A Happy Hello

January 22, 2013

Hey there, everyone!!  How has the start of your week been so far?  After a super fun weekend up in Seeley Lake, I am just getting back to my normal routine!  We had a blast with our friends! Lots of great food & drinks, snowmobiling, an epic game of Apples to Apples, and we finished the weekend with a guac-off & margaritas while watching the Falcons/49ers game on Sunday.  Some of my Instagram photos will be posted below!

Today I have my latest Flourishes Timeless Tuesday card to share with you!  This month is flying by SO quickly, and I have been having a lot of fun creating for these challenges in advance!!  Today's challenge is to use 4 pearls, a circle & a fishtail flag.  For my card, I decided to use up some more of my stash while I wait for everything from CHA to release.  Lots of older Dear Lizzy, some Crate Paper & Prima flowers used.  I paired them with the Flourishes "Sentimental Favorites" stamp set, and it was the perfect match! Here is what I created.
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from vintage cream cardstock.
2. Cut strawberry paper slightly smaller, round the corners and adhere.
3. Round the bottom corners of a chevron paper strip, then adhere to the bottom.
4. Layer two flowers to the right side of the seam, then add a circle sticker to the top.
5. Cut a banner edge to a grid paper strip, then stamp the sentiment to it.
6. Adhere the sentiment strip over top of the seam, slightly tucked in under the flower.
7. Cut a banner edge to a green paper scrap, then layer with a pink strip to the upper right corner.
8. Thread a button with twine, adhere to the top, then add a strip of washi to it.
9. Add a strip of washi coming from underneath the sentiment banner.
10. Accent the card with pearls to finish.

Challenges:
-Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #204 - Recipe Challenge
-Clean & Simple FTL #224 - Sketch
-The Shabby Tea Room #150 - Photo Inspiration
-Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Washi Tape
-Word Art Wednesday #63 - Anything Goes










I hope you enjoyed my sweet little strawberry card today!  I love how this one turned out, and it used up some more of my stash!  That is always a good thing! Be sure to check out what the Timeless Tuesday team has created for the challenge as well!

Allison Israels
Amanda Havon
Maki Jones 
Here are some of my Instagram shots from the weekend!  If you are an Insagrammer, and would like to follow me....just search for user @ltllea23.  I would love to have you!
The first photo is two baby hats that Josh crocheted for one of his employees who is expecting.  They are Griz fans, so we thought the grizzly cub hat in Montana colors was fitting.  The second photo was one of the gorgeous view from snowmobiling up the mountain.  The third one is of our sunset view from the deck of the condo, and the last photo is from th guac-off.  We decided that Christy & Josh tied, because they both had a completely different taste.  YUM!

Well, that is all I have for now.  I hope you enjoyed my blog post today, and I will be back in the coming days with more cards to share!  Have a great day!

Until later,
~L.

16 comments

  1. What a super sweet card, Lea. I love your use of washi tape, the darling wooden button, and the soft color scheme. Thanks for sharing this in our challenge this week, and please come back soon!
    Have a blessed day!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is such a breath of fresh air. Love the subtle colors and just the right amount of embellishment. I love it! Thanks for blessing us with your project today at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lea! I love all the strawberry elements to it! Fabulous! Great sunset photo. Looks like you and fam had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the strawberry paper and dthe flowers are wonderful. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So yummy and sweet! The pretty blooms are just beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us in the Tea Room, Lea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea,
    The muted color on the DSP really helps tie all your wonderful add ons together. It is really a beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colors on your card Lea!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea, the strawberry paper alone grabbed my attention but the whole thing put together with your special touch is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A guac-off...I love saying that. Guac-off! Like in Elf when he says "Francisco...that's fun to say!" - Guac-off is too - heh. Loving your Instagram photos - here, not there because I am not on that - and that red wall in your house is so cool. That's our next step - is an accent wall. Took the leap and painted the laundry room a crazy bright green blue...now it's time to do it where people can actually see it!

    Oh - your card is beautiful as always. Love that purple one down there with all those lush flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, your card is total cuteness!! I love the soft pink and white. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, this strawberry card is just so delish! Lea, you have such a way with cards....I feel like such an amateur crafter whenever I see your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card with so many pretty & eye catching components. Such a different (&wonderful) sketch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the soft, shabby, feminine look of your card, Lea! Just beautiful! Your photos are awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very Sweet card! Love this pretty paper collection. Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥