Doilies and lace....

March 13, 2010

Well, I thought I wasn't going to post again until Sunday....but I changed my mind!  I just finished up this card, and decided it needed to be posted right away!

I did this card using Laura's Sketch 47 at 2 Sketches 4 U, and it is based on the Doilies & Lace challenge at the Moxie Fab blog as well. 
"Blessings" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Basic Grey
Stamps: Gina K Designs (Lovely Labels set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: dusty plum, turquoise) 
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Doily/Pins/Button: craft supply 

Instructions:  Fold pink cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Adhere a strip of pink dotted paper to a doily paper block, and round the bottom corners.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card.  Fold a doily in half, and adhere to the top.  Add ribbon to the middle of the card, and tie a button around the bow using twine.  Stamp the label and sentiment to white cardstock, and cut out.  Accent with pearls, and adhere to the front using foam dots.  Add the pins to the bottom of the ribbon, and accent the top with a pink pearl strip.

I have found a new show that I like.  And of course, it is on NBC.  Which means I will most likely regret getting into the show, because the network is notorious for quickly cancelling a show if it doesn't gain the market share they want right away.  Let's hope that isn't the case this time around.  This is the cast of the show: 
The show is called "Parenthood" and I am digging it.  It can be sad and a bummer at times, but they do a really good job of making you laugh pretty quickly after those parts.  And isn't life kind-of like that anyways?  We go through a series of heartaches, whether they be little or small, with a bunch of laughter and good times in between?  I hope the network gives this show a chance, because it is really enjoyable.  

So, they FINALLY updated their website...and now I want to share something pretty darn special with you.  My talented little brother has made the decision to play football and sign as a Carroll College Fighting Saint!!
  We are SO SO proud of him!!  I know it was a really hard decision to walk away from the Griz, as he was offered a preferred walk-on spot with them...but we all believe that he absolutely made the correct decision!  He was offered a very nice scholarship from the school, and we believe that he will get the chance to be a star at Carroll.  I haven't met any of them yet, but my parents have nothing but awesome things to say about the coaching staff.  Carroll College is a private college located in Helena, MT with a Catholic affiliation.  He is going to get such an amazing education there, and I love that it is smaller in size! From an education standpoint, I think that detail will really help him flourish.  Anyways...here is a link to the article on the website that has info on Casey listed in it. 

Want to know a random but cool thing about this?  One of the other kids listed in that article, Tyler Jacobsen, was friends with Casey when they were young.  He lived across the street from some really good friends of ours, and they played all the time until Casey moved away.  He wrote on Casey's facebook page the other day that he never thought he would see Casey again, and now they are going to be teammates.  It is such a small world, isn't it!  

When I think of Carroll College, I think of this amazing photo that graced the cover of Sports Illustrated.  For one it is just an awesome photo that is full of pure emotion.  But, it is also so cool that SI chose to run a photo of such a small college on the cover.  Carroll has an amazing football legacy, and this just proves it. 
 So, needless to say...we are all filled to the brim with pride for Casey and this opportunity!!  He should get 4 more full years of playing football, and we are so excited to watch him play again!!  They haven't decided what position he will be playing yet or if they are going to red shirt him, so I will keep you updated on that!  My parents bought me my first Fighting Saints shirt the other day, and I have been wearing it proudly!  I will have to get a photo of all of us in our Carroll gear soon...hopefully at Easter.  I will share it when I get it! 

Well, I am going to get going for now.  Hope your Saturday is a great one!  ♥

Until later,
~Lea

23 comments

  1. Lea, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the lace BG paper, doily, pearls, and pins...oh my! :)

    Ya know what? My husband and I say the same thing about our shows on NBC. I hate it when they go and cancel a great show after just a few shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Lea, your work is just spectacular! :D
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!! Love the design and the background! Great colorcombo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card!! the details are great!
    Agus

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo pretty! A great take on the doily and lace challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! and what a pretty stamp.. I don't have any of Gina's stamps.. I'll have to go check out her site. I seen the previews of Parenthood and it looked pretty good. Great! Now I'll have to check it out... I don't watch much TV because I get easily hooked... but I love that actor that is also in the Bazaar show - 6 Feet under... and he was also in Dirty Sexy Money which is no longer on... hhmmmm maybe this one will stay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom loves your "Blessings" card...imagine that. All your cards are gorgeous (that is a cupcake blog term, gorgeous...right?) Pretty cool blogging about your little brother too. Keep up the great work!
    Love You,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous card Lea! I love that soft colors and that fab aqua ribbon!

    Big congrats to your little bro!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your doilies & lace card, it's stunning! Thanks for visiting my blog, too! Ruth (o:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!! So many perfect little touches!!
    Big Congrats to your brother...that is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Really love the ribbon.
    Thankyou for nice comments in my blog.
    Have a great sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is AMAZING!!! Love your use of the Gina K frames!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Lea! Such exciting news about Casey! I know he is SO excited and you're all so very proud of him! It sounds like the perfect college and the perfect experience for him. And how much fun is it going to be for ALL of you! Yay! I can't wait to hear more about it!

    I haven't watched Parenthood but I've been seeing the commercials and it looks really good. I'll have to remember to watch it. Do you ever watch Modern Family? OMGosh!! It's hilarious!! It's one of those shows that make you laugh at inappropriate things...LOL! If you watch it, let me know what you think. My husband and I love it!

    Your card is absolutely beautiful! I can't get over that drop dead gorgeous blue ribbon and label stamp!! Of course you had me at hello with that doilie!!! I love EVERY single thing about this card!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. lea, your card is precious! congrats to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another stunning card! I get so excited when i get to your blog in my blog list... I know I am going to see some gorgeous eye candy! :) Huge Congrats to your brother! That is awesome! I am a sports girl myself... hate watching it but love playing them! I played college bball for a little while.. actually I practiced college bball for a little while. I quit before the actual season started... long story. Started with a back injury in high school... asked to play for a local college but they had no money to give me... got back in shape and i hated it. Too many people trying to tell me what to do and I didn't take that well then... still don't! Ha! Anyway.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the card :) so pretty Ms. Lea - oh and I enjoy that show too - was the episode with the Barista not too funny :)

    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, another winner, for sure. I just love your work, Lea. Beautiful color combo and the doilies - WOW! Did I just say wow twice? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Lea! Love all of the details and those teeny pink pearls...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card! Just beautiful. Congrats to your brother, that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty and dainty card! Love the pops of aqua!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Lea! Thanks so much for entering the Diggin' on Doilies and Lace challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lea! I'm loving your cards, as always :) And, I have to say, it's such a small world! My husband works with a guy who has had three of his sons graduate from Carroll...two played football there (Barnett boys). Anyway, I am so happy for your little bro and wish him all of the best :)

    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥