Glitter and vintage....

February 1, 2010

....it doesn't get much better than that on love themed projects!!  I have a couple of cards to share with you today that are full of layers, and glitter, and vintage images....the list could go on.  I know it must seem like my cardmaking style has multiple personalities....but I think that is okay!  I just do whatever strikes my fancy at the time....a few days ago it was super clean & simple, and now it is layered and full of product.  I can deal....so hopefully you can too! :)

First up is my card for this week's sketch at CPS.  I changed it up a little by inverting the triangles to match this gorgeous chipboard frame, and then just layered, layered, layered....

"Anything with Love" supplies:
Cardstock: DCVW
Paper: K & Company
Chipboard: Tattered Angels
Flower: Maya Road
Fabric: Crafty Secrets
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs & Prima
Pearls: Darice Inc.
Glitter: DecoArt
Pinking Shears: Fiskars
Twill/Sandpaper: craft supply

Instructions: will be posted later....

This card uses Sweet Sunday Sketch 54.  I have decided that this card doesn't only work for love or valentine's day, but also as a baby card.  I love it when you can do that!
"Sweet Angel" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: K & Company
Chipboard: Tattered Angels & American Crafts
Fabric: Crafty Secrets
Stickers: Making Memories
Ribbon: May Arts
Pearls: Darice & Kaiser Craft
Flowers/Jewels: Zza Creative
Glitter: DecoArt
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
Doily/vintage lace/sandpaper: craft supply

Instructions: will be posted later...

Did you have a great weekend?  Ours was pretty quiet and lazy, which was nice!  My parents were here yesterday with Casey for some meetings at the university.  I'll talk about that more a little later.  They got here late late Saturday night (actually Sunday morning), and then left after we had dinner together with some friends.  It was a fun dinner, and am glad I got to see the fam for a short amount of time.

Well, short post for today.  I need to get going! Have a great day!  ♥

Until later,
~Lea

18 comments

  1. These are gorgeous, Lea. I love vintage and you did a wonderful job with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome, amazing, beautiful!

    I had a pretty good weekend, busy as usual, but i had time to create a bunch, which is always good!

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards made me want to put on my high heels and eat marsh mallows. Gorgeous! I love that you have lots of styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh Lea,
    when i saw your card on CPS, i couldn't wait until you posted it here... i'm kind of the same way w/ my card style, but whatever works, works!

    this layered goodness is just so lovely and soft and absolutely beautiful!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these cards are stunning! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is gorgeous!!! Love all the sparkle and sweet touches. Pure sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so beautiful!! It just amazes me that you can switch styles so effortlessly! Such talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! You are GOOD with glitter and vintage!!!! These are sooooooooo pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, both of these are stunnig. I love the mix of everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are stunning. Vintage and bling is such a beautiful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, wow all the details, and those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my heavens!!! These are chocked full of gorgeous, marvelous, and STUNNING elements!!! Lea, I love all the details, the layering, the vintage-ness (is that a word..LOL!). I'm like you, sometimes I put a lot of goodies on my cards and other times...not so much! Just depends on my mood, too! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are crazy gorgeous...if i tried to pull this off it would look like a scrapbook store thew up on my card...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO gorgeous! Wow, from clean and simple to elegant vintage...you SO can do it all!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh!!! These are gorgeous, Lea! You know I simply adore this style. I agree with Heidi...you really can do it all, can't you girl? ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for stopping over at my blog! you have quite the lovelies here! i would love to link to this post on my blog as the valentine link of the day... is that ok?

    thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥