All You Need is Love

February 21, 2013

Happy Thursday, everyone!!  Are you happy that the weekend is almost here?!  I will be working for a little bit this weekend, because I have an engagement session to shoot on Saturday.  Which I am excited about...I love shooting people who are newly engaged and so much in love!!  Josh got home today from his week in Casper, WY and Billings....and he brought me home some super awesome stuff from World Market!  I am going to share some of my Instagram shots at the bottom of the post, and you will get to see what he got me!!

Today I have a super sweet love card to share with you!  I know, I know...Valentine's day is over, but I make love cards all year long.  They are my fave to make!!  I don't have a problem over-purchasing the amazing Valentine collections that are released each year, because they are typically in my favorite colors & always have non-themed papers that can be used all year long!  I used a combination of Crate Paper & Studio Calico, plus some other odds & ends here and there.  Here is my card!!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from vintage cream cardstock.
2. Cut grid paper slightly smaller, then adhere a heart paper strip to the top.
3. Adhere a 3x4 chevron block to the left side of the card, then add a red banner strip to the top of it.
4. Diecut two hearts from vellum & number paper, then layer together to the top of the banner strip.
5. Zigzag stitch down the middle of the hearts, then adhere the entire paper block to the card front.
6. Layer the the vellum sentiment sticker with some tabs & a doily to the card front.
7. Add a glitter photo corner & grey diecut bracket to the lower left corner.
8. Add a little piece of doily to the upper left side of the card.
9. Accent the front with jewel, sequins & a pearl to finish.

Challenges:
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch
-Crate Paper Creative Weekly - Love Red
-City Crafter #147 - Glitter
-Loves Rubberstamps #40 - Lots of Layers










The jewels, pearls & sequins are all from Michael's, so they aren't linked on my supply list above.  They have these great jewel/pearl sets in the $2.00 bins that are in an actual aisle...not the basket dividers at the front of the store.  If you like to embellish with bling....you might want to go check them out!!  (You will also see them in one of my Instagram photos below!)

Speaking of, how about I share some Instapics for you?  It's been awhile since I shared any, so I will pick just some of my recent faves!  If you want to follow me on Instagram, just search for @ltllea23.  I would love to see you on there!
The first photo is my sassy little cocker who was annoyed that she wasn't getting her way with me!  The second is a night out with my cute friend, Alex.  That awesome metallic bag is a photo that makes me sad...because I am sending it back.  It is a camera bag/purse....but it is completely non-functional for my equipment.  Sad face.  Then it is my cute little Sadie again...ready for bed the other night.  Then it was my Michael's haul from a couple days ago....new Heidi Swapp, sale/clearance Martha & those awesome jewel packs.  And last, but definitely not least, is proof that I have the best husband ever.  He went to World Market in Billings while he was gone this week.  He got me some cardamom (YUM!!!!), 2 sugar-free vanilla syrups, and the clear jars I want to replace the ugly blue ones I have had since college...with those CUTE chalkboard labels.  SO excited!!  He also got himself some curry powder & star anise for cooking. 

Alright all...that is all I have for you today!  I will be back at some point tomorrow with another card, and some Bible study notes!!  Have a great Thursday!

Until later,
~L.

15 comments

  1. I kind of love the little doily bits you included in this card, what a great idea, and love that you used different colors of thread to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! The doggy pic is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gprgeous card, and I love your pics :-) Thanks so much for playing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Miss Lea!! Super RAD pics, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! your Michaes has it going on! and so does your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card. And I enjoyed your photos. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lovely card and what a cute dog!! Many thanks for playing at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card! That vellum heart is so pretty! Great pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know that I love your card (because I always do) but your sweet little mushface looks like such a doll! And do you make tea with the cardamom? YUM is right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't mind if you changed your blog to just your pictures - ha! What fun!! I love me some Cost Plus (World Market - am I the only person that doesn't call it World Market?) Think I'll go there this afternoon...always find something neat and clever and relatively cheap there. And I didn't know Michael's had Heidi Swapp stuff. I kinda stopped shopping there because I would leave with all this stuff that I never do anything with...like paper mache boxes and what not. And there's little Lea lookin' 13 again...with a drink in her hand :p Love the card too...totally pirating the idea of putting a piece of doily here and there. You are a clever one. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how sweet, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lea,

    I saw your card over at City Crafter Challenge and thought I'd pop by. Good timing since you shared a lot in your post. You've acquired a lot of recent treasures! Those are some fragrant spices! You have me wondering what you do with them!

    I enjoyed mulling over your card and seeing all the little details. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful layering of elements. such a pretty card! definitely didn't know that Michaels have Heidi Swapp! must check it out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love this card!
    thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥