I've been around...

February 16, 2010

...just kinda busy!  Sorry I haven't updated in awhile! I didn't mean for it to be this long, but you know....life happens!!  I hope you have had a wonderful week since I last posted!

I have a couple of things to share today!  First up....I was chosen as one of Nina's "Designing Friends"!  Which means....I will be helping her out with projects using the new stamps she illustrates for Gina K Designs!!  She had me answer some questions in order for readers of her blog to get to know me a little better....so check out this post if you want to read it!

The first set I am working with is this month's new release called "Lovely Labels".  They fit many of the Nestabilities  label dies....but I am here to show how to use them without.  Because I don't actually have any nesties.  I think the stamps work perfectly without them as well....they stamp beautifully directly onto paper!  Here is just one example for now...I will have more to share later in the week!
"Wishing You" supplies:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Gina K Designs (Lovely Labels set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Chalk: rose coral, warm red)
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Button: Papertrey Ink
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Fiskars

Instructions:  Fold pink paper in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Punch a border to red paper, and adhere to a strip of bird paper.  Round the bottom corners, and adhere to the bottom of the card.  Round the top corners of a block of white paper.  Stamp the label and sentiment to the middle of the white block using chalk ink.  Adhere to block to the front, and accent with pearls.  Tie ribbon around the seam, and accent the bow with a button & twine. 

And then I never had a chance to post my last CPS card from last week's sketch.  It was my last card featuring some of the new PTI releases, this one featuring Dot Spot and Asian Fusion.
"Feel Better Soon" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Stamps/Ribbon/Buttons: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Clearsnap (pigment: pink, olive green) & CTMH (pigment: vanilla cream)
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Fiskars

Instructions:  Fold green cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a block of brown leaf paper, and adhere to the front of the card.  Stamp the dot circle and sentiment to white cardstock, and round the bottom corners.  Tie ribbon around the middle, and accent the bow with a button using twine.  Adhere the block to the front of the card.  Punch a border to brown cardstock, and adhere to a strip of pink cardstock.  Stamp the smaller dots to the pink cardstock, and add a button to the middle of each one.  Adhere to the front of the card using dimensional adhesive. 

Did you have a good Valentine's day?  It was pretty much a normal day for us, but we made a spectacular dinner together!  Well, Josh made dinner, and I made dessert.  We had ribeye steaks, baked potatoes, and sauteed mushrooms for dinner.  And I made chocolate covered strawberries, and lemon icebox pie for dessert!  They were SO yummy!  We have been enjoying the Olympics, and I have been cleaning the house like a mad woman.  Nooks, crannies, crevices....it is all getting cleaned!  This house will be sparkling in no time! 

Well, I need to get going for now.  It shouldn't be another week before I post again....hopefully just a day or so! Hee hee!  ♥

Until later,
~Lea

14 comments

  1. Welcome back! Love that row of buttons on thee second card. It's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back:) I love these both cards so much. The first one is my favourite:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations my friend!!!! Your cards are absolutely beautiful!!! I am starting to clean out my house too....spring fever is hitting hard around here and I figure we might as well do some spring cleaning!! Good luck with yours!!!
    Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Lea!! Your card is amazing and I love the label stamp. I also like what you've done with the PTI products! It's gorgeous! You're so talented, my friend!! I'm so happy to see your wonderful cards! ;o) Hugs! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Perfectly fantabulous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, girlie! And a big, huge CONGRATS!! Can't wait to see all your fabulous samples! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous cards. I missed seeing your beautiful cards last week, but these make up for the wait. Thank you for making my stamps look so pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous creations as always Lea! Glad to see ya back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been having a "life happens" sort of week too. ;-)

    These are wonderful! Love the stamps!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Lea,
    Love your work and in my blog I left you an award, hope you like it. this is the link: http://frcreaciones.blogspot.com/2010/02/happy-101-award.html
    Hugs,
    Farida

    ReplyDelete
  11. More beautiful cards! Congrats on the great news!! How exciting! Can you come clean my house now? I need some help and some serious motivation!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥