"My Cup of Tea": Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week

October 11, 2011

Good evening, everyone!  Welcome to the last night of October's Lawn Fawn inspiration week!  Tonight we are showcasing the new set "My Cup of Tea"....I am sure you can guess the theme.  Tee hee!  I combined the set with two others in order to really customize the sentiment.

I should preface this by saying that my mom loves ALL dishes.  I don't think she has ever met one she didn't like...well, unless it had a chip.  Tee hee!  She also LOVES beautiful teapots and matching teacups and/or mugs, depending on the style.  When I saw this stamp set, I immediately thought of her.  So, I wanted to make this card in honor of my wonderful mama...so the sentiment had to be just for her!

The challenges that I created this for will be listed and linked at the bottom of my post.  Here is what I came up with!
  "Love You, Mom!" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (purple) & Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: Glitz Design (Dance in Sunshine: Polka, Damask)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: eggplant, marigold, leather)
Distress Ink/Blending tool: Tim Holtz (antique linen)
Lace/Button: craft supply
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: May Arts
Flowers: Recollections
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Glitter: DecoArt
Label die: Spellbinders (Fancy Tags Three)
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Make card from purple cardstock.  Cut damask paper slightly smaller, then cover the top with yellow dotted paper.  Wrap green crocheted lace around the middle, then adhere to the front.  Fold ribbon ends as shown, then adhere to the middle of the lace.  Diecut the label from cream cardstock, distress ink the edges and adhere to the middle.  Tie a double bow from twine, thread a button around the middle and then adhere to the lower left corner of the label.  Stamp the teapot to cream cardstock, cut out and cover in glitter. Adhere the teapot to the label, overlapping the twine bow, then stamp the hearts coming from the spout.  Cut a banner edge to a cream cardstock strip, distress ink the edges and stamp the sentiment to it.  Adhere below the label, and then accent the left side with two paper flowers.  Add purple jewels to the label to finish.

So, this stamp set begs the question... what is your favorite kind of tea?  I live in Montana, so I am a lover of hot drinks when it is cold outside- which is a LARGE portion of the year.  Apparently I am very "British" when it comes to how I prefer my tea...because unless it is mint or orange tea- I prefer cream and a bit of sugar (splenda) in mine.  My latest tea fave is this cinnamon tea I picked up in Kenya.  There aren't many just plain cinnamon teas out there that I fancy...but I LOVE this one.  I will be so sad once it is all gone...which means I will just have to plan another trip to Kenya! Tee hee!  I have this coconut chai tea that really love too, and it is decaf.  And I can't forget the one forever favorite- Constant Comment orange tea.  My girlfriends and I used to sit in Perkins for hours, just chatting, eating a slice of pie and making as many cups of tea possible with the one teabag we each had.  Such good memories from high school and college.  

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Lawn Fawn gals have come up with using "My Cup of Tea"!! ♥♥♥

And as always, there will be lots of giveaways on the Lawn Fawn blog this week!!  Click on these links and follow the comment instructions for your chance!! 
Until later,
~Lea L.
Lovely Challenges I Used Today
-Stampin' Royalty challenge #92- color (old olive, more mustard, so saffron, elegant eggplant)
-Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge- recipe (yellow, ribbon/lace, flowers, buttons)
-The Stamping Boutique challenge #17- someone special (my mom!)

23 comments

  1. Wow....this is very beautiful card Lea.Love the colors, the design, everything about this card is so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at RCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I love that you made this card in honor of your mom (good thing there isn't a chip in it ~ he he)!! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful, like the ribbons you used and the flowers are so pretty , thank you for joining our challenge at Frosted Designs, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this one is beautiful !

    Thanks for joining in at Frosted Designs and hope to see you again soon.

    Love, Marina @Frosted Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! I LOVE the yellow and purple color combo!! Great take on the recipe challenge as well!! Thanks so much for playing along at Frosted Designs this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card! I love everything, especially the tiny hearts :)
    Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!!! Love the purple and yellow together and the sparkly tea pot! Thanks for playing along with us at The Stamping Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZA! Love the purple and yellow together - so lovely. This one has so many pretty details...love it all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card. I love the colors, and textures. Great details with the glitter teapot, flowers, gems, ribbon and twine. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the cluster of ribbon, fiber, flowers, button, and twine! Who wouldn't love to receive this card? I hope to see you create with us again at Frosted Designs! **Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a spectacular card--love all those little details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a BEAUTIFUL card, Lea! You always impress me with your unique style -- it's so pretty. Another lovely from Lea! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is amazing. I love how you used the My Cup of Tea set. I am sure your mom will adore this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just LOVE this card! The teapot is so cute and the buttons and ribbon set it off to perfection! Great job on the sketch! So glad you joined us at Frosted Designs. Aloha, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this card on the lawn fawn blog and just couldn't stop staring at it. That glittered teapot is so fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Love the colors and textures. Thank you for sharing on the Card Sketch Challenge at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love love LOVE this! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Ribbon Carousel Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lea, this is so sweet! I love the colors and the center tag as the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Lea! Good luck & thanks for playing with us at The Stamping Boutique!

    Sandy :)
    DT TSB

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥