Felt butterflies & glitter....

February 26, 2010

Totally random post name....I know.  I was having a hard time thinking of something, and that popped into my mind when looking at the two cards I have to share today.  Tee hee!  They all can't be brilliant.

The first one is my card for CPS Sketch 155...such an awesome sketch this week!  It is also for Gina K Designs blog hop this month....which also had a color challenge attached to it.  You had to pick two of the colors she listed, and I chose equivalents to innocent pink and ocean mist.  And last but not least, I am also entering it into the Moxie Fab "Olypmics of Stamping".  This card could be used for a few different themes....baby, wedding, birthday....but I am entering it in the Thinking Of You category this time around!
 "God Bless You..." supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Gina K Designs (Lovely Labels set)
Ink: Clearsnap (pigment: dusty plum, aqua)
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Twine: Darice Inc.
Button: Doodlebug Designs
Felt: Provo Craft
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs & Zva Creative
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Folder: Houndstooth by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the right hand corners.  Emboss the front of the card using the Cuttlebug and Houndstooth embossing folder.  Tie ribbon around the left side of the card, and attach a button to the bow using twine.  Round the right hand corners of an aqua circle paper block, and adhere to the front.  Stamp the houndstooth label to white cardstock using pink ink, and cut out.  Adhere to the middle of the card.  Cut a strip of plaid patterned paper and adhere to the right of the ribbon.  Stamp the sentiment to the right of the pink label.  Attach the felt butterfly to the front, and embellish with aqua jewels, and clear jewel flourishes.  Accent the top of the sentiment with three jewels.  

Do the cuts on this card look familiar?  Yep- two of them are the same from one of the cards I did for yesterday's PTI blog hop.  I cut things too big or too small all the time when using my Cricut Expression.  I try not to waste cuts, so when I cut the cloud cut FAR to big yesterday...I decided to make another card with it.  And I love how different the cards turned out....even using two of the same cuts!
  "Heaven Sent" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Glitter: craft supply
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridges: Paper Dolls Dress Up & Stamping Solutions by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base.  Round the corners of a cloud paper block, and adhere to the middle.  Cut the cloud at 5" from white cardstock using the Cricut Expression and Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge.  Cut the same shape at 4.5" from yellow cardstock.  Cut out the stars, glitter them, and adhere to the white cloud cut.  Attach to the front of the card.  Cut the moon at 3" from blue & yellow cardstock.  Cut the stars from the yellow cut, glitter them, and adhere to the blue cut.  Attach to the front of the card.  Cut the sentiment & shadow layer at 1.5" from yellow and blue cardstock using the Stamping Solutions cartridge.  Adhere the shadow cuts to the front of the card, and then adhere the yellow cut over top with dimensional adhesive.  Accent the card with blue and yellow pearls. 

I picked up Josh from the airport last night after his trip to Portland.  It is nice to have him home!  Tonight we are heading over to Butte to watch Casey play basketball.  They played last night and won by 11 points!  So, that is awesome!  I wasn't able to make it to that game, so hopefully they I will get to see a good winning game tonight as well!!  It is crazy to think that Casey's time in high school is quickly coming to a close.  Time flies so quickly...it is so hard to believe he is 19, and about to head off to college.  If I feel this way, I can't imagine how my parents feel.  And while I am sentimental and gooey about all of it....it makes me feel OLD too.  Yikes....that whole age 30 thing keeps sticking out its tongue at me and making funny faces. Sheesh! :) 

Any thoughts on who was cast off on American Idol last night?  I was kind-of bummed that Janell didn't make it another week.  I thought she had a good voice, just not the best song choice.  But, that is how it goes!  I really hope next week's performances are so much better!  

Well, I am going to get going for now!  I hope you have a super wonderful Friday!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea

28 comments

  1. Seriously?!! That is most gorgeous felt and jewel butterfly ever! Oh Yes! This must be submitted into the Olympics of Stamping. You've REALLY got me wanting that label stamp set...and the hearts one you just used!

    Your clouds card is so precious and I love it that you were able to use the bigger opps cut. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to tweak the sizes when using my Cricut. I'm too lazy to find scrap paper and always use my good stuff, then get mad! LOL! Have a great weekend. Sounds like fun and I'm glad your hubby is home! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girlie, do you ever make anything that *ISN'T* totally amazing??? :) Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to echo what Heather said... I saw your CPS card over at their blog and my jaw hit the floor. Fab! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... love both of these cards! Seeing your cards makes me want to not bother with sending any in for the contest! :) I get so excited when you have a new post... always great stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Lea! Lovely design and love the felt butterflies and bling on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards!! I'm with Kelly, there is no point in any of us entering contests now, your stuff is just too good!! If you think 30 is bad, wait until you hit 40 lol ;o) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are sure winners, Lea. I love the felt butterfly and blings for a trail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea, these are sooo beautiful..you are killing me with that Lovely Labels set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are both stunning! Lovin' your felt butterfly and the clouds on the second card are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word Lea, so gorgeous! Felt butterfly and bling...YUM! Love the second one too, you'd never guess it was created with leftovers!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - beautiful cards!! I have to say...I love how clean and crisp your blog is! The pictures of your cards just POP off the screen!!! May have to adjust mine now that I see yours!!!
    Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That god bless card is absolutely stunning!!!!!! Gorgeous work as always Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lea,
    Thanks for your wonderful words on my blog. Your creations always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so love that Gina K frame set and I love what you did with it. The pink and turquoise is a wonderful combination. The other card is just plain precious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous cards...you always create such beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just had a good look at all your work.It is so inspiring.I love that you tell us how its made as i have often wondeered what machine does what .
    your cards are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card - love the first one best - tons of texture and bling and great combination of colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If I were handing out medals for the Olymipcs of Stamping you would get a GOLD!!!! Love these BOTH Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree, GOLD for Lea! Gramma Penny

    ReplyDelete
  20. Swooning over your cards here, Lea! SO stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your blog!! I get so inspired by visiting! I have a blog award for you. Check out my blog to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is a very lovely card!
    really like your details

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just gorgeous!!! I love your work and I've given you a blog award. You can head over to my blog to receive it. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. love, love these two cards, that baby card, swoooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Lea! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥