WPlus9 October 2011- Group Post

October 4, 2011

Hey there, everyone!!  Well, today is the day!  You can purchase all of the new WPlus9 stamps, and don't forget about the free "Dear Santa" set with a $30+ purchase!!  Such an awesome deal...you won't want to miss out.  For the final day of release week, we have our group post...which I just LOVE!  I love seeing a project from each DT member on Dawn's blog together...so many different styles encompassed!!

I did create my card for some challenges, but I have decided to change my post format and share them at the bottom.  That way it will be easier to see each challenge, and click on the links.  So, just scroll down to see which ones I used!!

For my card- I wanted to combine two of the new stamp sets again- "Fair Isle" and "Winter Wishes".  I get just smitten with winter themed stamps, especially ones with cute little mitties.  Living in Montana, I wear winter clothing far longer than anything else...so I am all about owning super cute outerwear!  So, I love that these stamps emulate how I feel about that!! Tee hee!  Here is my card:
"Sending Warm Winter Wishes" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper/Lace Trim: Glitz Design (Beautiful Dreamer: houndstooth) 
Stamps: WPlus9 (Fair Isle & Winter Wishes sets)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: truffle, sky blue) & Tsukineko (Pigment: pixie dust)
Distress Ink/Blending Tool: Tim Holtz (antique linen)
Flower: Recollections
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: The Twinery
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Puff Balls: Darice Inc.
Glitter: Doodlebug Designs

Instructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock, then distress ink the edges.  Ink the edges of a brown paper strip and adhere to the left side of the card.  Ink the edges of a pink houndstooth paper block, and adhere to the right side.  Cut a strip of vintage cream cardstock and distress ink the edges.  Stamp the border to it, adhere lace trim to the left side, and then adhere to the middle of the card.  Diecut the doily from vintage cream cardstock, stamp the inside and adhere to the front.  Add three pearls to the snowflake border, and a pearl to the middle of the doily.  Stamp the sentiment to the lower right corner of the pink paper block.  Tie a bow from brown dotted ribbon, and adhere to the left side of the doily.  Cover a pink flower in glitter, and adhere to the middle of the bow.  Stamp the mittens, cut out, and cover the tops with glitter.  Adhere each mitten to a piece of pink twine, put a twist in it and adhere below the bow.  Add two pink puff balls to the mittens to finish. 

Be sure to check out what the other girls have to share for the group post...I know each project is going to be fabulous!  I can't wait to check them out!

I also have a WCMD Halloween themed card challenge taking place on my blog as well!!  You could win a WPlus9 stamp set just by participating, so I hope to see some Halloween projects from YOU on the link list!!  CLICK HERE for the challenge post, and I can't wait to see what you create!! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

Lovely Challenges I Used Today
-Pollycraft Monday Challenge #113- sketch
-Cards & Things Color Challenge #90- baja breeze, chocolate chip, blushing bride
-Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge- fussy cutting
-Dutch Dare Card Challenge #132- Bingo card (ribbon, flowers, die cuts)
-Ribbon Carousel Challenge #23- anything goes
-Papertake Weekly Challenge- anything goes

19 comments

  1. Such great details! Love the glitter on the flower!
    ~Aman
    paperandcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation dear. Luv the detailing too.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
    http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow stunning card i love your colour pallet and what a fab flower it's perfect.
    Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunningly beautiful card as always Lea, your colors are so pretty and your layers amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the glitter and bitty pom-poms on the mittens...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Lea! Love the little pom poms on the mittens!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning card and those little mittens are sooooo cute! Thanks for joining us this week at DDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card (even thought I do not want to think about winter just yet)!! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OUTSTANDING, Lea! Every be-speckled, be-jeweled, carefully constructed detail is positively WINKING at me! {!} I love THIS! You release work was OVER the top! Wahooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow! This card is just fabulously beautiful. The colors, the doily, the flower, the ribbon, those adorable mittens, and the lace... everything! It's just stunning and beautiful. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I may have to get that set simply for the mittens! Seriously they are just too cute! I love that doily stamp, stamped on the doily! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I love the soft colors and the lace! Thank You so much for joining us at Dutch Dare this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful! I love your color choices and all the textures!! Amazing job! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card - love all your bits and pieces! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color choices and glitter!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Lea, can I be you when I grow up? ;) Well, you're probably just about my age so that won't work. Everything you do is MAGIC! This card is SOO beautiful! I love the stamp, the die, the lace, the ribbon, the glittery flower, everything! So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Ribbon Carousel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't this just the cutest?! LOVE that bit of glitter and lace, and I'm drooling over your color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card ! Thanks for playing along with C&T!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥