Sweet Stamp Shop March Release Day 1

March 12, 2013

Happy Tuesday, all!  I mentioned in my post yesterday that I was asked to be a guest designer this month...and today is my day to reveal who!  I am guest designing for Sweet Stamp Shop this month, and the new stamp reveals start today!
Today is day one of the release, and I have a card using the new "Chalkboard Sign" stamp set!  This is a super cute stamp set, with that perfect chalkboard feel to it.  However....I didn't really use it in a chalkboard fashion this time around.  :)  I combined it with Glitz Design "Hello Friend" and some beautiful Prima flowers to create this:
 Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from light orange cardstock.
2. Cut bokeh paper slightly smaller, then wrap two strips of crepe paper around the bottom of it.
3. Add a strip if paper garland above the crepe paper, then ahdere the entire block to the card front.
4. Stamp the sentiment to vellum, and heat set.
5. Adhere the vellum sentiment to the front, adding some foam adhesive to the upper right corner.
6. Randomly adhere sequins underneath the top of the vellum sentiment, then accent it with a jewel.
7. Add a large jewel to the popped right corner to cover the adhesive.
8. Arrange and adhere the flowers to the lower left corner as shown to finish.

Challenges:
-Cupcake Craft #233 - Sentiment Focus

 

So, I got kind-of lucky because this crepe paper trim is actually from the same collection.  One is a pre-CHA sample, and the other is a post-CHA product where the dye was perfected for the collection.  While one is not completely correct, it allowed me to arrange the crepe paper to give me that ombre affect utilizing product, rather than stamping.  And I just love how it turned out!!  I hope that you do too! 

There are so many amazing projects to be seen today, so be sure to head on over to the Sweet Stamp Shop Release Day 1 blog post, and check out what all the other amazing designers have in store for you as well!  I believe there might just be a giveaway over there, too. ;) 

Have a wonderful rest of your Tuesday! 

Until later,
~L. 

29 comments

  1. I am so in love with your card, that I pinned it as soon as I saw it! Just absolutely gorgeous! Love all your trims, and fun flowers! Loven' this SSS blog hop! You ladies are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card!! I can never pull of this fabulous shabby chic look! you make it look easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the ombre affect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the card and the touches of pink and peach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hit this right on the head. It is perfect in my eyes. I'm going to go look again. Ahhh. It almost makes me tear up....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful soft colours and such pretty flowers. Thanks for playing at TG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty way to use this stamp. I like the crepe paper and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vintage/romantic feel to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this card is just so darn beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, love the vellum and the crate paper ruffles!! So ingenious and adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I love how you used the crepe paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool! Love the different layers going on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card just makes me happy Lea! I LOVE the vellum and the confetti and that gorgeous trim. So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is beautiful! I can't get enough of the ombre ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Utterly gorgeous card and I love all the pretty layers and embellishments.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Totally Gorjuss this week.
    Kat W (GDT) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the softness of the vellum and the colors on the card. It is such a pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This turned out so pretty! What a great way to use this image!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How great is this card with the stamped vellum and those sequins peeking out underneath! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oohhh loving the vellum and crepe paper!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks AMAZING on vellum! Love how you used the crepe paper on the bottom as well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super duper GORGEOUS!!! Love that prettiness of this card! BEAUTIFUL work friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fab card. Gorgeous details and textures! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card Lea, I like it a lot.

    Thank you for sharing with Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

    Love
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  24. pretty, lacy and lovely to look at...

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE what you've done with the crepe paper here, girl! And the ombre effect is just icing on the cake! Your vellum sentiment panel is delish, too!

    Hey, thanks for stopping by to say hello and leave some love today! That means so much to me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Lea! Thanks for linking this up to the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥