ME Stamp Highlight: Modern Borders

February 18, 2013

Happy Monday, everyone!!  Did you have a good Sunday?  I said goodbye to Josh for the week as he is traveling for business, and then had a pretty quiet morning.  I went to Oula at 2pm, had some lunch afterwards, and then got showered and ready for church.  Other than that, the day wasn't too eventful!!

Today we are highlighting the new Mama Elephant stamp set called "Modern Borders".  I got my rainbow on for this card, and inked up the scalloped border in shades of ROYGBIV.....ha!!  I combined the rainbow border with a sentiment from "Smitten", and I think they worked together perfectly!  Check it out!
 Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white orange peel cardstock.
2. Ink the scalloped border with rainbow shades of ink, then stamp to the card front.
3. Wrap twine around the top of the stamped border.
4. Tie a double bow from matching twine, attach a button to the center and adhere to the card.
5. Add rainbow colored jewels below the stamped border.
6. Stamp the sentiment below the jewels to finish.

Challenges:
-4 Crafty Chicks #129 - Sketch
-Inky Impressions #97 - Twine
-Little Red Wagon #172 - Love
-Charisma Cardz #6 - Anything Goes










I know the other Mama Elephant designers have some amazing cards to share with you using the Modern Borders set as well, so be sure to check them out!

Kryssi Ng / Mama Elephant http://www.mamaelephantblog.com/
Pearl Lui http://kraftypearl.blogspot.com/
Alice Wertz http://aliceslittlewonderland.blogspot.com/
Savannah O'Gwynn http://savannahland2.blogspot.com/
Mariana Grigsby http://marianagrigsby.wordpress.com/
Geralyn Sy http://inacreativebubble.blogspot.com/
JJ Bolton http://rgcards.blogspot.com/
Cheiron Brandon http://www.cheironbrandon.typepad.com/

I hope that you enjoyed my clean & simple card full of rainbow goodness!  I hope that you have a wonderful start to your week...I am going to be editing photos!!

Until later,
~L. 

23 comments

  1. I think I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card, Lea! Rockin' the rainbow trend and with a super CAS style too!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ! This is so cute x Sure to brighten any day x
    ((Hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card just makes me happy, happy, happy! Love the rainbow border and the colorful bling is just sublime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card I love the rainbow theme! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Charisma Cardz.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Love the colors and clean design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cheerful! I could see this as engagement invitations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the rainbow color stamping and those blings make me happy. awesome card, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is lovely - so bright and fun and CAS! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is such an awesome card!! I love this stamping idea!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. simply stunning!
    thank you so much for joining us at Charisma!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on flipping the sketch! Love the one layer stamping you make it look so easy. Thank you so much for sharing your very inspired creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing our sketch challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous rainbow of color. I love how you have done the stamping then the rainbow of bling is the perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZING design! And now I want some of those fun faceted jewels!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely gorgeous! I just adore that rainbow of gems to complement the rainbow inked border!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I love a good rainbow! I've just noticed you have me on your list of "inspiring crafters". Thank-you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥