Mama Elephant January Stampede

January 15, 2013

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Welcome to the January Mama Elephant Stampede!!  I am so happy to be joining in this month as a guest designer for Mama Elephant, and today is my first post joining in!!  All of the brand new stamp sets are now released and available for sale at the Mama Elephant Shop, so be sure to head on over there and get your favorites!  **If you are looking for the Nina B Design's Blog Hop post, just scroll down or click here!  If you are looking for my Flourishes Timeless Tuesday post, click here.**

The January Stampede is a blog hop, and you should have arrived here from Mariana Grigsby's blog.  If not...never fear!  When you scroll to the bottom of my post I will have a list of all the participants, and you can start from the very beginning at the Mama Elephant blog!!  You are definitely going to want to join in on this blog hop, because Mama Elephant is giving away (3) $20 gift certificates to the shop....comments will be chosen randomly from all the blogs on the hop, so the more you comment, the higher your chance of winning!  But please, only one comment per blog!  :)

I chose to use the new stamp set called "Smitten" for my card today.  This is a super fun love themed stamp set with trendy sentiments and a really trendy feather.  Totally loving it...and how my card turned out.  Check it!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock, then round the lower right corner.
2. Layer diecuts, stickers, a rhinestone circle a strip of washi & a piece of doily above the rounded corner.
3. Cut a banner edge to a polka dot paper strip, then stamp the sentiment to it.
4. Stamp th feather to patterned paper, then cut out.
5. Layer the banner sentiment, feather and a tab sticker together, then layer to the front with foam adhesive.
6. Tie a bow from brown twine, thread a button around the center, and adhere to the sentiment banner.
7. Add a scattering of confetti stars, jewels & pearls to finish.

Challenges:
-CAS(E) This Sketch #10
-The Play Date Cafe #164 - Color Challenge
-CAS-ual Fridays #85 - Round of Applause
-Runway Inspired #27 - Photo Inspiration










After leaving me a comment, your next stop is Pearl Liu's blog!  And just so you have it...here is the entire blog hop list!

JJ Bolton   

I hope that you have enjoyed the Mama Elephant January Stampede! I will be back later this month sharing some projects with more of the newly released stamps...so be sure to check back!   

Until later,
~L.

74 comments

  1. Great colors! Love that feather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, pretty! I love your layered collage of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lea, I can't even tell you how much I love this! It is so perfectly delicious, with the elements all just so! I am new to Mama Elephant, but I love this set - that feather must be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Lea!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. You cluster so well! I love that great bundling of elements from the feather, to the pin, to the gems/buttons, stickers, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty layering! So many great little details :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the layout you used on this!!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love all of the layering! So many wonderful details that are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow the layering on this card is amazing!!! I LOVE your color choice too and the stars on the side, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so AMAZING Lea! I'm loving that stick pin. So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a PRO you are in layering all the elements so beautifully, Lea! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays....AND last but not least, Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the colors of this card, and those sequins! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lea this is gorgeous and I love the layering.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely love the layering. And the feather and font combo is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I love the colors, all the layers and use of the awesome stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Muy bonita me encanto tu estilo t ese sello siii esta muy padre dehecho todos jejeje saludos!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Lea - I love all the pretty accents!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your style Lea - it's layered but neat - so awesome and unique ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoy how you integrated all of the elements you used--particularly the stamps! So sweet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of fun details in this pretty collage card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTS this week, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great use of white space on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card. I like how you cut the awesome feather out

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card. Love all the elements together. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. GORGEOUS!!! What a stunner of a card!!! LOVE it!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great grouping of embellishments! It really draws the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card rocks that feather! I recently found Mama Elephant and have been waiting for this release to make my first purchase. Can't wait to get my hands on these stamps! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like how you put everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the collage look Lea! Everything is perfectly placed!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great layering, leaving lots of white space for visual appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So very wonderful. Great way
    to use the stamps and embellishments.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very good balance and layering. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very cool card! Love the collage look! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. excellent great collage card! thanx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am always so inspired by your work Lea! And today's card is no exception! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So clever use of embellishments! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my, I love all of the incredible detail you added to your card, just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOWZAH...Talk about a super awesome card!!! Love it and the stamps you used...amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fabulous, fabulous card!!!!!! I think I need to CASE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love collage and just think that your card is so artistic. Beautiful job! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a pretty card! I love the colors - perfect for men!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Holy wow. Just wow. This is completely amazing. Love the layers and the kinda manly color scheme. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is awesome! Love the freestyle collage!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love your colors and layers!! GOrgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a FAB card!! LOVE the layers and embellies! FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Totally fun grouping of elements! I'm lovin' that feather image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. The mix of embellishments on your card is awesome! I love that stamped feather, too.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful card. I do have to remember to use my corner rounder... it makes for a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love your card! The placement, layering, & cleanliness of it! Well done! 👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  49. Amazing card, as always, Lea! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  50. love the layering of elements. gorgeous card, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful! I love how you clustered the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  52. This card is just wonderful! I love that feather stamp and the clean and simple look of your design!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi Lea, love this card, great how you layered it all, you're too clever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. This is absolutely stunning, Lea! I love all the layers and the rhinestones!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Such an amazing collection of elements, I love this look. Thanks, too, for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love all the layers - and that feather is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  57. This is nothing less than stunning! Absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  58. All of your little accents look so pretty in the corner like that! I especially like the touches of bling and the pretty stick pin!

    ReplyDelete
  59. you are such a fantastic designer and photographer. I posted this on our RIC facebook page and the crowd roared as I knew they would. Fantastic job Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Simply beautiful and pretty! Perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  61. One more reason to be in love with that stamp set. Fantastic collage card. Love all the white space.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Ha. Just saw you got recognized at PDC and I'm so glad you did. So deserving.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love the little collage, Lea! So glad that you joined us in the Runway Inspired Challenge! Happy card making! :)

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful! I love the mix of different elements. Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥