WPlus9 February Group Post

February 4, 2013

Hey there, everyone!  How was your Monday?  Mine was great!  I had my first Oula class (dance fitness) at the Downtown Dance Collective, and it went great!  The class is larger than what I have been attending....and I think I feed off of that energy a bit.  And the times at the DDC work so much better with my schedule, which is awesome!  I can Oula every single day if I want...so I am going at 9am tomorrow! Ha!

Today is our WPlus9 group post for February, which marks the end of release week and means that it is time to purchase your must haves this time around!!  I really love seeing all of the designer's projects together on the blog...it is just so fun to see our different styles, and to see which stamps & dies each designer gravitates to.

I chose to use Written On Ribbon & it's companion die, along with the Scalloped Border & Love Notes dies.  I also used Cupid's Bow cardstock, and the new White Pure Color Pigment ink.  I combined the WPlus9 goodies with the new Glitz Design "Color Me Happy" collection...{which is hitting stores right now!  So be on the lookout!} Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from red cardstock.
2. Cut background paper slightly smaller, then adhere washi tape to the right side.
3. Diecut a scallop border to the washi taped side, then adhere to the card front.
4. Add a file tab sticker to the front, then layer a heart paper strip over top of it.
5. Cut a thin strip of rainbow people, and adhere to the left side.
6. Diecut & stamp the ribbon banner to chalkboard paper, then add the sentiment with stamps & alphas.
7. Adhere to the front with foam adhesive, then accent with a giant rhinestone.
8. Diecut a letter from woodgrain paper, and layer to the right of the ribbon banner with a red heart & clear jewel.
9. Sprinkle & adhere sequins to the front to finish.

Challenges:
-Mojo Monday #279 - Sketch
-Love To Create #51 - Celebrate
-Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes










So, I love that trendy chalkboard technique that has been popping up all around us lately....but I can admit, I can't stand the thought of smearing ink.  It like....frightens me.  So- I have found my alternative to this technique, while still getting the chalkboard look.  Use chalkboard paper (like the ones that GLITZ has released this time around!!!), and stamp on it with white pigment ink.  Voila....you get a the look of chalk on a CLEAN chalkboard....ha!!

I know I can't wait to see what the rest of the WPlus9 designers have come up with for the group post, so here is a list so you can check them out too!
Well, that is all I have for you for now!  I hope that you have a wonderful Tuesday!!

Until later,
~L.

6 comments

  1. So many great elements to this card!! That banner die/stamp is outstanding!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Lea! This is such a fun card! I love the colors and layers and elements of you card! Such great composition - ALWAYS!!! Wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO FUN, Lea! LOVE all these bold, bright, happy colors to bits! FANTASTIC! Happy dancing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lea, so cute and colourful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with ya....I love that chalkboard thing...only I am a no-talent schmuck...so ink techniques no workie for me. However...I love your workaround - ha! And yay! - - you shared more pictures. Are you even old enough to drink? I swear you look like you're sixteen...all perky with your cute lil' smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, Absolutely Gorgeous!! Thank you so much for joining our 1st Birthday Celebration at Love to Create Challenges!

    Jacki admin-Love to Create

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥