Cosmic Stars & Starry Nights

January 28, 2013

Happy Monday!  Did you all have a wonderful weekend?  Ours was pretty fun!  On Friday night we went out and watched a band play at a local bar with some friends....and we were supporting a friend from church who is in the band.  We had a great time, and they did a great job covering rock music from all genres.  Saturday was pretty quiet, just cleaning the house and prepping for the dinner we were having with friends that night.  And after a small butter burning/raging flame incident....dinner went off without a hitch!  Ha!  On Sunday I had an engagement session to shoot of the sweetest couple and their super cute yellow lab.  It was so fun, and we had a great time during the shoot....I can't wait for their wedding next fall!

So, for the next couple days I'm going to be sharing my projects with you for my guest design spot at Mama Elephant this month!  They released four new stamp sets this month, and they are all fabulous!  For my first card, I used both Cosmic Stars & Starry Nights, and created this sweet friendship card!!  I just love how personalized you can create with these sets!
 Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from red cardstock.
2. Cut white cardstock slightly smaller, then wrap rainbow washi tape around the left side.
3. Add a strip of Scor-Tape next to the washi tape, cover in glitter, then adhere to the card front.
4. Stamp the images and sentiment to the front, then accent below the sentiment with jewels.
5. Layer a strip of washi tape, two stickers & a jewel to the upper right corner.
6. Layer a photo corner, two stickers, a confetti star and jewels to the lower left corner to finish.

Challenges:
-Clean & Simple FTL #225 - Sketch
-Moxie Fab World Challenge - 10 Different Embellishments
-Addicted to CAS #5 - Heart
-Pile It On #4 - Washi Tape
-One Stop Craft #213 - Sparkle & Bling










This next card uses the Cosmic Stars stamp set, along with sentiments from Smitten and On Target....which allowed me to turn it into a Valentine's Day card by combining it with My Mind's Eye "Lucky In Love" collection!!  And a Valentine isn't complete without pretty pink, doilies & cupid....:)  Check it out!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from vintage cream cardstock.
2. Cut pink paper slightly smaller and adhere.
3. Cut a doily in half, and layer to the card front with two scalloped paper strips.
4. Ahere a strip of texted paper over top of them, then stamp the sentiment to it.
5. Add a thin strip of patterned paper to the middle of it.
6. Stamp the cupid image to cardstock, cut out and adhere to the front.
7. Color in the hair & dress with colored pencils.
8. Cut an arrow from patterned paper, and adhere to the stamped cupid.
9. Layer a fussy cut heart balloon and two paper flowers above the sentiment.
10. Layer a bit of doily & paper pieces to the upper left corner, then top with a stamped sentiment strip.
11. Accent the card with gold star confetti & pearls to finish.










I hope that you like my two cute little cards using Comic Stars & Starry Nights {plus some others....}!  Come back tomorrow when I showcase my next projects using the other two new stamp sets from Mama Elephant!  Have an awesome rest of your day!

Until later,
~L.

20 comments

  1. SUPER cute cards! LOVE the second one--love that large arrow! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lea. Two fabulous cards ... both so creative and fun. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS. Loll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your Guest DT spot, Lea! These are ever so cute! LOVE all your sparkles and gems and precious, little embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love these, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the GD gig!!! These cards are totally ROCKIN' Miss Lea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cards - especially the darling "compatible" one -- Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Lea! I just wanted to let you know how much it meant to me that you stopped by my blog and left such a lovely comment on my "Juggling Too Much?" card! I've always enjoyed seeing your creations in Paper Crafts and CARDS (your card on the cover of PC's Color Inspiration is my all-time favorite PC cover!), and I like to pop in to see what you are up to over at Glitz Design. I know you are a busy gal!!! Thanks so much for making my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And silly me--I forgot to mention how much I like these two cards! You put together a stunning collection of 10 embellies for the Moxie Fab challenge. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards. Thank you for playing along with the Addicted to CAS heart challenge.
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sentiment and use of our code word this challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first card being the CAS entry is so clever and original.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry I forgot to add - Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to CAS. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cards.

    Thanks for joining with us this week at OSCC.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally love both your cards to bits !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Lea! Thanks for linking this up to the Use 10 Different Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uuuuh, LOVE LOVE LOVE this! It's creative, uses many differents details and is still CAS! Well done!
    Thanks for playing along at ATCAS!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥