Felt goodness....

March 16, 2010

Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!  Hope your week is going along well so far!  We are having a lazy morning/early afternoon so far.  Josh has the day off today, and we got home pretty late last night.  We drove to and from Butte to watch Casey play in an all-star basketball game.  It was a lot of fun!  His team didn't win, but they all had a great game!  It was fun to watch all that talent from different schools play together.

I have a few cards to share with you today.  This one doesn't have any felt, but the other two do!  Thus...my title.  Tee hee!  First up is my card for sketch 158 at CPS this week.  I {heart} this card.  I have wanted to use this cityscape rub-on from Glitz forever...but I kept drawing a blank on what to do with it.  Well, this sketch finally brought an idea out of me....yay!!  I kind-of of wish I would have tried to make the moon glitter with gold...but it was the only sticker I had, and I didn't want to ruin it.  Maybe I will still try it out...I don't know quite yet.
  "Let's Party!" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Glitz Designs & Little Yellow Bicycle
Rub-ons: Glitz Designs & American Crafts
Stickers: Making Memories
Jewels: Westrim Crafts
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Twine: Darice Inc.
Button: Doodlebug Designs
Ink: Clearsnap (Chalk: charcoal)
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions: Fold pink cardstock in half to make card base.  Round the corners and ink the edges of a black damask paper block, and adhere it to the front.  Round the top corners and ink the edges of a pink paper block.  Adhere the rub-on cityscape across it, and tie a ribbon around the bottom of it.  Attach a button to the bow using twine.  Add the sentiment rub-on to the left side of the city scape, and finish the sentiment with gold letter stickers in the lower left corner.  Add the black glittered moon and jewel stars sporadically to the top of the cityscape.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card using dimensional adhesive.

This next card is based on 365's Sunday Sketch this week.  And that fabulous felt rose was inspired by a card that I saw on Andrea Budjack's blog.  You can check the card out here, because it is fabulous! I wanted mine to be a bit bigger and chunkier, so I spiraled shorter pieces of felt together.  I like how it turned out!  Thanks for the inspiration Andrea!
 "Look Who's New" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics & CTMH
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Baby Button Bits set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Chalk: warm red, ice jade) & Ranger Distress Ink (antique linen)
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Metal: Making Memories (rose) 
Felt: Provo Craft (leaves) & craft supply (cream colored) 
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Accent Essential by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold red cardstock in half to make card base.  Ink the edges of a floral paper block and adhere to the front.  Ink the edges of a red dotted paper block, and zig-zag stitch around the edges.  Adhere to a block of green cardstock, and adhere to the middle.  Distress ink a white scalloped paper strip, and adhere to the front of the card.  Stamp the sentiment to a strip of off-white cardstock and adhere to the lower right corner of the dotted paper block.  Cut a triangle to the ends of a strip of red cardstock and striped paper.  Sew the two strips together, and add a fold to the right side of it.  Adhere the entire strip to the front of the card.  Cut 5 thin strips of cream felt and spiral together into a circle.  Cut a 2" circle and a 2.5" scalloped circle using the Cricut Expression and Accent Essentials cartridge.  Layer the two cuts together, add the felt rose to the top, and adhere to the front of the card.  Accent the middle with a metal rose and pearls.  Adhere felt leaves to the upper left corner and accent with pearls.  

This last card uses sketch 60 at the Sweet Sunday Sketch blog, and fits the current challenge at the Jacksonbelle blog to use your newest product.  I just purchased these MME Lush papers at my LSS the other day, and am loving them!!
"We Don't Remember Days...." supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Renaissance By Design (Strictly Sentiments set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut)
Felt: Provo Craft
Jewels: Zva Creative & Doodlebug Designs
Ribbon: Bo Bunny
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Fiskars
Button: craft supply

Instructions: Fold brown cardstock in half to make card base, and round the right corners.  Round the right corners of a pink dotted paper block, and adhere to the middle.  Adhere a brown paper block to the left side of the card.  Punch a border to pink tiny dotted paper and adhere next to the brown block.  Adhere brown dotted ribbon over the seam, and zig-zag stitch along the left side.  Adhere a felt flower to the lower right corner of the card and add a button tied with twine to the top.  Make a banner folded strip from pink dotted paper, and stamp the sentiment to it.  Adhere to the front of the card.  Add the felt butterfly to the upper left corner, and accent the body with clear jewels.  Adhere the pink jeweled flourish to the front of the card, giving it a little dimension in some areas.  Add two jewels to the wings on the sentiment banner. 

Well, that is everything I have to share with you today!  I am so happy that I decided to dust off my sewing machine and use it a little on these cards!  It has been awhile since I have used it, and I don't like to be wasteful with my supplies.  I need to remind myself every so often that I own a sewing machine!  

So, is anyone else hoping for an American Idol Miracle tonight?  I am...hoping that they bring back Alex Lambert as a surprise 13th finalist.  There has been quite an internet storm demanding that he be put back on the show!  I bet that has to feel good to that cutie 19 year old.  I am not going to get my hopes up that AI will do it...but it would definitely be a nice surprise.  Well, I am going to get going for now, and hopefully be a little less "lazy" for the rest of the day!  ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea

26 comments

  1. GORGEOUS!!!!!! ALL THREE!!!!!!!!! Jaw-dropping amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh... i absolutely LOVE all these cards... that felt flower is STUNNING.

    i just caught up on some of your old posts, and BOY have you been BUSY and AWESOME in creating! :D super great cards back there :D and congrats to your brother too--i know what it's like to go to a small college partly for sports but also for the education--it's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, how stunning?!! That first card is so fabulous. The city rub-on and the colours....awesome! And the other two cards are breathtaking too. Gosh, do I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are incredible! Just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lea.... I am speechless half the time I visit... your cards are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea, these are all adorable! Love em!

    Hey..he will be on Ellen tomorrow. If you won't be home you could DVR it. Remember he was her "ripe banana" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza ... what a screen full of eye-candy today ... love that pink bling and the awesome texture of the felt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are super gorgeous but the first one blows me away...LOVE the pink and black and that cityscape is brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cards Lea! That felt flower is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my what awesome cards Lea...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG...all three are beautiful...my goodness your attention to detail is awesome...TFS
    Hugs
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, your cards are BEAUTIFUL. I am speechless, which doesn't happen often. Thanks for sharing the directions too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lea, these are AMAZING! I literally think my heart skipped a beat when I saw your felt rose. Good golly, it's marvelous!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all amazing! WOW! Thanks for playing along with the Jacksonbelle challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gasp!!! they are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. seriously love ALL your cards...especially the 365 Cards one:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. you + felt = swoooooon!

    (want my old phone book to craft with?.....giggle, you're amazing my friend, so so amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lea, these are so gorgeous!! I am totally in love with that felt rose...I think I might need to try that!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are fantastic. I love the felt embellies and the color combos. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!!! I love all of these cards - they are so unique and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm picking up my jaw from the floor as I write - these are all sooooo fab! What an amazing felt rose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW WOW WOW!!! all are awesome! i LOVE the felt rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Lea, All 3 of these are awesome:) I love the felt!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥