Smitten & Type It

January 29, 2013

Good morning, everyone!!  Did you have a great Monday?  I certainly hope so!  I had a pretty normal day, then worked out this evening....and then we went over to Grant & Meagan's for dinner.  Not much else on my home front.

Just wanted to add a quick note that I have updated the "For Sale" tab on my blog.  There is A LOT on it, and good prices....so be sure to check it out!  

Today I have the rest of my projects for my guest design spot with Mama Elephant this month!  For the first card I am featuring the Mama Elephant "Smitten" stamp set, which I think might be my FAVE from this release.  It has the sweetest sentiments, and super trendy accent images to go along with them.  I combined the stamp set with Glitz's new "Color Me Happy" collection....and it was just the perfect fit.  Here is what I made!
Instructions:
1. Make an A2 card from red cardstock.
2. Cut chalkboard paper slightly smaller, sand the edges and adhere.
3. Cut a strip of rainbow people paper and adhere to the middle.
3. Round the corners of the text paper, then adhere to the left side.
4. Add a strip of washi tape to the right side.
5. Stamp a feather to cardstock, cut out and adhere to the right side.
6. Cut a banner edge to chalkboard paper, sand the edges and stamp the sentiment to it.
7. Cut a circle from woodgrain paper, and stamp the hands to it.
8. Layer the sentiment banner & stamped circle over top of the feather accent.
9. Tie a double bow from twine, and adhere with a rhinestone to the front.
10. Add a pin to the sentiment cluster to finish.

Challenges:
-Moving Along with the Times - Bling
-There She Goes #192 - Woodgrain
-Pile It On #4 - Washi Tape
-Frosted Design Fabulous Friday - Music (my card is inspired by a song!)










My next card uses the new Mama Elephant "Type It" stamp set.  This stamp set includes the cutest little typewriter, and some really fabulous sentiment possibilities.  I chose to go with a love theme since Valentine's Day is so close...and it paired perfectly with these Pink Paislee "Secret Crush" papers.  Here is my card!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from light grey cardstock.
2. Cut floral paper slightly smaller, round the corners and adhere.
3. Cut a grey polka dot paper strip, round the right hand corners and adhere.
4. Line the back of a diecut card with pink cardstock and heart paper, then adhere to the front.
5. Stamp the typewriter & sentiment paper to cardstock and vellum, cut out and adhere.
6. Add a diecut heart & pearl to the top of the sentiment.
7. Add a diecut arrow and ticket to the card, then accent with pearls.
8. Add heart confetti to the top right corner to finish.

Challenges:
-Just Add Ink #150 - Sketch
-The Pink Elephant #184 - Hearts
-Loves Rubberstamps #37 - Have a Heart










I have seriously loved guest designing for Mama Elephant this month.  I just adore their sweet and fun stamp sets, and the fresh style that Kryssi has brought to the stamping world.  I hope that you've enjoyed my projects this month using these new stamps, and I can't wait to see what you all start creating with them as well!  Have a great rest of your day!

Until later,
~L.

17 comments

  1. soooo awesome my friend, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Love all the layering and details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so seriously fabulous! I love the Cherish one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean yet scrappy look Lea. So many details that come together and look great! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both gorgeous Lea! the stamps and papers are fab together… love the layouts and pretty embellies!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck in the challenge!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on guesting with ME, Lea! These projects both have your signature style, and I just admire. You layer on embellishments, but the card never looks overwhelmed. Such a gift you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW.. SUPER Crush!

    Gots to have me that cutest stamp of the hands making a heart! In love with the card you made, and that stamp.

    -Kimberly Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink, Lea - that is the CUTEST card! Love all the elements you've used; so many sweet details to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards! I love your submission for Just Add Ink - there are so many gorgeous details to feast my eyes on! Thanks for joining us at JAI this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving those polka dots Lea and lovely use of so many great embellishments...Beautifully done!
    Great to have you join us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving both of your cards Lea. Thanks so much for playing along with us at JAI this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun design. The typewriter and dp are awesome! Thank you for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge this time around. We are so happy you could join us and hope to see you again.
    Good Luck, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both so super cute and I love the paper and the fabulous card designs you used! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them both! I love how you used the arrow to point to the heart on the typewriter card! Such a cute idea! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Pink Elephant!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesomeness on your cards Love that second one! thanks for sharing with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps. ope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥