WPlus9 October 2011- Dear Santa

October 3, 2011

Happy Monday, everyone!!  I hope that the start of your week has been a good one!!  I am having coffee with two of my girlfriends this morning, and am so looking forward to it!!  We are trying to meet every couple of weeks for coffee in order to stay in touch better, and keep up with each others lives.

For my WPlus9 post today, I am featuring the new set called "Dear Santa".  This is a small set, but with big possibilities!!  It goes perfectly with Class Act, and I know you are just going to love it!!  Here is a little bit more info on it:

Dear Santa
  • is a 3x4 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • contains 3 stamps
  • will be a FREE gift with every order $30 and over during the month of October; will be available for purchase November 1st for just $6
How awesome is that?!  If you purchase all 3 of the WPlus9 newly releasing stamps....you will get this little cutie for free!!  Or, grab a couple sets that have been on your wish list for awhile...I am a sucker for deals, so I love that Dawn is offering this one up!

I created my card for a couple of challenges, of course. Tee hee!  I combined Eat Sleep Stamp sketch #149 & 365 Cards: Super Sketchy Sunday #216 because they were quite similar.  I also created it for The Kraft Journal challenge #39, which is all about lavish layers...one of my very favorite techniques!!  And because I used my very favorite technique, it also fits Wee Memories challenge #70.  Here is what I came up with!
"Dear Santa, All I Want Is U!" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (kraft, smooth white)
Paper: GCD Studios (Scandia Jul: Scandie Bird Pink, Scandinavian Holiday Stripe, Hip Holiday Stripe)
Stamps: WPlus9 (Dear Santa & Class Act sets)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: cranberry) & Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black)
Button/Felt Accent/Alpha Stickers: American Crafts
Twine: May Arts
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs (green) & Westrim Crafts (hearts)
Spiral Notebook Die: Papertrey Ink
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Make card from kraft cardstock.  Cut background paper slightly smaller, and sand the edges.  Cut a strip of dotted paper, sand the edges and adhere to the back of the background paper, leaving the upper right corner adhesive free.  Adhere the entire block to the card front, then curl the top right corner over to reveal the polka dot paper.  Tie a double bow from twine, thread a button through the middle and adhere to the curl.  Cut a striped paper block, sand the edges and adhere at a slight angle to the front.  Cut a dotted paper strip, sand the edges and adhere across the middle.  Diecut a spiral notebook cut from white cardstock, then stamp the topper & list lines to it.  Adhere it to the front of the card at the opposite angle of the striped paper block.  Add the felt accent to the left side of the numbered lines.  Cut a banner edge to a kraft cardstock strip, then finish the sentiment with foam letters and a heart jewel.  Adhere the banner to the front, tucked under part of the felt accent.  Finish by accenting the stamped topper with jewels.

I know that most people think this set would work best for children, but I just had to share that you can use it for adults as well!  What Santa (ie: husband, significant other, etc....) wouldn't want to receive a sweet and sassy little card like this?! ;)

Don't forget to check out what all the other WPlus9 designers have to share today! I am sure it will be a treat! 
I also have a WCMD Halloween themed card challenge taking place on my blog as well!!  You could win a WPlus9 stamp set just by participating, so I hope to see some Halloween projects from YOU on the link list!!  CLICK HERE for the challenge post, and I can't wait to see what you create!! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

15 comments

  1. So cute! I love how you turned the corner down!! Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous bright colors, super siked to have won some of the new release stamps :) Thank you for joining us at 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic creation!! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW!!! I will be singing this song all night now ... all I want for Christmas is you ...:) Very cute and pretty and sweet and fun!

    Saw this card at Eat Sleep Stamp and had to let you know :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lea I'm such a fan and am still pinching myself that you played along with my sketch! I didn't know you knew my blog existed! LOL!! Seriously this is an AMAZING card. The colors are so vibrant and just fantastic. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for playing along this week!
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love all the layers, texture and dimension you have added here... And you did it so wonderful without making your card looked overdressed! Jealous! Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards always amaze me! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your card is stunning!!! it's soooo cute, and love the color mix!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea, this card is so pretty! I love all the bright colors and you have me wanting that new WPlus9 stamp set now! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Kraft Journal! Always love seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all the bright colors and a fab take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Es preciosa!
    Un gran trabajo con el Sketch!!
    Gacias por jugar esta semana en 365 cards.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥