A Girl Should be Two Things....

October 16, 2011

....classy and fabulous!!  Coco Chanel...I couldn't agree with you more.  And I don't think this just pertains to the way we dress...I think it is also important in how we act, speak, present ourselves, and treat others.  And it doesn't mean being perfect either...because none of us will ever be that.  Anyways...I just love that quote, and you will see it on my card today! ;)

Two Peas in a Bucket has an event going on called Stamping A to Z right now, and I am one of the guests for today's post, G is for Glitz Design & Glossy Accents.  Of course, I did a project using Glitz Design product for them.  You could be one winner of some amazing Glitz Design product (and more!!) this week...just check out the 2Peas event blog that I linked above for details!!

Here is the card that I created for this event.  I did create it for some other blog challenges too, and those will be linked at the bottom!
"A Girl Should be Two Things..." supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper/Ephemera/Tulle/Lace/Stamps: Glitz Design (Beautiful Dreamer: Floral, Stripe)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: honey) & Tsukineko (Chalk: pixie dust)
Distress Ink/Blending Tool: Tim Holtz (antique linen)
Flower: Prima Marketing
Buttons: Doodlebug Designs
Twine: May Arts
Doily die: My Favorite Things
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock, and distress ink the edges.  Cut a pink paper block slightly smaller, distress the edges, and adhere to the front.  Cut a smaller vintage cream cardstock block, and distress ink the edges.  Sand the edges of butterfly ephemera, and adhere a strip of lace to the left side of it.  Tie tulle around the bottom of it, accent the middle of the bow with a button, and then adhere the entire piece to the cream cardstock block.  Cut a very thin strip of striped paper, and adhere to the right side of the butterfly image.  Accent the lace edge with a strip of pink pearls, then adhere the entire block to the card front using foam adhesive.  Diecut a doily from vintage cream cardstock, stamp the doily to the middle of it, then distress ink the edges.  Thread a button with twine, and adhere to the middle of the doily cut.  Adhere the entire cut to the card front, along with a pink flower.  Stamp the sentiment label to vintage cream cardstock, cut out, and adhere to the card front as shown.  Accent with pink pearls to finish.

So, what do you think?!  Beautiful Dreamer pretty much just takes my breath away every time I use it...so gorgeous, and my favorite colors.  Sigh- I love it!  Tee hee!  Well, that is all I have to share with you for now.  I will be a guest for this event again this week, so be sure to check back!!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L. 

Lovely Challenges I used Today
-Totally Gorjuss challenge #102- bingo card (flowers, buttons, bows)

14 comments

  1. So very pretty Lea. I love the tulle bow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea this is DARLING! Love everything about it...especially all the *girly* accents - beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a classy and fabulous card Lea!! love all the feminine details!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Throwdown. xxx Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo. Makes me want to squeal, it is so gorgeous! I love the colours and the bling and frills. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so beautiful Lea! I lveo that butterfly image peeking out from behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creation is really good & my favorite part is the sentiment.... Very True!!!

    Ash... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the softness of it and the layers. Loving that flower too. :) Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! This is such an amazing creation!! Really gorgeous details and pretty pink colors!! Thanks so much for joining with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!! Hope you will join us again! *Vicki* - Oct GDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous quote for a fabulous card! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along with the Ribbon Carousel Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are fancy trims all over this card! Very feminine work! I hope to see you create with us again at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card! I saw this on Mollyssquare.com and a friend commented it about on Cropchocolate.com. I'm a new follower. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥