Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 23

March 28, 2010

It's that time again...I have another fabulous color challenge to bring to you, courtesy of Stacey's Stamping Stage!  This set of colors is one of my VERY favorites so far...when I first saw it, I couldn't wait for the week to come!  Without further ado...here are the fabulous colors we are challenging you with this week!
I was not only inspired by the colors, but also by the fabulous photo that you see here.  I am seriously coveting that damask wallpaper...I would LOVE that on my walls at home.  Here is what I came up with for the color challenge:
 "I Miss You" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamps: Renaissance by Design (Darling Damask & Strictly Sentiments sets)
Ink: CTMH (pigment: vanilla creme) & Clearsnap (pigment: black) 
Ribbon: Renaissance By design
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Glitter: DecoArt
Flowers: craft supply
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold pink cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a kraft cardstock block, and stamp the damask pattern to it.  Adhere the block to the front of the card.  Glitter the white paper rose and adhere to the top of the card.  Add two pink paper flowers with leaves to each side of it.  Tie a bow with pink dotted ribbon, and tuck into the top of the flowers.  Stamp the sentiment to the middle of the card, and accent with pearls. 

Sigh...I really love how this card came together.  It makes me happy!  Be sure to check out the other gals cards...it is sure to be a treat!!  ♥♥♥


Until later,
~lea

27 comments

  1. What a beauty, Lea! Love the damask bg you created with those dainty pearl centers....what a delicious card:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! Lea, this is STUNNING!!!!! I so love this color combo....I might have to play along...this card is beyond beautiful!!! Hugs, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning! I love the flowers and the combination of pink, brown and white. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful card, the demask background is yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *SIGH* I adore this card too Lea!! :) Although it's such a nostalgic sentiment....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. Love the background, the flowers, the sentiment .... all

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo, i love these colours, too!!
    i'll definitely have to participate.
    your card is utterly gorgeous, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card! Love your flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, Lea! Great feminine touches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous flowers!! Fabulous use of this week's colours :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card! Such a great interpretation of the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh those flowers are FAB!! The damask stamped on Kraft is so beautiful and perfect for your card design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those flowers are soooo gorgeous, Lea. OMG...*sigh*...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too gorgeous! This is just absoloutely beautiful. That center flower is just...well I don't even know what to say!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lea, WOW! When I first saw those colors, it made me think of something yummy to eat and then I saw your card that looks even more yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, so pretty! Love the flowers! The pearls you've added to the flourishes are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous Lea! I love those colors too. I may have to try out a new challenge... hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous! Your photography is super too!!! I wish I could get my photos that big on my blog...you must have a secret!

    ReplyDelete
  19. o.my.gosh... !!!SUCH A GEM!!!

    i love love love this card :D
    you totally rocked this challenge--the flowers are amazing, and you mimicked the wallpaper perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card makes me happy, too! Aside from the absolutely beauty of the card, the sentiment so heart felt. I LOVE it, Lea!! A true masterpiece!
    ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good golly Ms. Lea, this is uber gorgeous! You mimicked that wallpaper fabulously!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  22. your flowers are beautiful and the colors are perfect for a spring flower!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card is truly beautiful. The saying on it is one I had to write down. I lost my best friend at the young age of 38.....and these words touched me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥