WPlus9 February Release Week - Day 3

February 2, 2013

Hey there, everyone!  How has your weekend been so far?  I have had a great one...spent some time with my family and belatedly celebrated my birthday with them!  On Friday night we went to Lydia's for dinner, and then the Acoma for martinis....I have some Instagram photos at the end of the post to share of our night out together!  It was a really fun night, and nice to spend some time with my family.  The next morning the guys went ice fishing- my mom and I were going to meet them, but as we were driving there they called and told us that the fish just weren't biting.  So- we met them for lunch at a local restaurant....where Josh also told me some bad news.  His wedding ring fell down one of the ice fishing holes.  So- we made our way home early....and went ring shopping at Adair's.  Ha!  Stuff happens...and thankfully material things are replaceable.

Today is day 3 of the WPlus9 release, and we have one more stamp set & matching die to share with you.  Here is the information on them:

Written On Ribbon
  • is a 4x6 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • contains 24 high quality photo-polymer stamps; 23 sentiments and sentiment builders and 1 ribbon banner image
  • will be available for purchase February 5th for $14
Written On Ribbon Companion Die
  • coordinates with the Written On Ribbon stamp set
  • will be available for purchase February 5th for $6
 I combined them with the "Cupid's Arrow" stamp set, and created a super sweet Valentine!  I paired the stamps with Pink Paislee's "Secret Crush" collection {can I just say I love the name of that collection.  It makes me smile every time I type it...like I have a secret myself, or something....tee hee!}.  Here is my glittery, shimmery Valentine!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from pink swiss dot cardstock.
2. Cut notebook paper slightly smaller, and adhere.
3. Cut a banner edge to a dotted paper strip, then adhere to the middle.
4. Layer a doily heart & a diecut heart to top of the dotted banner.
5. Cut out the banner, cover in glitter and adhere to the upper left corner.
6. Diecut & stamp the ribbon banner, then add a custom sentiment inside of it.
7. Layer the ribbon banner to the card front, with a diecut ticket in the lower right corner of the hearts.
8. Diecut, stamp & glitter the cupids, then adhere to each side of the ribbon banner.
9. Add a diecut arrow & heart to the bottom of the card, then accent with jewels.
10. Add two silver star confetti pieces to the front to finish.

Challenges:
-The Sweet Stop Sketch #196 - Sketch
-Sweet Stampin' - Love
-Loves Rubberstamps #37 - Hearts
-Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes










Today's stamp set has so many wonderful possibilities, and can be used with so many different WPlus9 sentiment stamps.  It will be a great addition to your WPlus9 library, and definitely a must have!  All of this month's release will go on sale at midnight on February 5th...so not much longer now!

Be sure to check out what the rest of the designers have created for you today!



And don't forget....you can comment to win each day of the release on Dawn's blog!  Read her blog post each day for commenting instructions!!

And now....on to some Instagram photos!  If you would like to see my Instagram photos as I post them, just search user @ltllea23....I would love to have you follow me!  I post personal photos, along with my cards, and quite often....my creative process!!
 The first three are from my quick trip up to Ronan on Wednesday to get my hair done!  It takes a lot of work to keep this naturally curly haired girl straight....ha!  The last three photos are from this weekend!  They put a candle in my huckleberry ice cream at Lydia's....that was sweet!  The next is the best lemon drop martini ever....and the last one is me & Josh with my bro & his girl!

Well, that is all I have for you today!  I hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend!!  Enjoy the Super Bowl if I don't post before then!

Until later,
~L.

20 comments

  1. Ohhhh, MY goodness, Lea! I just gasped, out loud when I read about your hubby's wedding ring! GAWSH! That is terrible! I'm impressed that you were cool, though, and I have to say, meeting for lunch sounded a-o-k to me! Burrrrrr! Meanwhile, after that excitement, I got to your AMAZING card, and gasped ALL over again! {My kid was like, "WHAT are you reading, Mom????"} Heh heh - WOW, girl! Way to get your VALENTINE on! That one is a REAL beaut! LIKE a stampy/crafty carnivale, all by itself! You amaze and delight me with it ALL! Glad you had a happy birthday, and GOOD hair... It's always worth the extra effort! LOL Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, great story and super pics. Have a good Sunday .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love all the detail.

    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love every detail in it. Great pics. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wonderful card. Never would have thought to use the ribbon stamp as a background the way you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card thank you for calling over at Sweet Stampin' this week. Good Luck. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card, story and pics!!! You ROCK Miss Lea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card with such a pretty design and great details. This is perfect for Valentine's day! Thanks for sharing your story and the pics too! Thanks for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful! Love how you added the YOU and the cupids - very nice.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card Lea. Fabulous layers and images. Such pretty colors too. Love your take on the sketch. Seems you had a busy weekend, with the ring shopping and belated celebration... Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, Lea! LOVE all the layers and shimmer and shine! Happy belated birthday! I'm so glad you were able to replace your hubby's ring, too. My hubby would be lucky to get his off at all. LOL! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is so beatiful, fabulous design! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love seeing all of your sweet pics girl! And your card??? Amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend with family and friends, the best kind of celebration. :)
    I could spend all day looking at the details on this beautiful card! So many unique elements that work perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at all those luscious layers! I love how you have combined the new and old - love that versatility!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous card, Lea! I love it! Fun pictures, too! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The perils of ice fishing! ;) Love the card and the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pics, Lea. Can't believe your hubby wore his ring to go ice fishing! That's like cleaning the toilet with your ring on. ;)
    Looks like you had a great night out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥