Shamrocks & rainbows & glitter....oh my!

March 3, 2010

Happy Wednesday, my friends!!  Hope your week has been a good one so far!!  I have a few cards to share with you today, and I've gone all Irish on you!  Tee hee!  Actually...I don't have an ounce of Irish in me, but I love to make St. Patty's day cards.  There is something about rainbow colors, shamrocks, bright green, glitter....they just make me happy!  I am sure I will be getting some more done this month!

My first card uses Kazan's Sketch 47 from 2 Sketches 4 U.  Such a fabulous sketch this week...as always.
"Happy St Patrick's Day" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Basic Grey
Jewels/Glitter: Doodlebug Designs
Ribbon: JoAnn's Fabric
Stickers: Making Memories
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Designer's Calendar by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a block of green doily paper and adhere to the front.  Round the bottom corners of a white cardstock block, and tie yellow ribbon around the middle of it.  Adhere the block to the front of the card.  Cut the shamrock circle from green cardstock at 2.5" using the Cricut Expression and Designer's Calendar cartridge.  Cover in glitter, adhere over top of the ribbon, and accent the middle with 3 green jewels.  Add a rainbow of jewels to the top part of the circle.  Cut the sentiment from black cardstock at 2" and adhere to the lower right corner.  Finish the sentiment using tiny black alphas.  Punch a border to yellow dotted paper, and adhere to the top with dimensional adhesive. 

This card full of the cutest cuts, is based on Sketch 58 at The Sweetest Thing.  Such a fun one this week...love it!! 
"Happy St Patricks Day" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Basic Grey & Cornish Heritage Farms
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Button/Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Rub-ons: Creative Imaginations
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Tie The Knot, Paper Dolls Dress Up & Hello Kitty Greetings by Provo Craft

Instructions: Fold green cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Cover the bottom in white cardstock and round the corners.  Round the top corners of a block of white cardstock, and adhere to the top.  Tie a strip of green ribbon around the seam, and attach a button to the bow using twine.  Round the top corners of 3 patterned paper blocks, and adhere to the front.  Add the sentiment to the lower right corner using rub-on letters, and accent with a rainbow strip of jewels.  Cut the lips from red & pink cardstock at 1.5" using the Cricut Expression and Tie The Knot cartridge.  Layer together and adhere to the first block.  Cut the shamrock from green cardstock at 1.75" using the Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge.  Layer on the second paper block and accent with a green jewel.  Cut the rainbow from white, red, yellow, green & purple cardstocks at 1.5" using the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge.  Layer on the third paper block. 

And this last one is based on the latest sketch at 365 cards!  I love the fun lines in the upper left corner on this one...and it let me break out some of my favorite stamps!! 
"Kiss Me, I'm Irish" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Gina K Designs (Happy Hearts set) & Kitchen Sink (Plaid Plus
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: green, lime, cranberry) 
Stickers: Making Memories
Rub-ons: Creative Imaginations
Jewel: Westrim Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold red paper in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a white paper block.  Stamp the hearts lines to the upper left corner.  Stamp the larger hearts to white cardstock and cut out.  Adhere them to the front in the shape of a shamrock, and add a stem from green cardstock.  Add the rub-on frame and letters to the lower right corner, and finish the sentiment using red glitter stickers.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card, and accent the middle of the shamrock with a heart shaped jewel.

And these are my major weakness right now...YUM!! 
And lastly...we watched these recently and thought they were pretty good movies!!  They were both funny, and a little heartwarming.  I have adored Alexis Bledel since the show Gilmore Girls...so of course, I love this movie!  And "500 Days of Summer" was just quirky and fun...a little sad in parts, but still funny at the same time!  I would recommend seeing them if you have the time!

Well, I will leave you on that note!  Have a great rest of your evening! ♥ 

Until later, 
~Lea

19 comments

  1. What a great bunch of cards! So full of color and sparkle! Love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog Lea, I really appreciate it, especially from a cardmaking genius like you!!
    Your cards are so colorful and fun, wow, it must take you ages to make a card because you have so much detail on each!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are fabulous, Lea! You can go all Irish on us anytime! :o) I'm always drawn to the color combinations you use. They always make me so happy and the rhinestone rainbow over the shamrock is absolutely the cutest!! Great work! Thank you for playing with us at 2S4Y! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all your cards Lea...soooo fresh & happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lea... do you make a bad card? :) Love all of these!! I have never gotten into making St. Patty's Day cards... have never even made one but looking at yours makes me want to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards love all the sparkle and the bling

    ReplyDelete
  7. bright, happy, fabulous...love 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are so bright and fun...really makes me happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful cards, make me wanna wish I'm Irish ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  10. super duper cute cards, Lea! love the sparkle:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many beautiful cards! Love the way you put color to the world :-)
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful St. Patrick's Day cards :D Welcome to the Curtain Call Crew :D Look forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Wow I love all your cards..Your very talented...Also my favorite are ROBIN EGGS!!! They are so bad for my waist but I love them. :)..

    Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog today!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yippee, great to see you in the Curtain Call Crew Lia - you're the perfect addition! Can't wait to see what you create! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE these Lea! You really know how to rock the rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun cards!! Love all the shamrocks!! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my 2S4Y/Denami card!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cards are totally AMAZING!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Check you out with your bad non-Irish self! I love them all! Just wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Lea what an awesome post! I love how bright and fun your St. Patties Day card is - just like the event itself!
    Hugs
    K

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥