eye candy to be seen!!

Did you have a fabulous weekend?  We watched Casey play basketball, which was fun!  They played in the district championship game, and ended up losing.  So, they took second place....which is the best they have ever done since Casey has been in high school.  So, that is great!  They start divisionals this week...so we shall see how that turns out.  Should be fun!  Josh is in Portland until Thursday night for a work related training...so it is just me, the pups, and the Olympics! :)  Well, with American Idol and Lost intermixed in there.  Tee hee!  

Well, I think I am going to go and get my craft on!  I lost my moxie for a couple of weeks...but I think I got it back finally!  Time to start creating! ♥

Until later,
~Lea

33 comments

  1. Thank you for your nice comments on my fox card! I love both your cards too. Great use of the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I think both of these cards are great, but I LOVE the first one!! The dots, the bow, the bling, the peppy colors...everything!!! So glad to have found you, off to check out more of your awesome creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute and i love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You are my happy ending" - how sweet is that?!?
    Love your rainbow cards!! :D

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun cards! I LOVE all the bright polkadots/hearts on the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous Lea! I love the bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm in polka dot heaven. Wow, these cards are fabulous. You are amazing that you can make cards with different styles and excel in them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a fabulous card.I love all the gorgeous details. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lea! Thx for visiting my blog! I love your version of the challenge - those colours are just wonderful for this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Lea! LOVE your cards....I have been spending some time cruising around you blog. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these!! I am all about rainbow colors and butterflies these days! I need some spring to come on my way!! Enjoy your alone time! Can't wait to see what you create! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards remind me of scrummy sweets. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Lea...these are the most outstanding cards...love the bright, cheerful colors and uber awesome designs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, love, love, love!! These are so happy and fun!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the bright colors and rainbows! Who knew you could put so many polka dots on one card but it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So bright and cheery and polka dotty! Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lea, these are soooo gorgeous and I am dying to get my hands on that Lovely Labels set from Gina K...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love these rainbow colour cards - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so happy and colorful, I love cards like that!! :) So pretty! Im having a lil giveaway at my blog, come by and check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love love love the heart card at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love both these cards! The second one is so cool! Totally makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  22. sooo beautiful, love the rainbow colours and your take on the sweet sunday sketch is awesome - have I told you how much I love love your cards?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh girl, you've got your "craft" on for sure! You really make me want to buy that heart stamp set! LOL! Your cards are adorable, happy, colorful and fantastic!!! What did you think of AI last night? I'll be honest and say I was a little disappointed in the girls (although there were a couple that I really like). Maybe the guys tonight will impress me more. ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  24. sigh, rainbows & hearts.....loooooove my sweet friend ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. So bright and happy and wonderful!!! LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Isn't Tammi's Happy Heart set the best!? LOVE what you did with it, you really made it shine!

    ReplyDelete
  27. wowwowwow! your cards are made my day!! very bright and cheerful! what a fun card!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lea, your cards are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. love all of your rainbow-y goodness!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥