Pinch me....♥

March 17, 2010

...Because I'm not wearing green!  Tee hee!  I don't actually own much green....just a sweater.  Which I don't really feel like wearing.  It's just not really my color, I guess.

But, I do have some fabulous green cards to share with you today!  I decided I needed to get a couple St. Patty's Day cards done to share with you today!  The first one uses Kazan's Sketch 48 from 2 Sketches 4 U this week.  And I used the sewing machine again...two days in a row!
"Blessings" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Vintage Image: Crafty Secrets
Rub-on: Creative Imaginations
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Button: craft supply
Twine/Foam Sticker: Darice Inc. 
Jewels: Westrim Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Pinking Shears: Fiskars

Instructions: Fold green cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a green dot paper block, and adhere to the front.  Tie ribbon around the middle, and accent the bow with a foam shamrock and green jewel.  Zig zig stitch the vintage image to the front.  Add the rub-on to a strip of cream cardstock, and cut a banner end to it.  Stitch to the front of the card, and accent with a button & twine.

And this one uses the bonus sketch at 2 Sketches 4 U this week by Sarah Martina.  Funny....I think I flipped both of the sketches this week to work with how I wanted them.  I was going through my entire stash the other week...pulling out things that I have not used in a VERY long time...and I found this rub-on.  It is from a company that I don't think is in business any longer, and I would imagine I have had it in my stash for at least 3 years.  If not longer.  Figured it was time to try it out...tee hee! 
"Lucky" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Bo Bunny & My Mind's Eye
Rub-on: Lil Davis
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs & Westrim Crafts
Ribbon: JoAnn's Fabric
Foam Sticker: Darice Inc. 
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions: Fold green dotted paper in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a white cardstock block, and adhere to the right side of the card.  Add a white scallop to a strip of green paper and adhere to the top.  Tie ribbon around the left side of the card.  Glitter a foam shamrock, and adhere to the bow.  Top the shamrock with a green jewel.  Apply the rub-on to the white cardstock block, and accent the bottom with rainbow colored jewels. 

Alex Lambert was on the Ellen show today!  He is such a cutie...very funny and charming.  Very shy too...you can just tell.  He sang a song we didn't hear on idol, and it was awesome! I just know a label is going to pick him up, and I can't wait to hear an album by him.  What a good kid!  Here is his portion of the show. 
Well, I am going to get going for now!  You can send me an internet pinch of you like...since I will not be putting on a piece of green clothing today!  ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea

27 comments

  1. Aww... Alex is so so cute.. I have a wee bit of a crush on him ;)
    Love the cards! Do you have like massive stocks of doodlebug jewels??? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cards, but I really like the second one, and the reference to rainbows. You and rainbows = amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning green cards today! That's such a fun rub-on, its so great to find treasures in your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...these cards are awesome and perfect for today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I especially love the first card.
    I can't belive I forgot to watch Ellen today. Thanks for putting that up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you Lea! Perfect cards to celebrate the day! I love the lucky always-the colored rub-on is really cool! I like your use of the rainbow rhinestones. Fun fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Love that vintage image on the first one, what a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are sweet, love the vintage one! They also fit the Cupcake Craft challenge - green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these cards...you rocked everything green:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, green is not my color too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute, cute, Lea!!! Great job with your sewing machine. It's addictive if you ask me! ;o) Gosh, I love that polka dot ribbon!!!

    I saw Alex on Ellen, too. What a sweet kid!!! Talk about your life changing in an instant! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad I'm not the only one lacking green. Actually my closet really lacks basically anything with color! I love both cards, and it's too bad Lil' Davis isn't still in business I liked several of their products!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun!! I love these cards :)
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cards and thoughts. Where did you get all your artistic talent my little girl!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your take on Kazan's sketch! great st. paddy's day colours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely cards! Especialy the 'lucky' one because green is my color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the comment on my card! I lve the card you made for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your cards! love the vintage image on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are just gorgeous Lea! Beautiful image and stitching on the first, and you know how I love some rainbow bling!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  20. your card is beautiful Lea - I adore the vintage image. I also did not wear green on St. Patties day - not my color either I guess but the girls were dressed in green from head to toe AND they were with me 24/7 - does that count for me having green? :)
    Hugs
    K

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥