WPlus9 October 2011- Christmas Wishes

October 2, 2011

Hey there, everyone!!  I hope that this Sunday is bringing a great end to your weekend.  We have had a good one so far, and will cap out the weekend with a community group meeting from church where we are having a pasta bar and Bible study.  Community group is always a great way to end the week!

Today I have another new set to share with you for the WPlus9 release week!  It is called "Christmas Wishes", and is an awesome set!  This will be a must have for those of you who love elegance when it comes to sending your holiday wishes to friends and family.  Here is a little bit of info about the set:

Christmas Wishes
  • is a 4x6 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • contains 14 stamps; 1 large frame, 5 accent images, and 8 sentiment builders
  • will be available for purchase October 5th for just $13
As is the norm for me, I have created my card for some challenges.  First up, I used the photo inspiration from Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger: Delighfully Random.  I used the Frosted Designs Card Sketch #2 to help with the design of my card.  I used the colors from Just Add Ink # 87 (pool party, calypso coral, whisper white, crumb cake), and added lace to it for Papercraft Star challenge #64.  I also created it for Flourishes World Card Making challenge to be inspired by your favorite animated character from childhood.  Disney's Cinderella was my very fave growing up, and I based my card on both her blue & pink dresses in the movie!  (Here is a link to some Cinderella images.)  By using both lace and tulle, it fits Top Tip Tuesday #53 (my tip is added below), and last, but not least, I added pearls & swirls to it for Delightful Challenges.  Here is what I created!
"Wishing You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (smooth white)
Paper/Tulle: Glitz Design (Beautiful Dreamer: Stripe, Polka)
Stamps: WPlus9 (Christmas Wishes set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: honey, mint) & Tsukineko (Pigment: pixie dust) 
Pearls: Zva Creative
Lace: craft supply
Button: American Crafts
Twine: May Arts
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories
Sandpaper

Instructions:  make card from smooth white cardstock, and then round the right side corners.  Cut heart paper slightly smaller, round the right side corners, sand the edges, and adhere to the card front.  Round the right side corners of a smooth white cardstock block, and then stamp the frame, holly & sentiment to it.  Sand the edges of a striped paper strip, and adhere to the left side of the block.  Adhere the entire stamped block to the front of the card.  Adhere white lace to the left side of the card, then tie tulle around the right side of it.  Tie a bow from matching tulle, thread a button around the center with twine, and adhere to the card.  Add three pearls to the stamped holly, and then add the pearl flourishes to each side to finish.

Tip:  The way I get extra dimension when adding eyelet lace trim to my card is by tucking each end in a little bit, and then adhering down to the card.  This helps "poof" it out a little bit, keeping that pretty dimension that lace can give to a card.

Don't forget to check out what all the other WPlus9 designers have to share today! I am sure it will be a treat! 
I also have a WCMD Halloween themed card challenge taking place on my blog as well!!  You could win a WPlus9 stamp set just by participating, so I hope to see some Halloween projects from YOU on the link list!!  CLICK HERE for the challenge post, and I can't wait to see what you create!! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

28 comments

  1. Be still, crafty lovin' heart. YOU have just stolen mine! OOOOoohhhh, GIRL! THIS is positively SPLENDID! I love it on so many levels - can't even explain it! THOSE COLORS! *Gasp!* THIS is a celebration of the magic of Christmas. SUCH a vintage flavor in a BRAND new way - I'm ready to bust out the Christmas tunes and bling out the house! Wahooooo!

    {Woops, probably better do Halloween, first. Oh, well! }

    Tee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty card, Thanks 4 joining us this week @ Top Tip Tuesday for our 2 Or More, Ribbon, Twine, Lace, Fabric Challenge, Don't forget you can enter up to 3 times, I hope you can come and play again soon, Hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! I love your soft colours and the pearls are so beautiful here, thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Lea absolute`Beauty` such a treat to catch up TFI:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! I don't know what I love the most!!! The lace, the tulle, the pearls! Fabulous!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Papercraft Star!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty! Where is that frame from? (Sorry if this is a double post)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! I see where the frame is from. Same set ;) So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful Christmas card! I love the colors and bow with button!
    Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you card! Those colours are great and not your typical Christmas ones. Love that! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW how stunning are the flourishes! beautiful card and I love the non traditional colours! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Top Tip Tuesday with our two or more ribbon challenge! Good Luck and hope to see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So like the non-traditional Christmas colors on this card. Like its softness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Lea! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lea, this turned out so pretty! The colors are magical!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card looks very beautiful & elegant x
    Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous, how sweet and a great Top Tip for the lace too -
    Thanks for joining in with Top Tip Tuesday this week for our Ribbon Challenge :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous take of TT. congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so, so pretty! Great design and I love the pretty pastels for Christmas! Congrats on your TT win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the totally random elegance of your card, Lea :o)
    Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the beautiful elements on this card, very pretty! Congrats on the TT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on being a TT!! What a beautiful take on the TT! Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks beautiful. :)) To bad doh we can't see the whole card, but I love what I can see. ;)
    Thanks for playing with DC.

    Hugs, Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  22. Unusual Christmas colour scheme but totally lovely, I like the swirl !

    thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs and hope to see you again next time.

    love, Marina.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lea, this is just one gorgeous creation! Love the inspiration too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥