WPlus9 February 2012 Release Week - Day 1

January 31, 2013

Happy Friday, everyone!!  How has your week been going?  Are you looking forward to the weekend?  I've had a good week so far!  I had a salon day this week...it takes a lot of work to keep this curly hair straight.  Ha!!  I also researched and found a new place to workout, and I am SO excited about it.  My current gym membership is at an actual gym, and I only do Oula (which is dance fitness).  My current gym doesn't offer as many Oula classes as I would like, and they are at inconvenient times.  Enter Downtown Dance Collective.  Oula every single day, better times....LESS MONEY.  Can't even tell you how excited I am!  Tomorrow we are heading to Butte to see my family....who is taking us out to dinner for my birthday at Lydia's.  YUM!  Probably going to have to head to the Acoma for martinis too....

Well, today starts release week for WPlus9, and we have some fabulous stamp sets & dies to share with you....and this just in- some INK!!  Here is the information on what we are sharing today:

Chantilly Trim
  • is a 6x8 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • 9 high quality photo-polymer stamps; 6 lace trim border images, 1 lace background block and 2 floral accent images
  • will be available for purchase February 5th for $21
Scalloped Border Die
  • coordinates with the Chantilly Trim stamp set
  • cuts a continuous border in a scalloped pattern
  • will be available for purchase February 5th for $6
Very Vintage Florals
  • is a 4x6 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • 19 high quality photo-polymer stamps; 4 sentiments, 1 frame and 14 images
  • will be available for purchase February 5th for $14
Very Vintage Florals Companion Die
  • coordinates with the Very Vintage Florals stamp set
  • contains 7 individual shapes wired together that can be easy separated if desired
  • will be available for purchase February 5th for $8
 I created a pink & brown card filled with cute layers of flowers!  These matching stamps & dies make layering really easy, and adds beautiful dimension to the card without too much bulk.  This card is definitely flatter & more simple than most of my cards...but I love it!  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock.
2. Cut stripe paper and adhere to the middle.
3. Stamp the floral border to the top, and the lacey scallop border to the bottom.
4. Stamp the chantilly lace trim to pink chevron paper, then diecut the scalloped border to it.
5. Trim to fit the card, then layer to the front with a folded doily.
6. Diecut the label from kraft carstock, then stamp the frame & sentiment to it.
7. Layer the stamped label to the middle of the card, then accent with stickers.
8. Diecut and stamp all the flower & leaf layers, then layer to the card front as shown.
9. Accent each flower with a tiny pearl to finish.

Challenges:
-Tuesday Morning Sketches #183 - Sketch
-Charisma Cardz #4 - Pink & Brown
-Inky Impressions #95 - Bingo Card (flowers, kraft, dies)
-Simon Says Stamp  - Anything Goes










The white ink that I used is a new pigment ink that WPlus9 is releasing...and it works fabulously!  It covers beautifully, doesn't over-saturate your stamps....LOVE it!  You are going to want this white ink...I promise!!  The other two inks that aren't listed in my link list above are Tsukineko aloe vera and Colorbox berry pigment, which was a limited edition ink.

I love the sweet lacey borders & beautiful flowers that these stamp sets include!!  Be sure to check out what the rest of the designers have created for you today!

And don't forget....you can comment to win each day of the release on Dawn's blog!  Read her blog post each day for commenting instructions!! I hope you enjoyed me sweet little card today!

Until later,
~L.

23 comments

  1. Yum, yum, YUMM-O! This is FABULOUS, Lea! Happy BIRTHDAY! OMG! Don't you have a fun week planned! Your hair looks AMAZING... (!) I always look forward to your layered up creations of fabulosity! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deliciously beautiful.... Love the paper choices

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color choices, love brown and pink together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never thought to stamp the lace trim on patterned paper - how fun! This whole card is just girly beautiful deliciousness Lea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever so pretty, and so deliciously girly! LOVE it to bits, Lea, especially all the gorgeous stamp images you were able to so effortlessly tie in! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous, Lea! I love your soft girly colors and the bits of lace peeking out everywhere. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this new set so much! You brought it all together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These new lacey images are just beautiful!!! And I love the sweet little pearly accents in the middle of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I love all the different layers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. Great details! Thank you so much for playing along in the Inky Impressions' challenge. Good luck in the prize draw. ~ Tonya ~ DT Coordinator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty!! I love all the payers and embellies!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZERS! Lea! You really know how to combine elements together! This is perfection!!! LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful creation! Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous card, such a pretty colour combination and fabulous layyering of the stunning details.

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lea, thank you joining our Bingo challenge at Inky Impressions with your beautiful card

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ps. I have candy on my Paw Prince blog
    http://vicky-pawprince.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Lea! What a clever card and i love how you totally used our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every time I visit, Lea, I wind up with my jaw on the floor! The layering on this card is absolutely breathtaking. I hadn't thought of stamping the lace border on patterned paper, but it looks amazing. Love the half doily and sprinkling of flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely card. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Lea, so pretty, I love the white stamping on kraft.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is absolutely beautiful. Love the design with the layers and kraft papers with the pearls. Thanks for playing at Inky Impressions and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥