♥♥ Thanks ♥

January 30, 2013

Happy Wednesday, everyone!!  I can't believe it's the middle of the week...it feels like it is just flying by right now!  Yesterday was a pretty quiet day at home, other than meeting for my weekly Bible study with my friend Laurie.  We discussed 2nd Peter 3, and then of course...our conversation veered off.  That's okay though, because it was a meaningful and wonderful talk...most likely exactly what we were supposed to be talking about. :)  Speaking of Bible study....I am going to get back to sharing my notes on my blog.  December & January were so crazy busy, but I should be slowing down a bit now.

I also spent a lot of time updating my FOR SALE tab, and there is a ton of stuff in there now.  So- check it out!  Lots of great stamps for great prices and all in great condition!

Today I have a fun card to share with you!  I was asked to guest design for Precious Remembrance Shop, using their new Thanks Stamp Set.  I absolutely adore every sentiment in this set, so I very eagerly said yes!!  The Precious Remembrance Shop Blog has a ton of super cute projects using this stamp set, and you will fall in love with it once you see them all!  And thankfully, they are willing to work around my crazy busy blog schedule...so I am very happy about that!  Here is my first card using this awesome stamp set!
 Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock, then round the bottom right corner.
2. Cut a decorative envelope from vellum. {I used my Cricut, but you can use a Silhouette or even freehand it!}
3. Add a little spray adhesive to the inside, then sprinkle sequins on it.
4. Adhere the envelope to the card front, then zig-zag stitch along each edge.
5. Adhere a diecut heart to the corner of the envelope, then accent with a gem.
6. Stamp the sentiment below it in black ink.
7. Scatter some sequins to the upper left and lower right corner.
8. Accent with pearls to finish.

Challenges:
-Runway Inspired #28 - Carolina Herrera Fashion Inspiration
-Tuesday Throwdown #132 - Bling
-Sentimental Sundays #139 - Thank You










I hope that you enjoyed my sequin filled thank you card today!  {Just an FYI- the sequins are from Michael's, and were found just in their normal sequin section.  That's why they aren't on the link list!!}  I hope you have an awesome rest of your day!

Until later,
~L.

17 comments

  1. That little vellum envelope is darling and I love all the bold blue sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous, what a great use of sequins

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my! I need some sequins now don't I ? :) This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea! I love the little envelope, the way you've done the sentiment and of course the the sparkly sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous use of colors and elements! Love it to bits! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! ... what a great simple card... Thanks for joining SS...HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I LOVE the vellum envelope and the colors you've used look wonderful with the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is this! Sequins in a vellum pocket! Brilliant design! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally in love with this card, Lea! Your use os sequins is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card! Very CAS, but wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lea, I am always in awe of your cards - whether it is a clean and simple card, a shabby or any other style, you always rock them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously love everything about this card! Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab design Lea - I love it :)
    Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sequins and their subtle glam! Love this CAS card. Glad you could play along with us at Sentimental Sundays!

    Inky hugs,
    Angi

    ReplyDelete
  15. That vellum pocket is so very sweet and the scattered sequins are perfect! Congrats on being a Fabulous Fashionista!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the well-deserved Fashionista award from Runway Inspired for your fabulous card, Lea!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥