Amazing.

January 17, 2013

Happy Thursday, everyone!!  I hope that your week has gone well so far!  It's been a good "normal" week for me....and we are getting ready to head up to Seeley Lake this weekend for some winter fun!  Very excited for that....and I am sure I will have lots of fun updates next week about that!

I have a really pretty card to share with you today that uses the new Prima 6x6 paper pad called "Introspection", and  new flower sets called "Joulee"& "Mini Sachet".  This card is extremely feminine, but with a purple/blue/green color combination....which you don't see much of these days.  Prima featured a Flowers & 6x6 Pad blog post the other day, which this card and MANY other inspirational projects were included on....so be sure to check it out.  The new flowers & 6x6 papers are fabulous!  Here is my card!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from purple cardstock.
2. Cut green paper slightly smaller, sand the edges & adhere.
3. Cut a floral paper strip, sand the edges and adhere to the right side.
4. Cut a scallop border from pink paper, sand the edges and adhere along the bottom.
5. Sand the edges of a sentiment sticker, and adhere where the floral & pink papers meet.
6. Wrap crochet trim around the scalloped border, then add a strip of rhinestones to the top of it.
7. Tie a double bow from twine, add a button to the center, and layer with a wooden butterfly below the sentiment.
8. Cluster flowers to the top of the card, then add two small paper roses to the left of the sentiment to finish.

Challenges:
-Loves Rubberstamps #35 - Button(s)
-Word Art Wednesday #63 - Anything Goes
-Daring Cardmakers - Frill
-Divas by Design #77 - Girly
-Creative Inspirations #197 - For The Girls










I have a couple of fun Instagram photos to share with you today!  If you want to follow me on Instagram to see my fun photos quicker, just search for @ltllea23....I would love to have you!
The first photo is the blooms I had to cut off my miniature rose plant because they froze next to one of our windows.  Sad face.  The second photo was my outfit yesterday- that shimmery houndstooth burnout tee is one of my FAVES from Christmas....along with the houndstooth scarf.  And the last photo is just a typical evening at the Lawson household.  Ha!

Well, that is everything I have to share with you today!  I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your Thursday, and are getting ready for an awesome weekend!

Until later,
~L.

18 comments

  1. Your card is simply stunning Lea - love the scarf and your pups look so content!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea,
    The textured cardstaock and sanded DSP edges are the perfect base for you extraordinarily beautiful floral arrangement. It is such a beautiful piece of art.
    Your pets seem to be right at home on the couch.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, simply stunning Lea, I love your use of colours, a really beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love that your card has so much dimension! It is gorgeous! I love the dog too! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are always gorgeous, but I love seeing your two sweet pups sleeping! We have a little Yorkie mix and he's just lights up our lives. So fun to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so beautiful, Lea! Love the jewel tones. And look at those sweet, sleeping babies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy COW. This card is so strikingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card would look beautiful in a frame. I love how you coordinated the different patterns and colors so smoothly. Thank you for sharing at WAW and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO bright and beautiful. What gorgeous flowers, Lea. THanks for joining us again this week.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. it really is an amazing card! love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is "amazing" and beautiful with all those lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful and I am so going to look for that paper, I love it! The flowers and the colors are amazing. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous...Thanks for joining us a Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the unique colours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely and deliciously STUNNING with those lovely in-your-face flowers and the delightful unique color scheme. I'm saving this to my faves folder right now! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooooh, what a gorgeous, colorful card! So beautiful! Lovin' your houndstooth scarf, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lea, I'm Sarah from Making-Handmade-Cards.com.

    Just like what your card says - amazing! This is really stunning card, Lea - with all the bountiful flower embellies. I love the colors, too - I think they are fun!

    By the way, I was wondering if you got our email about our Design Team invitation? It would be fabulous to have you in our team - we would love to see more of your creativity being unleashed with our eKits! Please do let me know, ok? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a GORGEOUS card! I love all those pretty flowers and how you used the button on the butterfly! Beautiful color choices too! What a cute scarf I can see why you love it! I got a giggle out of your puppies sleeping :) Our's take over our couch too and we also have a yorkie who loves to sleep on the back of the couch just like your's - LOL! Thank you so much for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps! We hope to see you play along with us again :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥