Spring stamping....

March 26, 2010

....is in the air!  Today is pretty gloomy in Missoula, but we have been having beautiful spring like weather lately.  I am certain it will snow again before summer hits...maybe even during summer...but for now, I will enjoy the gorgeous weather as we get it.  I have stamped up some soft and pretty spring cards to share with you today...and will finish the post with something that is a bit more summery!

For my first card I used Sweet Sunday Sketch 61, and the current Jacksonbelle challenge to make a Spring or Easter themed project.  I LOVE this stamp set from Renaissance by Design.  It will be linked below in my supply list....but isn't it fabulous!  The tree just makes me sigh....I wish that there was a real tree with heart shaped leaves.  I would plant a bunch of them in my yard.
  "Spring Tree" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics 
Paper: K & Company
Stamps: Renaissance By Design (Roots and Wings set & Roots and WingsAdd-on set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Chalk: pink pastel & Pigment: citrine, dusty plum, dune, old rose, seaglass) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design (pink satin dot) & Making Memories (cream) 
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Fiskars
Circle Cutter: Creative Memories

Instructions:  Fold cream cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Ruffle cream colored ribbon along the bottom of the card.  Ink the edges of a floral paper block.  Punch two scalloped strips and adhere them to each side of the paper block.  Adhere the entire paper block to the front of the card.  Add pink ribbon across an aqua paper strip.  Cut a flag shaped end, and adhere to the front of the card.  Cut a circle from cream cardstock and ink the edges.  Stamp the tree, birds and sentiment to the circle.  Accent with pearls, and adhere to the front of the card.  Tie a bow around the right side of the ribbon. 

This was the other card that I had in mind for yesterday's PTI blog hop..but just didn't have time to get it done.  So, I got it done today instead! :)  This is based on 365 Card's sketch this week, and Crazy 4 Challenges spring themed challenge.
 "Spring Day" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Bo Bunny & Scenic Route
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Year of the Flowers: Daffodils set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: black, fresh green & Chalk: yellow cadmium) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Buttons: Papertrey Ink
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions: Fold green dotted paper in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a yellow dotted block and adhere to the bottom of the card.  Round the top corners of a white cardstock block and stamp the stems & leaves to it.  Adhere to the front of the card.  Stamp the flowers to yellow patterned papers, and cut out the appropriate pieces.  Glitter the two bottom layers and adhere to the white cardstock.  Add the upper layers using dimensional adhesive, and accent with yellow jewels.  Tie ribbon around the seam, and accent with buttons and a jewel.  Stamp the sentiment to the lower right corner. 

This next one is my card for CPS 159 this week.  Some of the Gina K illustrators are doing the giveaways this week, and Melanie asked me to use one of her sets to promote the giveaway.  This is what I came up with:
"Praise the Lord" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Basic Grey
Stamps: Gina K Designs (Pressed Flowers set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: magenta, citrine, black & Chalk: pink pastel) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Button: Papertrey Ink
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Glitter: Ranger Stickles

Instructions: Fold patterned paper in half to make card base.  Ink the edges of a pink dotted paper block and adhere to the front.  Zig-zag stitch along all the edges except the left side.  Ink the edges of a white cardstock block, and stamp the flower and sentiment to it.  Adhere to the front of the card.  Tie ribbon around the left side, and attach a button to the bow using twine.  Stamp the leaves to white cardstock and cut out.  Adhere to the front, overlapping the ribbon a bit.  Accent the leaves and rose with glitter Stickles.  Attach the jewels in the lower right corner, on top of the stitching.   

And this last one doesn't have any stamping on it at all, just a quick little card using up this fun dotted paper scrap.  It is {loosely} based on Laura's sketch 48 at 2 Sketches 4 U this week.  And while this could be considered springy...I think it is much more summery!  
"Lazy Days" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Rub-on/Felt Stickers: Basic Grey
Paper Frill: Doodlebug Designs
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Button/Impression Plate: Papertrey Ink
Jewels: Westrim Crafts
Pen: American Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions: Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Dry emboss the front using the Cuttlebug and the Picnic Plaid impression plate.  Round the bottom corners of a kraft cardstock block.  Add green scalloped paper frill to a dotted paper strip, and adhere to the top of the kraft block.  Attach felt flower sticker to the left side, and tie ribbon around it.  Attach a button the bow, and accent with jewels.  Add the rub-on sentiment to the lower right corner, and accent underneath it with three jewels.  Adhere the felt bee to the front, and pen a swirl from the bee. 

Those are all the cards I have to share with you....but check out what landed on my doorstep this week!!! 
My GCD product came, and holy canoli....the box was freaking heavy! I had to roll it into my house.  I do want everyone to know that I don't share this to rub it in, or to be all "look at me...look at me..."  I am just seriously excited about it...and I can't wait to get a feel for everything that they sent and get started playing with it!  It is almost an overwhelming amount of product...so I need to figure out how to organize it so I know what I have.  But for now...it is a basket of fabulousness that I am just looking at fondly.  Tee hee!  I think I will break into it this weekend!

Alright...let's have a little chat about movies!  I haven't shared what we have watched lately.  This one might seem a little odd....but if you can handle really fake gore, then watch this movie.  Why?  Because it is freaking hilarious! 
And, if for any reason you have this next movie on your Netflix queue, or think you might pick it up at the Red Box.....
DON'T!!!  Josh and I both thought it was AWFUL.  Not very funny...maybe just a couple parts.  And even those parts just get a maybe from me.  It pretty much sucked.  So- you have been warned.  Not my fault if you watch it and then hate it.  Tee hee!  And if you liked it...well, that is okay!  We just have differing opinions on movies.  :) 

Well, I better get going for now.  Time to get on some makeup and change out of this t-shirt....because we are going out with friends for a bit tonight.  Hope that your Friday night is a great one!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea

21 comments

  1. Wow, you've been busy!! Good thing I can see all the cards or I wouldn't able to remember them all LOL (that's what happens to your brain when you get old - ha!) Just love the DP on the first card! Such a soft feel to it :D The tree is wonderful with the pearls in it too. Great second card - love the bling in the daffodils and all the buttons. Cute little bumble bee too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every one of these cards is unbelievably beautiful! I just love the way that you layer stamps and papers!
    :-) Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers such gorgeous work!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You have been a busy girl! They are all just wonderful. Looks like you got lots O goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lea Love all your cards as always... Great stamping also. hehe Love your GCD loot. so jealous here... I am so hoping a store near me will start caring it.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these cards so much! Beautiful colours and papers. I think you can handle every paper...I still haven't seen any paper you can't work with:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! gorgeous cards!! i love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all these cards, they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your cards are super!! Good grief you certainly landed a jackpot of gcd goodies!! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Cow! These cards are all amazing!!! The first one made my jaw drop to the floor and when I came to the second I was in awe! Love these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, amazing! You continue to amaze me Lea, your projects are always outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl... these are all amazing! I am in awe of you everytime I stop by! :) Love that box of goodies...I would be excited too if it landed on my doorstep! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. EEKS!! Lea, these cards make me SOOOO happy!!!! How can so much goodness be in one post?!? As always, thank you for sharing your talent, sweetie!

    You are going to have TONS of fun with your new GCD Studios goodies! OMGoshness! Can't wait to see what you create! Have a wonderful weekend! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. holy man, girl!! you sure do pack ALOT into one post!! totally wonderful to look at, but it makes commenting a bit difficult. where to begin??!!
    all of these cards are insanely beautiful. so romantic and pretty, pretty, pretty. love the first one especially. :)
    and that's AWESOME about your gcd goodies.
    it looks like a million special birthday presents rolled into one. hooray for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! i am totally amazed whenever i take a peek at your blog. i just found it not too long ago and i love all the cards you make. thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of scrappy goodness on this post! Love your card for the 365 Challenge - the yellow and green work so beautifully together!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i agree with you on the movies... couples retreat WASN'T good, but i heard GREAT things about zombieland. unfortunately, i'm not a gore person.

    i LOVE all your cards, but that june bug card really is perfect :D way to be stamping! (and totally jealous of the MR supplies!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word, that a a serious amount of eye candy!! Simply stunning card Lea!

    Wasn't that a completely mind blowing amount of stuff from GCD?! I don't even know where to begin! Cannot wait to see what you create with yours!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - I always love your creations - I look for your work in CARDS magazine all the time! I love all the cards you made in this post and the Melody Ross stuff is super cool - I've seen some of it at my Archiver's store. My favorite card on this post is the "Spring Tree" card - I will definitely be CASE-ing this! :o) However, it bums me out (as a former English teacher) that there is a grammatical error in the sentiment! :o( It should be {no spring skips ITS turn} no apostrophe because it's not a contraction. Thanks for all your great inspiration and sorry to be the grammar police! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥