Thank You So Much

February 26, 2013


Happy Tuesday, everyone!!  I hope you had a great beginning of your week!  The last time I posted was Saturday, when I had an engagement session up at my family's farm in Ronan.  The shoot went great, and my couple was really excited about having the farm as their backdrop.  I've done a quick run through of the images...and they are fantastic! I can't wait to get in there and really start editing.  While I was doing that, Josh was finishing up the redo of our bathroom....and it looks amazing!  I cleaned it and put up the finishing touches on Sunday, and we just love how it turned out.  It is so warm and cozy in there now...no longer stark white!  Today I enjoyed Oula after not being able to go for three days...it was so nice to just dance for an hour!  Then I accompanied Josh to lunch, made some cards, had dinner together....you know- just the norm. :)

Today I have my next post as this month’s guest designer for Precious Remembrance Shop!! I am enjoying the Thanks Stamp Set so much this month, and am excited to share my projects with you!

Last time I went pretty clean & simple with my creations, so for today’s post I focused on a more layered, product-oriented style. The Thanks Stamps set was the perfect match for the product that I used on my cards today! Up first is a card using some brand new Studio Calico and some other fun embellishments!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from oatmeal cardstock, then round the lower right corner.
2. Cut a strip of feather paper, and round the same corner.
3. Layer the feather paper to the right side of the card, with a doily & gold tab peeking out under the left side.
4. Add a tape measure sticker over top of the doily & gold tab.
5. Layer a journaling card, sentiment card, a pink banner, and a vellum banner together.
6. Stamp the sentiment to the vellum, set with heat, then stitch along the right side of it.
7. Adhere the entire block to the front, then tuck a jeweled circle sticker under the top.
8. Add a diecut arrow & wood veneer conversation bubble to the front.
9. Accent with a clear button, printed rhinestone, sequins & pearls.
10. Add a gold photo corner to the upper left to finish.

Challenges:
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch
-Simon Says Stamp challenge - Arrow
-Ooh La La Creations #124 - Sparkle & Shine












This next card turned into a love card after all was said & done…ha! I made a comment on my blog the other day that I can never have enough love themed product because the majority of my cards end up being about love in some way, sort or fashion! I paired the Thanks Stamp Set with some brand new Glitz Design product for this card, and they worked together perfectly!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock.
2. Cut background paper slightly smaller, then adhere.
3. Cut a rainbow striped paper block, then adhere to the top.
4. Add a strip of woodgrain washi tape to the bottom, then tie ribbon around the middle.
5. Add a jewel to the center of the bow.
6. Diecut a notebook paper shape from woodgrain paper, then stamp the top of it.
7. Add a strip of washi tape underneath, then add the rest of the stamped sentiments to the top of it.
8. Add an X to the stamped top, then adhere the entire piece to the card front.
9. Fussy cut the Love piece, then adhere with a geotag symbol, epoxy stickers & a jewel to the globe in the background.
10. Accent the lower left corner with jewels to finish.

Challenges:
-Retro Sketches #52 - Past Sketch (#19)
-The Kraft Journal #110 - Use Any Sketch
-Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday - Bold Color & Pattern











I hope that you've enjoyed my cards today!!  Have a wonderful rest of your Tuesday!  I will be back again soon with more cards to share!

Until later,
~L.

16 comments

  1. There are no words! You are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super cute! I love all of the fun elements!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations. Love the layering on the first.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the fun details! Great card!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations!
    Blessings,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super fun and colorful, Lea. THanks for sharing with us this week!
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea!! WOWSERS! girl these cards are amazing, the first one just left me speechless..great to hear you had a wonderful weekend! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great cards! Love your mix of products and embellishments! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs! Hope to see your work again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! These cards are awesome, dearie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is super! You have a big talent! thanks for playing with as at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards Lea :-) both are absolutely fantastic !! WOW !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. so many thoughts here. 1. I love how you do freestyle collage and the touch of gold is just a stunning extra. 2. how you make a winner and then enter them in a million challenges, some I have never heard of is genius. Chupa does that too and I am amazed by that. I can barely enter one 3. your photography is ridiculously good. 4. I love the supplies icon, so cute and organized 5. I am a huge fan, not sure if I have ever said that, but I wanted to be sure to say it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many fun colors and patterns and textures! I love all of the "love" on the second card!! Thanks for joining us at retrosketches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are all such perfect little pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two fabulous cards! I have to learn to let go a bit more when I am making cards,you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, I didn't know you do photography shoots! That's so lovely. The farm sounds like the coolest backdrop. Good for you!

    You are just one creative lass, with the cards and the photos. I do love to keep company with creative folks!

    Love your 'love' creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I am always just blown away by your layered beauties! The first one in particular is a mini masterpiece. Love the touches of gold!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥