Mama Elephant March Stampede

March 15, 2013

Welcome to the Mama Elephant March Stampede! Our February release is now live and available for purchase in the store HERE.

To celebrate the new release, Mama Elephant is giving away 3 gift certificates worth $20.00 each to 3 lucky people! Winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs in the Stampede. Winners will be announced on the blog on Monday, March 18th, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.

I used the new stamp sets "Hello" & "Papa Love", along with the older stamp set "On Target". I combined them with some Studio Calico, Maya Road & 7Gypsies....and what came of it is this eclectic masculine card! While this card could definitely be used for Father's Day, I created it more as a "just because" for whoever might be the favorite guy in your life! Check it out!
 Instructions:
1. Make a 5-inch square card from white cardstock.
2. Adhere a block of brown dotted paper at an angle to the card front, then trim off the excess.
3. Stamp and heat emboss the arrows to the bottom of the card, then accent with jewels.
4. Cut a strip of calender printed paper, then layer to the front with a postal tag & ticket.
5. Add a camera shaped clip to the end the calendar paper, then accent the middle with a jewel.
6. Add the library card to the front, then stamp the first part of the sentiment to it.
7. Stamp the speech bubble sentiment to a tag, then adhere to the card front with a strip of washi tape.
8. Layer a canvas tag & wood veneer speech bubble to the left side of the card.
9. Accent with sequins & pearls as shown to finish.

Challenges:
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch - Layout Version
-Moxie Fab World Card Creations Week Challenge - Speech Bubbles
-Sweet Stampin' challenge - Masculine











I hope you like my eclectic guy card today!  I often don't feel like I create masculine themed cards very well, but I do like how this one turned out.  I like all the fun layers of random items that I just pulled and placed here & there.

Back to some blog hop information!! Here's how to qualify to win (leave a separate comment for each):
1. Leave a comment on this blog post
2. Become a follower of our blog
3. Like/share us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/mamaelephant
4. Tweet about us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/heymamaelephant

Ready to stampede? Here's the list of designer blogs you'll be visiting:

Emily Leiphart (guest designer! woot!) http://leiphartonart.blogspot.com/
Savannah O'Gwynn http://savannahland2.blogspot.com/
Lea Lawson http://leascupcakesandsunshine.blogspot.com/
Mariana Grigsby http://marianagrigsby.wordpress.com/
Geralyn Sy http://inacreativebubble.blogspot.com/
JJ Bolton http://www.jjbolton.org
Cheiron Brandon http://www.cheironbrandon.typepad.com/
Jenn Biederman http://createdbyjb.typepad.com/
Pearl Lui http://kraftypearl.blogspot.com/
Alice Wertz http://aliceslittlewonderland.blogspot.com/

I hope that you have a wonderful time hopping along all this wonderful inspiration!  I know I am excited to sit down with a cappuccino and do my own perusing.  Have a wonderful Friday!!

Until later,
~L. 

69 comments

  1. what a fun set! Great execution.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a follower of the mama elephant blog!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun set. Definitely an eclectic guy card. Mama Elephant's stamps have definitely caught my eye. Love quite a few of their stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, love all the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tweeted about the March Stampede: https://twitter.com/cutiephinphin/status/312563638328229888

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! Love your card and use of stamps, way too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Such fun stamps :D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I am loving that brown, red, and gold palette! Just stunning and warm:) Hope you have a great weekend Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous layering, and fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is truly outstanding. I love all the layers. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin'! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a master with embellishments! I LOVE the textures....the way you created that camera is genius and I LOVE the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Already following on Twitter and tweeted: https://twitter.com/MiriamPrantner/status/312628661289357313

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card, love the layout.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, hope you can join us again next week. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely love your guy card! You did a great job putting all of the elements together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous layering on your card, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Already commented on your instagram that I love your chevrons with gems in, but the whole card is great, and the 'fabulous' stamp looks brilliant on the tag! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great color combo! Love the gold embossing too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great card. So much detail. Thanks for sharing the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving all the laying on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just love the handwriting with print combo on those speech bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!! what an amazing card!!! wow!!! love the little touches of the sequins and the bling in the camera lens! awesome use of the new ME stamps!! so excited for these sets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous card Lea! I love all the layers! And I swoon over your photography! Thanks for sharing :)
    ~Hugs~
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great card with all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow your layering is amazing! I love how well this all fits together!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great design and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a fun card, Lea! Love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I adore this card, Lea - I love the slanted dotted paper, the gold embossing, all the perfect layering and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  28. AWESOME card design and love all the details! (that camera clip is way cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  29. tweeted here: https://twitter.com/karenladd/status/312757075216326656

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great guy card! I love all the layers and details. This is a terrific set.
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Sue Brailey

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, lots going on on your card :) it looks fab. I love the hello set.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I already like the mama elephant Facebook page (under my real name)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the layers on this card. There is is so much detail! The longer I look at the card, the more I find to love.

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this card! I love the gold embossing and the papers with that camera and tag---YOU ROCKED this card!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card....love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am now follower #210 of the Mam Elephant blog.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just liked the awesome Mama Elephant Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is my favorite set this release!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a cool, fun, masculine card! I am never any good at making those.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am a follower of the ME blog

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the mix of elements on this card, Lea! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the mix of elements on this card, Lea! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  43. can't stop staring at all the details! such a beauty, Lea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥