Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 21

March 14, 2010

Happy Sunday everyone!!  Sunday means I am bringing you another color challenge, courtesy of Stacey's Stamping Stage blog!  Here is the color combo for this week:
And here is my card using the colors!  This set of colors really made me leave my comfort zone, and I really like what I happened to come up with!  I also did this card with the current Caardvarks Photo Inspiration challenge and Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger in mind.  The photos are super fabulous...be sure to check them out! 
"The Lord Bless You..." supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Scenic Route
Stamps: Gina K Designs (Lovely Labels set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: citrine, hunter green & Chalk: yellow cadmium)
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: Darice Inc.
Button: Papertrey Ink
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Folder: Distress Stripes by Provo Craft
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Home Accents by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold green cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Emboss a block of white cardstock using the Cuttlebug and Distress Stripes embossing folder, and round the bottom corners.  Ink the edges of a strip of yellow script paper and adhere to the middle.  Tie ribbon around the middle and adhere a button to the bow using twine.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card.  Stamp the label and sentiment to white cardstock and cut out.  Accent with pearls, and adhere to the front of the card using dimensional adhesive.  Cut the butterflies and their layers at 3 1/4" from white & yellow cardstock using the Cricut Expression and Home Accents cartridge. (Be sure to press the "flip" option when cutting the butterfly with the trailing flourish.)  Cover the white layers in glitter, and adhere the yellow layers to them just slightly off center.  Adhere the butterflies to the label, and accent with pearls.  

Be sure to check out the other girls creations as well!  It will be fabulous!  And I really hope you join us for this week's color challenge! I would love to see what you come up with!  ♥ 

Until later,
~Lea

39 comments

  1. *gasp* Lea, this is truly beautiful, great job with the colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, can I say fabulous?! I love these colours, but I love the way you used them even more than that. Great work (as always):D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...this is beautiful..the colors are wonderful..
    I have some awards on my blog for you...please stop by when you get a chance
    hugs
    marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute! Just love that polka dotted ribbon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and colors, Lea!! I love that big polka dotted bow and glimmered swirl :) Also, big congrats on being featured on Moxiefabworld with your uber cute rainbow hearts card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty! I'm lovin' that polka dot ribbon and that label stamp that fits perfectly in that die cut??? Super fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lea this card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is so Lea! I love, love, love the woodgrain embossed bg and those darling pearl embellished butterflies:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah this is gorgeous! So fun to see you use these muted colors, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lea, this is so lovely! It's such a sweet, serene card with a wonderful, comforting sentiment. I LOVE the embossing! Fabulous work, sweetie!
    ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card!! I love the colors, the embossing, and that yummy ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card! I love all the detailing on it! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG - what a wonderful card - amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Lea! I love the main image - such a beautiful stamp choice! And the button/ribbon treatment is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is so sweet Lea. The colors are so soft and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a fantastic card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is GORGEOUS! Love all the detail and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! The details on this card are amazing! The pearls, embossing, DP and ribbon! Really great how you pulled it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card and that color combo is delish.. hehe

    Hope all is well with you, hubby and the pups.. hehe

    Hugs
    Elisa

    P.s.
    Congrats on GCD... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous card- loooooove the dotty bow! lots to inspire in theis thie too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so lovely! what a wonderful label stamp and I love how you did your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous!! LOVE those soft muted colors!! You have worked magic with them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my WOW Lea, this is sooooo gorgeous! Super love how you have layered those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Lea! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning! I love your work :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Lea, thanks for visiting my blog. Your comment is too kind, thanks very much. I notice with your work you seem to have a very keen eye for detail. So often I look at some cards, including my own and say "if it just had something...but what". Your cards leave me without that feeling. I absolutely love the way you used this cuttlebug folder in the background of this card! I'd have never thought to use it on such a feminine card and yet it works wonderfully! You Rock Lea! I'll be back to visit again real soon! Wonderful Job!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooh, I love these colors and you did a great job interpreting them. Those butterflies make it all perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW...Lea, this is just incredibly gorgeous!!!! I sooo love the stamp you used and your take on the photo inspiration is just amazing!!!! Love, love, love what I see!!! Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!

    ReplyDelete
  29. congrats on winning the caardvark challenge! your card is so pretty!
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats Lea, lovely work, awesome n out of the box dear.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Tee Hee! CONGRATS on winning at Caardvarks - you rock girl! Two thumbs up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for the inspiration, Lea.
    I played along!
    http://withalime.blogspot.com/2010/03/hello-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! What an absolutely stunning card! Great take on the challenge. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥