WCMD Halloween Challenge with WPlus9!!

October 1, 2011

Happy World Card Making Day, everyone!  I guess I should actually say "good evening", since it is almost 6:00pm!  Tee hee!  Have you had a good day so far?  Mine has been full of football, and just hanging out with the hubby and my best girlfriend, Meagan.  Our Montana Grizzlies won their homecoming game BIG TIME, and Auburn Tigers won too!  So- it has been a good day in this household!

I am hosting a fun little challenge for WCMD, with a prize from WPlus9 going to one lucky participant!  I know what you are thinking...it is 6:00pm on WCMD- I have been doing crafty stuff all day long already.  HOW am I going to get another challenge in?!  Well- no worries.  Because this one is going to stay open until Friday at 11:59pm MST.  So- while I would love to see you get to the challenge tonight, you will have all week long!

I created my card for some challenges as well!  First off, I used Viva la Verve! October sketch #1 to help with the design of it.  The Halloween theme makes it work for Secret Crafter Saturday challenge #154 and Stampin B's challenge #130.  I added a little ribbon tab to the diecut pocket for CASual Fridays challenge #22.  The clean and simple style makes it work for Truly Scrumptious challenge #66, Stampin' Royalty challenge #91, and Crafty Creations challenge #137.  Here is what I created!
"Creepy Crawly Wishes" supplies:
Cardstock/Button/Scalloped Die: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream, kraft)
Paper: My Mind's Eye (Mischievous 6x6 paper pad) 
Stamps/Pocket Die: WPlus9 (A Pocketful & A Pocketful: Halloween sets, Pocketful die)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: robin's egg, sky gray) & Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black)
Ribbon: Bo Bunny
Twine: May Arts
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Make card from cream cardstock, cover the front with orange dotted paper, and then round the bottom right corner.  Cut a scalloped border from blue dotted paper, and adhere to the right side of a cream cardstock block.  Adhere the entire block to the left side of the card.  Round the top corners of a kraft cardstock block, and adhere centered to the bottom of the cream cardstock block.  Add a strip of star patterned paper to the front, then tie twine around it.  Tie a double bow from the same twine, thread a button around the middle, and adhere.  Diecut the pocket from cream cardstock, stamp the images to it, and adhere with dimensional adhesive.  Add a ribbon tab to the right side of the pocket.  Stamp the spiders coming from the pocket, and the sentiment below it to finish.

Now- I did say that there was a challenge, and a prize involved.  WPlus9 is graciously offering up "A Pocketful" Halloween" to one lucky winner of the challenge!!
The Challenge:  Create a Halloween project of any kind that features stamping on it. 

The Rules:  All projects must be new, and posted to your blog or online gallery no earlier than 6:00pm MST of today.  Any projects that are back linked will be deleted from the link list, and not eligible to win the prize.  You have until 11:59pm on Friday, October 7th to add your project to the link list.  A winner will be posted on Saturday, October 8th.  And the most important rule....HAVE FUN!!  Can't wait to see your creations! ♥♥♥ 




Until later,
~Lea L.

15 comments

  1. So sweet Lea. I love this pocket set and your card is adorable. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, and oh must get a Halloween card done for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! I adore this card! It's so clean and simple but still feels like it's full of details. Wonderful! Thanks for playing this week.

    Hugs,

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a great creation and perfect for our Halloween Challenge at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what a cute Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever, clever and MORE clever! LOVE you combination of color and images - HOW stinkin' fun! I'm ready to check my own back pocket, just in case! {LOL!} What a FUN project! YOU rocked WCMD, on a huge level - WAHOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lea, I LOVE this card! This Pocketful stamp set is one of my new favorite sets! But you know what? I didn't buy the Halloween set! This is a fun challenge and one that I will do for sure!! You take such beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those little spiders are darling, Lea! Love the layering and design! Your challenge looks like FUN!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and the color combination you chose. Will be bacl to play.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeeek wouldn't want to find those in my pocket...well it might be ok; they're cute!!! FUN CARD :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing along with the Stampin' B's DT Halloween card challenge, Lea! This Halloween creation is absolutely adorable. I LOVE that little pocket full o' {cute} spiders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Count me in! I've been using the same Halloween set for years and would love to win this adorable set! Thanks, Lea! Your working is amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spooktacular card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for letting me know about your challenge. And thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥