Tsk...Tsk...Tsk....

February 19, 2010

Well, I got so busy last week that I didn't have time to make a card for CPS sketch 154 as a designer.  So, I took the week off as a CPS designer.  BUT....I am playing along as a participant instead! Tee hee! I had some extra time before heading out today for Casey's basketball game...so I whipped this up really quickly.  It also fits The Pink Elephant 54 challenge to use ribbon....I think all of my cards fit this challenge.  Tee hee!  It also features one of the new Renaissance By Design stamp releases from February...all about shoes!!  What girl doesn't love that?!  Be sure to check them out...they are linked in my supply list!  Here is my card:
 "A Girl Can Deal..." supplies:
Cardstock: Prism
Paper: Glitz Designs
Stamps: Renaissance By Designs (Sole to Soul set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: black, pink & Chalk: charcoal)
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Jewels: Zva Creative
Border Punch: Fiskars

Instructions: Fold black cardstock in half to make cardbase.  Punch a border to the left side of a paper block, ink the edges, and adhere to the front.  Ink the edges of a pink paper block and adhere to the front.  Stamp the shoe image and sentiment to a white cardstock block, and adhere to the lower right corner.  Tie bows to the left side of the card, and accent the middles with black jewels.  Add the black jeweled flourish to finish the card. 

Now I just have a couple of cards to share that I have had done, but never posted.  I did this one for Bridal Shower Invite section of the last Cards Magazine call.  This one didn't get picked up, but a different one was.  Maybe this one was a little too racy....tee hee!  It uses the Tie The Knot cartridge....which I LOVE!!  This card could be used for a few different things....bridal shower, bachelorette party, lingerie party....it could even be changed to a Valentine's or love card for your hubby....meeeoowww!! :)
"You're Invited" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Glitz Designs
Ribbon: Renaissance By Designs
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Button: Doodlebug Designs
Jewels: Westrim Crafts
Rub-on: American Crafts
Glitter: Making Memories
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Tie The Knot by Provo Craft

Instructions: Fold red cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a dotted paper block and adhere to the front.  Tie ribbon around the middle, and add a button to the bow using twine.  Cut the corset and its layers from black cardstock & patterned paper at 5 1/4" using the Cricut Expression and Tie The Knot cartridge.  Glitter the black layer, and then adhere the top layer.  Accent with three red jewels, and adhere to the front of the card using dimensional adhesive.  Add the rub-on sentiment to the lower right corner.

And now that I am posting this one...I realize that all my cards planned for today use Glitz papers!!  That wasn't planned....its just such fabulous paper that I use it a lot!!  Tee hee! 
"A True Friend..." supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Glitz Designs
Paper Frill: Doodlebug Designs
Stamps: Renaissance By Design (Blossom & Wilt Set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: black, moss green, olive)
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Flowers: Prima
Brad: Creative Imaginations
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold cream cardstock in half to make card base, and round the right corners.  Round the right corners of a patterned paper block and adhere to the front.  Round the right corners of a flourished paper block and adhere to the front.  Stamp the sentiment, stem and leaves to a block of cream cardstock.  Layer the flowers together and adhere to the top of the stem with a brad.  Accent the stem with green pearls.  Add a pink scalloped edge to the right side, and adhere the entire block to the front.  Accent the seam with a pink pearl strip. 

So, have you been loving the Olympics?!!  We have!  Loving the metal count so far....the US is kicking butt! Whoo hooo!  It has been fun watching it every night together.  I am also finally getting excited about American Idol.  I am ready to actually hear these people sing, not just snippets.  Now I can finally start picking my favorites.  

Well, I need to get ready to head out for Casey's basketball game!  Hope you are having a wonderful Friday!! ♥

Until later,
~Lea

15 comments

  1. love all of these cards! i'm going to a bachelorette party tonight, and that card would have been PERFECT :D (so glitzy and sassy!) thanks for sharing Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve these cards! My favorite is the first with the shoe but all so pretty. Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards! So girly! Thank you for playing along with us at TPE this week!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, you rocked these papers! They are so girly and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutly `Gorgeous` Lea love them all as always such fab eye candy TFI
    Lovin your latest photo`s too
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally gorgeous my friend!!! I love them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh... these are all gorgeous! I love the middle card.. and the comment about giving it to your husband... my husband would freak if i gave him that card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Lea! I love the addition of the little pink bows on the 1st card. Thanks for playing along this week at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are all so fun and so is your commentary! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards, Lea!! Really LOVE the shoe stamp!! And your lingerie card is so much fun. Your "meeeeooow" comment CRACKED me up!!! Love it!! I'll be watching American Idol, too. Tough competition this year! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute. They are all adorable. Really liked that brida; shower card. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!! That Tie The Knot card is gorgeous!! Love the glitter and boy would I LOVE to be able to fit into that corset! LOL!
    Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol @ "Meowww!" Your cards are great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥